Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Went with my girlfriend to see Waitress last weekend. Was a decent film. Sure, it was a bit of a chick flick, and fairly predictable overall, but it had some clever writing, some interesting direction, and strong performances from Keri Russell as the lead and Jeremy Sisto, Cheryl Hines, and even Andy Griffith in supporting roles. For a "date movie," it's far better than most of the alternatives I've seen.

Carnivale Season One - HBO series

What did you think Kelverin? Brilliant? Confusing?

Brilliantly confusing. I watched the series in a couple of days so that helped make it easier to follow. Unique and intriguing story with many twists and turns, excellent acting, top notch direction. Looking forward to season 2, however I have read it is not as good and unfortunately it appears they left a lot of unanswered questions since it was not renewed for another season. I have read they are going to re-air the show on the History channel, if they remove the sex, language, and violence each show should last 10 minuets.

Originally I hadn't watched the first season, and had to listen to two of my coworkers rattle on and on about what a great show it was. I watched the opener for season 2, said WTF? and was hooked.

And yes, Hell Kitty, HBO cited dwindling ratings and large production costs when they cancelled the show.

Personally I thought that season two was pretty damn good. Wait till you see what they do to Jonesy!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Ever since Sci-Fi channel has been running the Enterprise episodes, I've been catching that on Monday nights. It's nice to be able to watch 4 all in a row. At first it seemed kind of so-so, but it steadily improves. Being a Trek geek, tho, I keep noticing all kinds of minor to large possible inconstincies re: Trek history timelines. :teehee:

I hope they gave it a decent series-ender.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just watched Pirates of the carribean 3. Awesome movie. Kinda confusing though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I watched Stranger than Fiction on my ipod while on an airplane flight. I thought it was a wonderfully crafty and brilliant concept and Will Ferrel, as much as he has been over used in comedy, I thought did an insanely excellent job in his role.

Yes, Oliver Stone was inspired to choose Ferrel as the lead of his comedy. :cat:

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3, yesterday. Actually, I thought it was better than the second film; I was laughing out loud at various times, and I thought the film benefited from not having Depp-overexposure (as the second one did): I thought his acting was inspired in this one, especially when he was dead. Still, the incongruous Braveheart speech made Knightley, the entire cast and the whole cinema cringe (what was the point?).

I also thought it had some pretty mature themes, for a Disney film like

the fate of Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann (and her father) ... does the job description mean that Swann gets to live forever, too? Because that's a pretty good fringe benefit for her! She doesn't even have to turn up ...

and the film wasn't toooooooo too long (though I was about to walk out, regardless of whether Sparrow was heading off to find the

Fountain of Youth

in this film or the next).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT