The greatest band on planet Earth is back!

Checkpoint

Kula Shaker are back working on their third album! Jay is obviously not with the band, but I definitely get some good vibes outta this. Apparently this has been known for a while, so why didn't anyone drop the bloody bomb already? Best news in ages!

Kula Shaker website

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed you were talking about The Police and their recent reunion at the Grammys (Grammies?).

I don't know that Kula Shaker ever really made it stateside. I remember seeing an ad for their album "K" in a guitar magazine circa 1996 or so, but that's about it. Do they have a bigger following in the UK and Europe?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Well "K" entered the British charts at #1, but that was, as you say, over ten years ago. They were really big for a while, but I don't know about their following around Europe. I'm probably their greatest fan in Sweden, but I reckon they're fairly big in the UK after coming back. We'll have to wait and see when the album arrives. Ask Launchie, though; she might have the scoop. She's an old fan as well.

Damn you! I thought that you meant Pink Floyd :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Damn you! I thought that you meant Pink Floyd :(

Oh if you're a Floyd fan you ought to check Kula out.

Just got the Revenge of the King EP off iTunes. Opening track sounds really neat! :joy:

Edited by Checkpoint

Somehow I can't seem to stand Phil Collins. Maybe it's the whole eighties thing, but I just don't appreciate him either as a composer or a singer.

Yeah, I thought this was about Sixpence None the Richer. :mellow:

They're back! :woot:

Yeah, I heard about Rage getting back together. It's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. The novelty has worn off the whole Audioslave thing, and Zach De La Rocha is probably running out of food stamps.

At least a Rage reunion would give him an excuse to finally shelve that solo album he's been "working on" since they broke up. Too bad, I bet he had a lot of "ill rhymes" in which he sticks it to "the man."

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Never heard of them. :mellow:

I thought it was going to be about The Police gammy thing too. Now that's a concert tour I might "kill" to get good tickets for...childhood memories, ah.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had my money on Genesis. None o' that Peter Gabriel ****, neither. Pure Phil Collins magic.

I was with you, I thought Genesis.

I can't wait till they come to the US, who hoo!

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I assumed you meant The Fish Brothers. And by 'back' you meant 'from the lavatory'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Kula Shaker were pretty much a gimmick band. The gimmick being that Crispian Mills (the lead) was a white Hindu guy.

They were also the most intense band of their time. K blows me away to this day, if you catch my resum

And just to clarify, I was being kinda sarcastic earlier. Peter Gabriel > Phil Collins.

Oh, good.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: