20 Hottest Gadgets From the Consumer Electronics Show

metadigital

Bok, some toys!

4FC8D268-E7F2-99DF-3F0F121691683831_16.jpg

369-pound, 22-inch Woofer

"For all you Escalade owners, Navigator drivers, and Hummer crews. For the players who know the game and the VIPs who know where the party's at. Your woofer has arrived." (Because sometimes the best copy of all comes straight from the manufacturer.)

$7,500

clickie

Ambient Electronics

This magical device will keep you dry in even the most frightful of downpours! Along with other recent advances, such as the automotocar and vulcanized rubber, it almost guarantees victory in the war against the Kaiser. Also, the handle contains an advanced chip technology that pings accuweather.com and blinks if it's going to rain.

price N/A

4FC8D268-E7F2-99DF-3F0F121691683831_1.jpg

Ginormous TV

Like a snapshot of the Grand Canyon, no photograph can ever really do justice to the scale of this television, which is bigger than a twin bed. That woman's grinning mug? Like a four- foot- tall floating death's head

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Does anyone else think that the line-breaks in the 3-monitor setup would really annoy them?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Does anyone else think that the line-breaks in the 3-monitor setup would really annoy them?

I think it would probably bother me at first, however I think I'd get used it over time. It's not like you've got the 2 inch borders on my LCDs like I have on my CRT. :sorcerer:

I think it would probably bother me at first, however I think I'd get used it over time. It's not like you've got the 2 inch borders on my LCDs like I have on my CRT. :lol:

I suppose I'd get used to it, but I think it would still bother me.

There's a store here that has a huge multi-display in their TV department - maybe 20 or 50 screens or something to make one giant screen. It has no individual borders around each screen, but the breaks are still highly visible and disruptive to visual flow, imo.

The 100"+ TV set I wouldn't mind having, tho...except I doubt our living room would be big enough to sit a proper distance away from it. hehe

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts