LOST

kumquatq3

So did anyone else misinterpret the line:

"Moved on with another man" ?

That was a total WTF? moment for me thinking that Ben had just outed Jack... that is until I watched the scene again. :p

Its cool that they have revitalised the flashbacks this season, what with Desmond's thing and have some Island only flashbacks. The idea of a "flashfoward" was really rather cool (even if it has been done in other shows). What if beardy unabomber Jack is in fact flashing back to the Island and the "present" timeline as it were, was him trying to get back?

The Expedition/we must work together music kept making me laugh - it sounded completely out of place for some reason.

Mikhail with the grenade was superb... that crazy russian undead trickster!

The obit says "J - ntham". So it's obvious that Jack attended the funeral of the proto-utilitarian philosopher Jeremy Bentham, in the future.

I read someone put forth the theory that Ben is Jeremy Bentham. It makes a bit of sense. In the, nothing ever makes sense way.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So what's the scoop with Jack talking about his father? Don't tell me the island revived a corpse. That's just a bit too much for me.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's possible his father never died. The coffin was empty when found on the island.

Heck, Desmond has been travelling through time, so literally anything is possible.

Edited by Tale

What, so he was just faking when Jack ID'd him at the morgue?

Sure, why not?

That threw me off too, "Get my father down here and if Im drunker then him you can fire me." WTF! The whole flash forward stunk of a dream sequence.

I thought the epoisode was jusk ok. Charlie dying was stupid, he could have easily run to the other side of the door to close it instead of sealing himself in.

Sayid is awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That threw me off too, "Get my father down here and if Im drunker then him you can fire me." WTF! The whole flash forward stunk of a dream sequence.

I thought the epoisode was jusk ok. Charlie dying was stupid, he could have easily run to the other side of the door to close it instead of sealing himself in.

Charlie was committed to dying. Because he came to believe if he didn't, they wouldn't get rescued.

And of course, it was all for nothing. Because there will be another season.

Heja Sverige!!

I totally called that flashforward after 5 seconds :bat:

first the beard, and what convinced me was the fact they switched the sounds for "going to past" and "going to present"

who do you think is in the coffin? it's either Ben or Locke imo

Edited by Pope

I'd say maybe to Ben being in the coffin, no to it being Locke. Is it just me or did the casket seem kind of short?

Knowing the writers on this show, it'll be a coffin for some new character that they spring on us over the next three seasons.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

So what's the scoop with Jack talking about his father? Don't tell me the island revived a corpse. That's just a bit too much for me.

And yet Mikhail keeps getting up.

Anyway great finale. The flash forward completely took me by surprise.

I think the corpse is Juliet. Why else would Kate say "Why would I go to the funeral?"

Possibly Ben?

:sweat:

Hurley = Data

He always saves the day.

Edited by astr0creep

Anyway great finale. The flash forward completely took me by surprise.

I think the corpse is Juliet. Why else would Kate say "Why would I go to the funeral?"

Possibly Ben?

The newspaper mentioned a man. J Bentham to be precise.

I think the safest bet is Ben. Locke is unlikely to have left the Island, while they might've taken Ben with them (no idea why though).

Perhaps the corpse is Jacob....

Heja Sverige!!

Jack was high on drugs - I think that could explain his outburst..

A fact that made me laugh, about Charlies death, was that the "window" wasn't positioned very high - meaning the room would never fill entirely up with water because of the air pressure. But I would've liked if they'd made it more believable - the grenade could've hurt him bad or something.

Fortune favors the bald.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Accept

Okay. So the last episode of this season were shown today here in Sweden...

...And heck, It gives me the creeps. :thumbsup:

A little bit inside died when I realised that it was the FUTURE Jack had flasbac... flashforwards about.

I mean... next season can't take stage there, in the civilisation and "the real world", can it? :brows:

That's what makes me scared. And to see Jack like that, completly... ruined... I didn't like that.

Edited by Accept