this will also be mines soon :)

Eddo36

okc3s.jpg

It's called the OKC3S

(OKC stands for Ontario Knife Company and the 3S means 3 serrations)

It's also called the USMC Multi-Purpose Bayonet. Replaced the M7 bayonet in 2002. It can double as a fighting knife. The length of the blade is 8". Damn thing costs nearly $150. It's on backorder right now. Not that I plan on using it, but as a collection (not a knife collection, but a collection of things I like). Plan on taking basic blade lessons so I can at least use it for self defense in places where my handgun would be illegal to carry (as in California, lots of places) without cutting myself up. However, I plan never to use it in real life other than extreme utility purposes, self-defense training, or as a survival knife if I ever get lost hiking.

Edited by Eddo36

Heh, not to go OT on post 7 but it reminds me of a funny story. I'm an avid SCUBA diver and I'm in this little dive shop in Ft Lauderdale getting an air fill. Ahead of me in line is this real loudmouthed jerk buying snorkeling gear with his teenage son (I guess it was his son). Anyway, he buys a dive knife tht was nearly the size of a jungle machete. Now any diver will tell you your knife is good for little else than cutting fishing line if you get entangled. Usually they are pretty short and blunt tipped. The dive shop guy makes a comment about that and the jerk responds "I need this if I have to fight off a shark!" I started laughing out loud at that, so does the dive shop guy. First of all, sharks NEVER attack divers (at least the ones around Florida don't, if you're in North California or Austrailia, different story). So the jerk shoots me a dirty look for laughing at him and I told him "if it comes down to a knife between you and any shark you are already screwed". So he asks us both "What would you do if a shark attacks you"? The shop guys say "I'd get away." So the jerk said "You can't out swim a shark." The dive shop guy answered back "I wouldn't have to, if some guy stops long enough to pull his knife, I just have to out swim him!"

Anyway, guess you had to be there. Nice knife Eddo. Nothing says Marine Corps like K-Bar.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

CrocDundee.jpg

"Stop ripping me off."

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

FFS, is "mines" some kind of joke?

I've noticed quite a few asian americans will use "mines" instead of mine

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I had a big bowie knife like that years ago. Fierce damn thing. Never ever got used. Bought a folding knife. Used a lot more. My opinion is that if you buy one you're just learning an expensive lesson.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So you advocate the purchase to go ahead, then. :(

Sure, why not? It's not like you could give the money to Oxfam and buy a whole village goats. Which really would be neat.

http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com/ProductItem....roductID=OU2612

(not the goats, but near enough)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.