LOST

kumquatq3

I just started seriously watching this show about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it's painfully obvious to me that they're all dead and the Islands are different levels of the after life ie. pergatory, hell, etc... I'm assuming this has been discussed at length but I just thought I throw that out there.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

I just started seriously watching this show about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it's painfully obvious to me that they're all dead and the Islands are different levels of the after life ie. pergatory, hell, etc... I'm assuming this has been discussed at length but I just thought I throw that out there.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Game", with Michael Douglas?

I think Lost is something very similar to that.

If nothing else we learn that Charlie didnt change his fate with his jaunt down the hill in the van.

We also learn who Jack's father's daughter is.

Good episode.

Seems like Locke got his balls back. :aiee:

EDIT: Or maybe he was just protecting his own little secret.

That was really close too. It almost slipped...

Edited by astr0creep

yeah the episode was good. Jacks dad is in everyones business though. It seems like locke is becoming more decietful. Like in the begining he was good natured but now hes just a snake in the grass and I have a feeling he may go to the other side. I'm wondering when Pen's search group will find the island though I mean its been like a ton of eps since then.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

First, Locke doesn't want to leave the island.

Second, he may not have blown the communications post on purpose.

Although the C4 bit is very suspicious. Maybe The Hostiles got a hold of him sometime ago, assuming they are different from The Others.

I thought Claire's idea was brilliant. If I'm ever stranded on an island I'm catching me some birds.

Why did Mikhail thanked Locke?

The hostiles are definitely the others.

He thanked Locke because he wanted to be killed instead of held hostage.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'd say this was a top episode of the season. Some mysteries wrapped up nicely, and some great storyline progress. It's good to see they've kinda reached the point where they aren't just piling on more and more questions.

That was the first theory to be officially debunked by the writers.

So, why did Locke blow up the communications base?

Not only because he doesn't want to leave, but first and foremost because he's protecting the island. Communication with the outside world means there's a possibility of intruders.

I thought it was a decent episode. I have a feeling the next one is going to be killer though. It's a Locke episode, and I think we might just finally get to see how he got paralyzed, and if not that at least we'll find out what he's up to. Plus he's going to meet Ben again, so that'll definitely hold some interesting tidbits.

Can't wait. :blink:

Wow, man, like just wow. Any second thoughts about picking up this season on DVD are now put to rest. I'm storing this episode with 'Company Man' from Heroes as one of my favorite hours of tv this year. Well, until sweeps at least.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"Because you're in the wheelchair and I'm not." - Locke

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ugh, this episode is further proof that LOST is going down the drain (as if we needed it). The show has lost (pun intended) any originality and spark that might have made it good once upon a time. This episode was completely unoriginal and wholly predictable.

If there ever was "Jump The Shark" moment, then Ben's Magic Box is it.

I thought the submarine thing was really dumb. A submarine would be so impractical in their situation. It would be extremely hard to procure one, it'd be insanely expensive and you'd need a professional crew to run and maintain it when a boat could do the same thing. But I also agree the box idea was pretty dumb and just outrageous, even for Lost. To be completely honest I don't like how the series has manifested at all since the begining of season 3. The hatch was cool and mysterious and all but it's like they've completely left the island behind. It holds no more mystery and danger no more whispers and scariness. It's just a complete bastardization of it's former self. I'm tired of seeing the melodrama between Kate, Jack, and Sawyer. Especially after he saw her sleep with Sawyer, when is that going to come up. Probably never because its like worse than a soap opera. Lost has pretty much devolved into a badly planned drama with a few cheap thrills and explosions.

As for the episode it was pretty decent. Locke is no longer my favorite character because he's not the wise, good, and enigmatic person he used to be. He's just a deranged elderly man with some serious emotional issues. Jack's mad piano skills made up for some things but Kate had to ruin everything becuase shes such an annoying whore jeez i wish she'd fall off a cliff already.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.