Star Wars Mini Series?

Seeing as Star Wars is forever going to be popular why not make a mini series based on the EU?

Just as they did with Blade in "Blade the Series" seeing as the show was a success. Would do you guys think of this idea? Should or could one be made? Would it be a success or failure?

Post...

Use your aggressive feelings...let the hate flow through you.

Why to remake existing story, why not to make new one?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Remaking or making new?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I'd rather see a new story than something based on a series of novels of which I probably already know the story to

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Wasn't there a SW series in the works or on the drawing board or something?...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 ones IMO

At least 2, one clone wars animation and one with real actors. However, IMO there was other animation too

Then is that what you're sort of thinking of, LordKun?

As to will it succeed - I couldn't guess. I suppose the shows willl get high ratings at first out of curiousity, but the rest is up to quality, as always.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I always hoped Troopers would have become a series.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

didn't they already make an animated one on cartoon network?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Then is that what you're sort of thinking of, LordKun?

As to will it succeed - I couldn't guess. I suppose the shows willl get high ratings at first out of curiousity, but the rest is up to quality, as always.

Yeah I would go with a whole new era, that way everything would be fresh and nothing would be redone. Of course you could have characters from EU show up now and again but I would presume it would be mostly from scratch.

Probably the show would get high ratings at first as you say, generally they would have to find good writers and be closly watched by George Lucas himself.

Even if it were only for one or two seasons, all in all it would be great to see it happen.

didn't they already make an animated one on cartoon network?

yeah, and they were pretty short... I saw some of 'em in some... "wink wink" sectors

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I was going to say "as I have already said, it would be alright if a series was done around the Yuuzhan Vong http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong_War which would be interesting."

I was also going to be creative using the links in a whimsical manner, but for some reason they wouldn't work. The "but" was going to be a picture of George Lucas, followed by http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=38600 OPGs user profile was to be followed by a definition of "idiot"

The following link was supposed to be joined with a "....." tag that would have a definition of derivative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Scorpius.jpg :)

Also there is this. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett#M...ABY.E2.80.94.29

<_< I didn't know that.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I heard the series Lucas was making was set between RotS and New Hope, about the Jedi being hunted down even more and the Empire's rise to power. I even heard he was personally directing the first season.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Seeing as Star Wars is forever going to be popular why not make a mini series based on the EU?

Just as they did with Blade in "Blade the Series" seeing as the show was a success. Would do you guys think of this idea? Should or could one be made? Would it be a success or failure?

Post...

Hahahaha success... successful in getting cancelled.

Indeed :)

I'm actually hopeful for the new SW series... It has some potential. And you don't ruin GL, right...right?

I didn't know Blade got cancelled, I thought it was a good series along with a good plot to keep you interested. Too bad, the show had a lot of potential, we'll there's always Family Guy and The Simpson's, not like there's anything better on tv nowdays.

Edited by Lord Kun

I would like to see it (the TV show). Star Trek's days are numbered with Voyager being such ... a ... :sleep: WHAT!? Where was I? Oh yes, it was bad, and Enterprise was good but I think it is cancelled. I kind of hate to see people continue to play around with what George Lucas did and make more about that time period. It is getting, over used and losing what was cool about it, so other times are a good place to keep going.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Guest The Architect

I can’t say I’ll lose any sleep if no other TV series for Star Wars are made apart from this one in the works that’s set between RotS and ANH. It wouldn’t bother me if this what I’d like to call Episode 3.5 TV series doesn’t last for more than one series either.

Still, I’m all for more TV series for Star Wars, however, I’d prefer it if they completely avoided basing a TV series off KotOR and TSL, and any future SW CRPG’s for that matter.

But this all doesn’t really matter for me anyway. Call me a cheap bum if you want, but living in Perth and having no pay TV like Foxtel or whatever, I doubt I’ll ever see this Episode 3.5 and other possible SW TV series, unless they come out on DVD or something, or I and/or my parents get pay TV, or they show it on free to air TV, which I doubt.

Edited by The Architect