Star Wars: Force Unleashed news

Two things I wonder about is how hair and saber control is handled...

How hair is handled? :)

Does it move, is it long, and does it clip right through your neck. If the engine can simulate hair well I'm going to try and lean to mod it.

Im sure that Lucas can get a sponsor agreement with Loreal.

Maybe after this they can do K3 or a new TIE Fighter?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'm pretty disappointed that FU isn't coming out for PC. In fact with a few exceptions, most of LA's games have disappointed me in the past few years.

Can we please not call it FU?

This game looks cool (even though I have not seen it yet, it sounds cool). Here comes a Darkside game for those with black hearts! :down: With lots things that blowup and lightsaber action! :starwars:

Oh yes, I did read through much of this post. It would look like we have plenty of RPG brats amongst us. If it is that it will not be released on the PC, it is that it will be a poor game. Come on! where is your darkside loves excitement that when you unleash hell, you will now be able to trash everything near by?!?! Whats that? A guy looked at you the wrong way and your offended? Through him against the wall and watch him scramble for his life! :lol::thumbsup: Don't like the petty statue? Shatter it! Come on people, unleash your Darkside! But don't forget to unleash it all in the game and not real life!

When K3 comes out it will be that much better! If no one here has noticed, Lucas Arts said that have not given these games enough time. That is one reason they are not rushing them out anymore.

Besides, console games don't port over to PC very well.

Edited by Watchman

One question: By the end of the game, is this character going to be another Force God like the Exile?

<_<

This gives me an idea for a new poll...

... of which isn't to be released, yet....

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Now, in this LS scenario, you and the group of Jedi Knights get a shot at Vader and Palpatine. To avoid screwing up the story in the OT and keep things neat canonically, you
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I am pleased to hear Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be taking advantage of the Havok middleware, especially since 4.5 features massive optimizations for the PlayStation 3. The Havok physics engine is also being used by Guerrilla in the development of the upcoming Killzone for the PlayStation 3, which looks absolutely amazing in real-time, by the way. There's no doubt in my mind SW:TFU (> :thumbsup: ) will look and play great on the PS3 as well.

Edited by Exar Kun

Guest The Architect
Probably quite a bit. I'll definitely doubt there's any LS to it, but beyond that they've definitely said they're going to include endings that break with the official story.

Hmm, new news to me, but I

Edited by The Architect

:lol: Yeah, I certainly hope not.

Then OPG would probably pop up again and he'll say "OMFG this guy can lift up 20 stormtrooperz at once!58#!! Can Palpetine do that? Um..no. Dis guy is like the only won who culd give the Exile (Sith Lord lvl 50) and Mace Windu a run for teh money."

Don't worry I can counter it: "Palapatine can surely do that. Well, why he didn't? Because, Palpatine is actually smart! Killing 20 stormtroopers, Pah. BRAINWASHING 20 Stormtroopers, that is true power. :p"

er...My respect in LA drops further. This looks to me what FU's story would be, and I thought it would be...better.

Meh, I'm no professional story writer damn it! <_< KotOR III is my thing, not writing stories in other timelines. I never said it was good anyway. As Tale said, they're going to have 'non-canon' endings in this game.

That sounds good, but then we have the inherent possiblity that this game is really just going to be just one string of Infinite comic books. I am not sure how popular the Infinites are. They may need to declare one ending canon...but from what I read, they're going to declare ALL endings canon. I'm confused.

Why must it have to be felt with "continutiy"? Just throw in noncanon LS and DS endings where you can murder Palpatine and Vader.

Because then all the f*ckhead fanboys would say "If that guy in FU can kill Palpatine and Vader, then Revan would wipe the floor with them easily." Same goes for if you could kill Yoda, Luke or Obi-Wan. <_< I can see it now though, because of the ridiculously embroidered crap this guy can do in FU, some people are going to think that Yoda, Palpatine and co pale compared to him. <_<

Well, then, blame LA for even doing such a thing, by making the main characters weak in an attempt to create tons of extra cash. Besides, I feel that they may have no choice...you have to care for your character to play a game, and because of that, you have to boost that character's ego.

The reason I objected to your story is because you DIE at the end. Sounds pretty good as a story, but as a game, I want to be powerful, and I don't want to be murdered. Nobody does. I want to appear very, very powerful, and not...weak.

You know what would have been better? If you would have played as a Sith not aligned with Palpatine or Vader. If you are a Dark Sided User, prehaps one of the Prophets of the Sith...or even a True Sith. Your main goal is to defend the "Jedi" against the "ursuper" Sith, Palpatine and Vader, laying the groundwork for an eventual True Sith takeover. You are working for a good cause...but with evil intentions.

I think it is lame that we will HAVE to play as a Sith. In fact, if thats the case, I dont think I'll even get the game. I want to play as a Jedi and fight the DS! Not be a Sith and fight FOR it! Oy. LA, you better make it a choise as to either be a Jedi or a Sith, or you will get none of my hard earned money.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I think it is lame that we will HAVE to play as a Sith. In fact, if thats the case, I dont think I'll even get the game. I want to play as a Jedi and fight the DS! Not be a Sith and fight FOR it! Oy. LA, you better make it a choise as to either be a Jedi or a Sith, or you will get none of my hard earned money.

... and in how many games force you to have the first option?

But yeah, there should be a choice in the game IMO, especially since they say there's going to be multiple endings... Of course, by multiple endings, we could be talking about multiple endings ala KOTOR II...

But if there were true multiple endings, then yeah, I would hope there's an LS option, where you could help the remaining Jedi overthrow Palpatine.

DAWUSS

• 2 weeks later...

Oh GOD. This isn't the non-canonical one where Vader has an apprentice and wants to take over the Empire, is it??

....b-but KotOR III......WE WANT KOTOR III!!! Or hey even a preuel with Kriea in the Mandalorian Wars.....that'd be fun........KOTOR III! KOTOR III!

KotORsig.jpg