Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

I think an important flaw that everyone seems to be missing in Spidey 3 is how fat Tobey Maguire looked. Kirsten Dunst looked a little chubby too at times. Also James Franco's teeth were really yellow. Above everything else these things totally ruined the film for me.

I saw HellRaiser: Inferno on HBO damand :devil:

that was on one of the encore channels the other night. i fell asleep before it started. any good? the first one or two were good to fair, with a decrease in quality as the sequels progressed.

i watched the hunter again yesterday. not a bad flick. i did not like the way they made LT's character into a "badass wimp." he's sulky, i can understand, because he spent his life training others to kill, even though he ultimately came to the conclusion that it was immoral (i'm assuming that's what they were trying to convey). i.e. he's racked with guilt. OK, i buy that. however, something about the way they portrayed his character made it come across as wimpy in some respect. i can't put my finger on it. either way, i like tommy lee as well as benicio del toro (even though he was a little stiff in this one).

i also watched spiderman 1 and 2 recently. peter parker is a bumbling idiot, and i got the same feel for his character as i did LT above. he's a badass that swings from building to building. his character shouldn't be tripping over himself in the street. at least with superman the ineptitude was an act (though overblown in my opinion). this may not be a fault of the movie in this case, however, as it may be written into the comic books that way as well (i don't follow them). either way, i didn't buy it. it became an annoyance (except when he "lost his powers," and it fit at that point).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

...Johnny Mnemonic...

Love that movie. Of course, Im the onlt one. :)

I love it too and resently bought it on dvd.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think an important flaw that everyone seems to be missing in Spidey 3 is how fat Tobey Maguire looked. Kirsten Dunst looked a little chubby too at times. Also James Franco's teeth were really yellow. Above everything else these things totally ruined the film for me.

I thought he looked really thin. His face was kinda chubby though.

...Johnny Mnemonic...

Love that movie. Of course, Im the onlt one. :shifty:

I can't find it in Widescreen, otherwise I'd buy it too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There were a few scenes where his face scrunched up and water started coming out of his eyes and he made these squeaky noises. He needs to see an ears-and-throat doctor, stat.

I think early intervention is advised: decapitation should be effective at this early stage.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

...Johnny Mnemonic...

Love that movie. Of course, Im the onlt one. :ermm:

I can't find it in Widescreen, otherwise I'd buy it too.

Its been awhile since I've seen it. The lines were very cheesey. "Next time knock baldy!"

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Spider-Man 3 more of the same. Too much crying, but over all much like the other flicks. The action sequences were unbelievable. I hope they continue to make more. For those that praise either or both of the first two films and condemn this one. :down:

At least I didn't hate Kirsten Dunst in this one. And James Franco did a pretty good job too. Tobey just seems to get worse and worse though.

I think they should have saved Venom for another movie. The Pete/Harry conflict couldn't be avoided after the 2nd film, so they should have focused on that while building up the Pete/Eddie conflict for movie 4.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think they were all guilty of 'phoning their performances in. Maquire was by far the worst culprit.

Maybe that's why it's becoming more effective to shoot trilogies all at once, rather than over a period of time. The actors are tired and ready to do other things, but they are contractually obligated. Maguire was good when he was a hungry actor looking for a big break, but now he's lazy.

Is there supposed to be a 4? I thought this was it.

I think they were all guilty of 'phoning their performances in. Maquire was by far the worst culprit.

Maybe that's why it's becoming more effective to shoot trilogies all at once, rather than over a period of time. The actors are tired and ready to do other things, but they are contractually obligated. Maguire was good when he was a hungry actor looking for a big break, but now he's lazy.

Is there supposed to be a 4? I thought this was it.

There's supposed to be 6. This was decided the day after #2 was released.

I thought #2 sucked except for the villain(great work by Alfred Molina).

Oh yeah, movies:

T1 ;):lol::)

T2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T3 :thumbsup:

Matrix1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Matrix2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Matrix3 :thumbsup:

i haven't seen the first 2 spiderman movies, so i can't really compare the 3rd one to them, but after seeing the 3rd one, i really don't even want to see the others

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i haven't seen the first 2 spiderman movies, so i can't really compare the 3rd one to them, but after seeing the 3rd one, i really don't even want to see the others

The Spidey films were ok. I really don't think they deserved how much money they made. Not when Batman Begins, which is a FAR superior superhero film made only 200 million.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, I think Batman Begins suffered from competition with Superman Returns and perhaps the old stigma of the numerous bad versions in the 90's. Still, Spiderman 1 and 2 are solid flicks, and the whole Doc Oc surgery scene in 2 is a must see for any Evil Dead fans.