United States healthcare at its finest

Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If I was going to dump the weak and homeless I'd use a trebuchet.

Seriously though, I don't see that this represents the way all US hospitals work. Possibly the ones in Thailand...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This too funny

"hospital van dropped off a paraplegic man on Skid Row, allegedly leaving him crawling in the street with nothing more than a soiled gown and a broken colostomy bag, police said."

It can't be real, its too good. Sebastain Bach should write a song

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

If I was going to dump the weak and homeless I'd use a trebuchet.

Seriously though, I don't see that this represents the way all US hospitals work. Possibly the ones in Thailand...

If they can get away with it I have no doubt this would be the norm. In our current system only the rich and those who can afford insurance get adequate healthcare. Every hospital, except the one ran by the military when I was in the Navy, was more concerned about how you were going to pay than what was wrong with you.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Still painful. I use over the counter pain meds when it gets too bad.

Edited by Sand

What do you expect all the mexicans are costing the healthcare system a fortune. Taking away healthcare from damned real americans.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Not if we have our senior citizens patrol the border. They're a vast national resource that we haven't put to use yet.

I can just see the guy from SS holding the check up above his head and saying " you want the check? you want the check? well go patrol the border for a year THEN come get your check."

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Not if we have our senior citizens patrol the border. They're a vast national resource that we haven't put to use yet.

Okay, hey, thanks. Now I've got Aerosmith's song stuck in my head...

'Grandma's got a gun..." :'(

What do you expect all the mexicans are costing the healthcare system a fortune. Taking away healthcare from damned real americans.

What the hell do illegal immigrants have to do with a partially paralysed homeless man being ditched on the street? This is a serious matter and you have the gaul to make a joke about it? Put yourself in his place, think how it would be like being treated like that. :thumbsup:

Hell, we wouldn't even have to raise taxes all that much if we put all the money we waste into other countries into healthcare. Of course, that would make too much sense for a government to take care of its own people first.

Why don't you run for president?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It's not like dumping sick indiginent folks on the curb is public policy, for crying out loud. It's against the law. The jokers who did it, and any higher-ups who condoned it, will face legal charges.

Is it a bad thing when people break the law? Yes, for the most part it is. But people break the law every damned day. It sucks, of course, but I fail to see why this incident of law-breaking should cause more outrage than any other incident of law-breaking, and why it should be represented as public policy when clearly it is no such thing.

Why don't you run for president?

The reality is that you can only be a Democrat or a Republican to be president nowadays. It would be a pointless endaever and a waste of time.

Edited by Sand

It's not like dumping sick indiginent folks on the curb is public policy, for crying out loud. It's against the law. The jokers who did it, and any higher-ups who condoned it, will face legal charges.

Is it a bad thing when people break the law? Yes, for the most part it is. But people break the law every damned day. It sucks, of course, but I fail to see why this incident of law-breaking should cause more outrage than any other incident of law-breaking, and why it should be represented as public policy when clearly it is no such thing.

That is a nice way of thinking about things, but I doubt it. Hospitals and doctors think about one thing, and its not patient care. Its money.

That is my experience with hospitals, Volourn. What do you know about American healthcare anyway, Canadian?