This will be mines in less than 2 weeks

Eddo36

SI25-13-08L.jpg

Smith & Wesson's M&P the 9mm version

Ain't it a beauty? Only costed $600 with night sights included. For target shooting at range and house defense purposes only. Conceal carry is illegal in LA county.

That's a small gun you got there champ. :sweat:

And not exactly armor piercing.

manthing2.jpg

For self defense, I plan to use CorBon's PowRBall. Expanding full metal jacket (notice the ball on the tip of the bullet? that ball covers a hole in the bullet and actually helps the hole expand) It had the reliable feeding and penetration capability as FMJ plus the expanding capablity of hollowpoints. AND they're legal in places regular hollowpoints are not.

NW74.jpg

Edited by Eddo36

It looks like a very nice gun Eddo...I have the HS2000, produced and developed in my country...in the last FBI hand gun testing it was superior to any American, European or Russian guns in terms of accuracy and reliability so it became the FBI standard issue last year, as well as many counter terrorist units and police in the US and worldwide.

post-11408-1170769906_thumb.jpg

You know dum dum rounds are banned in war? Why not get some nice rhino rounds? :sorcerer:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ain't it a beauty? Only costed $600 with night sights included. For target shooting at range and house defense purposes only. Conceal carry is illegal in LA county.

I really have no expertise in handguns.

Strictly an anti personel weapon as I understand it.

So does your local target range provide for night shooting practice?

If you have occasion to use a sight are you really engaged in self "defense"?

It seems to me your setup might be good assassinating intruders before they know what is happening to them.

Or perhaps for murders.

Not something that appeals to me.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Self-defense using a hand gun isn't firing from the hip. It's not about fast draw. You want to look down the sights while you're telling the perp to back off/not move, whatever is appropriate for the situation. There's no time you don't want to be, or at least try to be, looking down the sights.

Someone breaks into your house, is "self-defense" somehow holding the gun at your hip? Guy with a knife in the alley, is that supposed to be from the hip?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We can all sleep better now knowing you own a gun. >_<

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Best weapon for home defense, I've heard from multiple sources, is a revolver. Reliable, can be left sitting around for years picked up and used quickly.

"Go ahead punk, make my day." :D

I disagree. The best home defense weapon IMHO is a .12 GA pump shotgun. Use #2 buckshot, keep the magazine full and the chamber empty. If needed, the sound of the pump chambering the shell is usually enough to send anyone running. Plus you do not need to be particularly accurate to be effective with it. And, odds are the blast will not penetrate a wall (provided you are not right in front of it). A pistol shot will punch right through a wall or two. Makes you think about which way you are shooting.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

SI25-13-08L.jpg

I know, I've seen L.A. Story.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I really have no expertise in handguns.

Strictly an anti personel weapon as I understand it.

So does your local target range provide for night shooting practice?

If you have occasion to use a sight are you really engaged in self "defense"?

It seems to me your setup might be good assassinating intruders before they know what is happening to them.

Or perhaps for murders.

Not something that appeals to me.

Most violence happens at night, in the dark. Without the nightsights, the handgun would be next to useless in the dark. pwnt

Is such precision truly necessary in firing upon an intruder?

I mean, if it's dark enough that you need glow in the dark sights to truly have an idea of where you're aiming, can you even see the person you're aiming at?

Edited by alanschu

Precision is always necessary. You shoot only to hit the intruder. Do you want the round to fly towards the wrong place and have the chance of going through the wall and hitting some innocent bystander?

Edited by Eddo36

If it's dark enough that you need glow in the dark sights to ensure that you're pointing your pistol at the person, how can you be certain that you're actually pointing it at someone.

I'd be surprised if, given the close range of the encounter and being a man of military training, your accuracy would be so bad that you would be unable to actually hit the intended target.

Furthermore, would your rounds effectively shoot through walls and wound neighbours? Wouldn't they break apart before they could get through the second layer of drywall?

I have to agree. There is no point in firing a gun if you aren't sure you have a decent chance of hitting the target. I rather get a precise shot to the head off than a glancing shot to the shoulder or as Eddo said, miss completely and accidently shoot an innocent outside.

Wel, glass easier to break through than drywall. Shoot, hit a window, it shatters and the bullet keeps going.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Besides, night sights also make target shooting a lot easier in the daylight. And target shooting is fun. I know we got off on the whole gun control thing here but the truth is, the number on use of firearms is the totally harmless sport of Marksmanship, which is both relaxing, and enjoyable.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell