This will be mines in less than 2 weeks

Eddo36

SI25-13-08L.jpg

Smith & Wesson's M&P the 9mm version

Ain't it a beauty? Only costed $600 with night sights included. For target shooting at range and house defense purposes only. Conceal carry is illegal in LA county.

Edited by Eddo36

Gun control increases crime. In 1976, Washington DC set up one of the most restrictive gun-control measures in the country. Now DC's murder rate incrased 134% while the nation's murder rate dropped 2%.

Source: FBI Uniform Crime statistics, 1997.

Maryland claims to have the toughest gun control laws in the country. What they don't openly say is that that state ranks #1 in robberies and #4 in both violent crime murder.

Source: Index of Crime by State. FBI Uniform Crime Reports for 2000

Fact: Guns stop crime

Law-abiding citizens use firearms to stop crimes 2.5 million times every year, or 6,850 times a day.

Source: More Guns Less Crimes, John R. Lott. University of Chicago Press, 199

In 1979 the Carter Justice Dept. found that of more than 32,000 attempted rapes, 32% were actually commited. But when a female or male victim was armed with a gun or knifek, only 3% of the attempted rapes were actually successful.

Source: US Dept Of Justice, Law Enforcement Assistance Administratin, Rape Victimization in 26 American cities, 1979.

In 1985 US Dept of Justice study concluded that-

60% of felons polled agreed that "a criminal is not going to mess around with a victim he knows is armed with a gun."

74% of felons polled agreed that "one reason burglars avoid houses when people are at hojme is that they fear being shot during the crime."

57% of felons polled agreed that "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."

Source: The Armed Criminal in America: A survey of Incarcerated Felons, US Dept of Justice, National Institute of Justice. Reserach Report, July 1985.

Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year. Only 2% of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11%, over five times as high.

Myth: Thirteen children are killed each day by guns.

Fact: statistics actually includes children as old as 19 to 24. Most violent crime is perpetrated by mailes ages 16-24. So the numbers include adult gang members and other criminals who die during the commission of crimes. Then criminals and suicides are removed, the actual number of "chirldren" (under 14) that are killed daily reduces to 1.3

While every death is a tragedy, the benefit of 2.5 million crimes stopped by citizens each year far outweights the drawbacks.

Children and guns-

Pulblic deaths involveing firearms account for 2% of all injuries to children age 0-14 yeras. Falls account for 3%, suffocatin by ingesting an object is 4%, drowning is 17%, and automobiles is 51%. With drownings eight times more likely to kill a child, why don't we see a group called "Women against Water"? Perhaps the greater good of water outweighs the risks?

Concealed-Carry laws reduce crimes- As of 2004, 36 states have right-to-carry laws. In each of those states, the crime rate fell after the right-to-carry law became active. After Florida passed their concealed carry law, the State's homicide rate fell from 36% abovethe natinal average to 4% BELOW the national average, and remains below the national average to this day. The serious crime rate in Texas fell 50% faster than the national average after a concelaed carry law passed in1005. Conversely, crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws.

I can go on by my finger hurts from pulling the trigger so much at the range yesterday.

Edited by Eddo36

looks sick dude. Good choice, very snazzy.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah, I hope you can finally feel adequate.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Pathetic. Grow a **** instead.

Besides, no matter how much localized propaganda you find on the NRA site, the fact remains: the more guns, the more violent crimes. Sweden has very strict weapon laws. Sweden also has one of the world's lowest gun related deaths in the world. On the opposite end: USA. USA has sloppy gun control laws and the USA also has more gun related deaths than some countries that are currently at war. But I bet that's a coincidence.

Guns stop crime almost as effective as the death penalty. In other words: not at all.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Being into warfare strategies/tactics/history of development of all major periods, weapons have always fascinated me on an intellectual level. Occasionally I've even thought of buying some, from historical sword models to bows to handguns. But I'm too lazy to be skilled w/a bow, say, and have no use for weapons beyond mounting them on my wall, thus my interest remains intellectual.

Machine wise, it's a nice piece of hardware, certainly.

Ethics - eh...If there were no guns, there'd be no gun-related crimes/accidents and less actual fatal situations/accidents, sure, but it's not the guns...it's weapons in general, including sticks and rocks, combined with humans violent tendencies. ie, it all depends on the individuals. Unfortunately it's hard to regulate and control via individuals, thus we have laws. which in the US is admittedly rather lacking compared to some other areas.

I have no problem with people wanting to own/target practice a handgun or a big nasty bow. People who have basements full of weaponry or want to possess aresenals of automatic weapons in the name of "home safety" could probably use a little...uh...help, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guns no-longer give me a buzz if they are for hurting people. I respect the engineering and value them as tools, but *shrugs* no buzz.

As for any connection, I'm afraid I'm still with Bill. There's no connection between having a gun and shooting someone with it, and not having a gun, and not shooting someone." If you want to reduce crime, as opposed to just feeling like a big guy then there are plenty of less dramatic measures that can be undertaken. Viz. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6330657.stm

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Weapons themselves have never given me a buzz.

I do, however, find it fascinating how much energy and...um...intelligent thought goes into the creation and escalation of weapons in order to maintain balances of "power" or defend populations, as well as the tactics of how to defend/attack against such flucuations as they occur. That leads to admiration of the technical building of the machines of war, so to speak. Perhaps in an ideal world I'd rather such energy was turned to other things instead, but...humans are interesting creatures and I think study of all it's aspects, behaviour patterns & inventions equally revealing/interesting, whether they're "good" or "bad". :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Sweden

Really? Now...jealous because you can't own one? I feel for you.

I love when you write stuff that clearly shows your ignorance without me helping you.

From your link: "In 2003, there were 189 homicides in Sweden." We had 189 homicides in the entire country during a full year. Of those, I bet most were done by car, using a knife or a husband beating his wife to death. Those are the most common types of crime in Sweden (with lots of alcohol involved).

According to the same link, Swedes have a 0.5% risk of being mugged. The equivalent for the US is 1.3%. Almost three times higher. Remember, this is a contact crime, which is where the use of a weapon is the most common.

The same link also provides us with another valuable statistic: 2 homicides per 100,000 capita in Sweden. 6 homicides per 100,000 capita in the USA.

Sweden had 189 homicides. USA had (roughly) 16500.

Basically, all that link you provided showed was that Sweden has a normal crime rate but a low homicide rate, which indicates that with more guns comes more deadly violence, which is exactly what I said in my first post. You know, the one you failed to comprehend.

Another thing you fail to understand is that anyone (without a criminal record) is free to get a gun in Sweden. They just don't hand them out like candy like in the USA. People here just aren't living under the false impression that more guns = less crime. Or, in your case, I have a gun = I have a ****.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

paraphrasing: "There is no relation between having a gun and shooting someone and you'd be a liar and a communist to suggest otherwise."

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I do, however, find it fascinating how much energy and...um...intelligent thought goes into the creation and escalation of weapons in order to maintain balances of "power" or defend populations, as well as the tactics of how to defend/attack against such flucuations as they occur. That leads to admiration of the technical building of the machines of war, so to speak. Perhaps in an ideal world I'd rather such energy was turned to other things instead, but...humans are interesting creatures and I think study of all it's aspects, behaviour patterns & inventions equally revealing/interesting, whether they're "good" or "bad". :)

I'm kind of the same way. I've always enjoyed research weapons technologies and seeing some of the innovative ideas that come out.

I'm kind of the same way. I've always enjoyed research weapons technologies and seeing some of the innovative ideas that come out.

:) For historical research, and interest in technological advances.

Not like the sad gits who join local militias or ones that patrol national borders, or await The Collapse/Armageddon hiding in their bunker. :crazy:

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

See Alanschu? This is what I mean by knee-jerk liberal reactions around here. To those posters in other contries, like Sweden, strict Gun Control here will lead to a blood bath of defensless citizens. Sweden NEVER had a high rate of firearm ownership so banning them had little real effect other than to prevent that rate from climbing. The genie was let of the bottle here two hundred years ago. Gun control INCREASES violent crime. Counter intuative I know, but very true. Case in point, in 1995, Florida began relaxing it's gun control laws at a local level, in 1997 Tallahasse began to catch on and follw suit. Over the last 10 years it has become easier to buy, own and carry a firearm in Florida and the the firearm related crimes have dropped. Dramaticly! See the attached statistics below. Two years ago the State finally passed the "Stand Your Ground" law (which I advocated in 1996) that does not require a citizen to flee before resorting to deadly force in self defence. I have not seen the stats for 2006 but according to the local news we are near a 40 year low in violent crime statewide. The counties that have the highest rate of LEGAL gun ownership have the lowest firearm crime rate (Sumter, Dixie, Gilchrist, Lake). The counties that have the lowest LEGAL gun ownership rates have the highest violent crime rates (Miami-Dade, Broward, Hillsborough, Orange).

If someone breaks into your home at night, what will you do? If you are unarmed you are at the mercy of someone who already has committed one criminal act by breaking in. The police cannot protect you, all they can do is try to find the man who murdered you, or a family member that night. Small comfort there.

Florida Crime Stats

fa_involved.bmp

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell