Good to be back

DarkAngle

I don't believe so. We are a community. A certain amount of shaking hands, greeting and goodbying is understandable. It's not like we're buried under such notices.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't believe so. We are a community. A certain amount of shaking hands, greeting and goodbying is understandable. It's not like we're buried under such notices.

is nice that you believe so, but we has had such threads censured in past, and reasoning behind such censure is that such threads is spam... a shout out into the void w/o purpose save for hopes that somebody shouts back. sad.

you wanna build community? is many constructive opportunities t do so. this is simply mod appoved spam. congrats.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"I am subjecting you all to the drama of my pitiful life by announcing a change in my previously annoying board persona and I promise to be pleasant but in fact I will just revert to my old self pretty quick thus making this topic rather disingenuous and in fact just a a plea for attention\" topics just reek of self aggrandizement.

Hey, I remember that topic.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

is nice that you believe so, but we has had such threads censured in past, and reasoning behind such censure is that such threads is spam... a shout out into the void w/o purpose save for hopes that somebody shouts back. sad.

you wanna build community? is many constructive opportunities t do so. this is simply mod appoved spam. congrats.

HA! Good Fun!

We can build a community by kicking you to the curb. :ermm:

Me, myself and I thinks that Grommy got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

HA! Good Fun!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

HA! Good Fun!

We can build a community by kicking you to the curb. :)

Me, myself and I thinks that Grommy got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

HA! Good Fun!

'course, none o' your insights change fact that this kinda nonsense is spam. Gromnir not see a need for such crap. the Obsidians has said that this board is no place for such crap.

tell us how the "i'm back" drivel is different than prohibited intro and birthday threads... 'cause 'less you come up with something rational and reasonable, wals should be locking/deleting... and he/she surely should not be suggesting that this kinda tripe builds community if it is his/her job to kill it.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

While I would encourage all community building, I don't see this latest turn as part of such.

Actually, I think it's enough to just post after a hiatus for those who notice to make a comment ... it would only be necessary to use "Way Off-Topic" if the number of well-wishers (and how many can there be, without the intention being watered down into meaninglessness) created a problem for the original topic. It's more suited to a PM, surely.

I never liked birthday threads, personally, either; I normally don't let people know when the anniversary of my birth is, probably due to one-too-many clumsy attempts by middle-managers to use it as a team building exercise, during my earlier career. (Contractors are exempt from such lameness, as they are regarded as evil aliens who are tolerated only because they can be executed without any preparatory salutation.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT