Baldur's Gate - whole series for ten quid

Walsingham

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/re...5/?docId=580338

I wouldn't normally pimp out amazon, but I know several people have been thinking about buying the Baldur's Gate series. And the rest of you SHOULD have been. You can grab it, and other classics for ten pounds at the link above.

Bear in mind this does not represent an endorsement of the company or product as sold, and you may find it cheaper elsewhere etc etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Odd... it is here for sale for 15 euro's for I don't know who long (myself got it about half a year ago) without shipping costs in almost every store...

Better than 10 pounds and shipping...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Indeed, I bought that BG collection with 14,90 euros few months ago.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's well worth the price, considering it's hard to find in the local stores. I bought the Bladur's Gate Collection, which was BG, TotSC and the soundtrack about three years ago and have not seen it in the store since.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Dang, it's quid. I don't think I have any lying around.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Quid? Isn't that some sort of sea creature? :teehee:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I wouldn't normally pimp out amazon, but I know several people have been thinking about buying the Baldur's Gate series. And the rest of you SHOULD have been. You can grab it, and other classics for ten pounds at the link above.

Bear in mind this does not represent an endorsement of the company or product as sold, and you may find it cheaper elsewhere etc etc.

Everyone should have BG. It's the best thing to happen to Bioware/Interplay/BIS. Its the best thing to happen to CRPGs. One of the best damned games ever!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Everyone should have BG. It's the best thing to happen to Bioware/Interplay/BIS. Its the best thing to happen to CRPGs. One of the best damned games ever!

Coincidentally, I just got it installed yesterday since I found it while cleaning my basement, and even more coincidentally, the nostalgia fever catched me.... Luckily enough, my good taste and sense for quality cured the fever quickly, so I uninstalled after some minutes. This game is sooooooo old and sooooooooooooo friggin' boring that I really can't understand people still recommending it to fresh meat.

I got one of those about six months ago...

First and foremost because I didn't have BG1+ToTSC and secondly because the main games were on DVD (and thirdly to get an extra backup set of my BG2. so I could now throw out my homemade backups).

The Icewind Dale box I bought the same place was still nicer though (even though I had both IWD and IWD2 already), with all it's extra soundtrack, strategy guide pdf file on disc etc.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would be interesting in buying it, if only to have all the games on one tidy DVD instead of spread out across around 15 or so CDs. Too bad its only available in overseas. I don't really want to pay international shipping costs.

That was the reason I went out and bought C&C The First Decade. It's just so much easier to have everything on that one disc instead of having to go hunting through your collection for that one disc you are missing. :thumbsup:

I would be interesting in buying it, if only to have all the games on one tidy DVD instead of spread out across around 15 or so CDs. Too bad its only available in overseas. I don't really want to pay international shipping costs.

That was the reason I went out and bought C&C The First Decade. It's just so much easier to have everything on that one disc instead of having to go hunting through your collection for that one disc you are missing. :thumbsup:

It's a good idea, but as I remember the C&C set suffered a bit due to the older games making a rocky transition to XP. I'm assuming that wouldn't be the case with BG.

Deja Vu;

For the CD's: Remember that the BG package contains all on 4 discs... not 1. BG DVD, BG X-pack CD, BG2 DVD, BG2 X-pack CD.

Also to run BG1 and the x-pack on your PC you have to go to the BioWare site and DL the patches; since for all 4 versions no patches are included on the CD/DVD (hell; they could atleast do that? Or installed the patched version *sigh*)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Morgoth, BG is old, no doubt. But it's like reading Dickens...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

BG1 sucks

Sucks may be a tad strong, but it IS pretty freaking boring.

I threw out all my IE games a while back, time moves on and all that. Except for my PS:T cd's which make outstanding coasters.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I purchased and played BG1 late last year for the first time, and I enjoyed it more than I enjoy most current games. Roaming the pleasant countrysides and stopping in the occasional town was fun, but I really was floored when I got to the city of Baldur's Gate. That game was really huge (especially for its time), and the low levels really heightened the changes as your character gained experience.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs