Baldur's Gate - whole series for ten quid

Walsingham

I liked the Severed Hand better :dancing:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

IWD? Lower Dorns Deep was excellent. I like old dwarf cities and places. Severed Hand came in second for IWD.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think that the way you had to get inside Durlag's story really forced you to appreciate it.

*laughs*

I was annoyed I couldn't recruit Yak man.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks for suggestions, folks, I might look into BG1+mods. :)

*Googly-eyed stare*

ONE OF US!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you want to play stock BG1 with non-tutu mods, I recommend Echon's Fields of the Dead mod for vanilla BG1. It brings the game closer to pnp rules, improves monster AI, adds a new area north of the farms outside Baldur's Gate, adds new spells, and a host of other things. He's considering making his mod tutu-compatible, but that likely won't happen for awhile.

Tutu's a good mod, and it'll be even better once the BG1 fixpack is mature. The idea is to install the fixpack on vanilla BG1, to fix the hundreds of mostly minor bugs in the game's data, then run the tutu converter. The result will be an overall better experience while running BG1Tutu.

If you want to play stock BG1 with non-tutu mods, I recommend Echon's Fields of the Dead mod for vanilla BG1. It brings the game closer to pnp rules, improves monster AI, adds a new area north of the farms outside Baldur's Gate, adds new spells, and a host of other things. He's considering making his mod tutu-compatible, but that likely won't happen for awhile.

Tutu's a good mod, and it'll be even better once the BG1 fixpack is mature. The idea is to install the fixpack on vanilla BG1, to fix the hundreds of mostly minor bugs in the game's data, then run the tutu converter. The result will be an overall better experience while running BG1Tutu.

The problem with FotD is it isn't mod friendly with other mods, from what I read at various message boards.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'll have you know that you swines have nearly convinced me to play it again Which would be disastrous for my scheduling.

-Elwood Blues

I'll have you know that you swines have nearly convinced me to play it again Which would be disastrous for my scheduling.

I have just arrived in the city of Baldur's Gate again and it feels great to be back. Despite the horrible journal, the non-existent questlog and the thin storyline I'm having an absolute blast. I love all of the IE games and probably couldn't exist without them ... :)

Oh, BTW - I found a better offer:

Baldur's Gate Compilation ₤ 9.99 DELIVERED

Icewind Dale Compilation ₤ 9.99 DELIVERED

Sorry, couldn't resist ... :thumbsup:

Edited by Sermon

Actually it's saying "What's in ham?"

-Elwood Blues

Actually it's saying "What's in ham?"

That's not your name?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

BG1 is much improved with BGTutu, as others have said, but it's not just the engine - the BG1NPC pack adds a lot of banters and romances of the kind that many enjoyed in BG2. I can't imagine playing BG1 without it, now - it would be too quiet. It's especially rewarding if you keep Imoen around, as she has a lot to say. I also recommend the Finch mod, also for Tutu. Librarians are cool! :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Finches?

-Elwood Blues

Being someone who played the series backwards from BG2 to the original, I never actually played vanilla BG1 for more than 10 minutes. I too, have enjoyed the benefits of tutu and the banter pack.

In fact I remember talking about the quality of said banter pack a few months back when I was playing the game... I had said I couldn't even tell which banters were Bio-made and which were added with the mod, intending to commend the quality of the modders' work. Someone, Deraldin maybe, pointed out that if there was a banter at all, it was probably from the mod.

Never did play Finch though... next time, next time.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Does BGtutu enable the ability to play the Wild Mage in Baldur's Gate?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I believe so. It allowed me to play as a monk.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"