Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

I bought a big batch of TV movies. Jason and the Argonauts, Hercules, Arabian Nights, Atilla, and Joan of Arc. Only watched the first 3 so far, but they were good. John Leguizamo as a badass genie was awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore. The first is considerably better (funnier), I think (I really miss Norm MacDonald and the fat guy from Bok's former avatar). But, like, both are genuinely funny and much better than what would proceed (except maybe the Waterboy). Is Punch Drunk Love any good?

Last week I saw or re-saw the following movies:

Esquece Tudo O Que Te Disse

An American In Paris

Straight Story

North By Northwest

Play It Again, Sam

The Man Who Would Be King

All The President's Men

Nuovo Cinema Paradiso

Jules et Jim

Persona

They're in order of enjoyment provided.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore. The first is considerably better (funnier), I think (I really miss Norm MacDonald and the fat guy from Bok's former avatar). But, like, both are genuinely funny and much better than what would proceed (except maybe the Waterboy). Is Punch Drunk Love any good?

Punch Drunk Love is pretty damn good. And I hate Sandler.

Heja Sverige!!

I thought The Man Who Would Be King really entertaining. (I even bought the short story afterwards).

Hey! List time:

Radio Days

Billy Madison

Memento

Syriana

The Lost Room

The Parole Officer

Happy Gilmore

The Alibi

Around The World In 80 Days

(Past 7 days, in order of... what was it?... enjoyment.)

Also: Sandler is usually at his funniest when the plot berates and belittles him. See the whole your speech has made the whole room dumber sequence in Billy Madison.

Also: I have about 105 minutes of Wedding Crashers left to watch - wish me luck!

Radio Days

Billy Madison

Memento

Syriana

The Lost Room

The Parole Officer

Happy Gilmore

The Alibi

Around The World In 80 Days

Radio Days is beyond awesome.

Also, is that Around The World In 80 Days the Jackie Chan and Steve Coogan one?

Also: I have about 105 minutes of Wedding Crashers left to watch - wish me luck!

Ouch! ;)

Heja Sverige!!

Also, is that Around The World In 80 Days the Jackie Chan and Steve Coogan one?

Yup, there are about 3 Coogan flicks on that list. Oh, and while I found the film a little meandering, the figure of Sammo Hung made me smirk.

Ouch! ;)

It also says "uncorcked". I reckon that means extra boobage; there were like a dozen boobs in the first 12 minutes. That spells quality. (In nipples.)

(Uh, bad joke).

(Unfortunately, I find Vince Vaughn endearing.)

Edited by Baley

Yup, there are about 4 Coogan flicks on that list. Oh, and while I found the film a little meandering, the figure of Samo Hung made me smirk.

I thought it was good fun seeing as I'm both a Jackie Chan, and a Steve Coogan fan, albeit in completely different ways. Also, I find C

Heja Sverige!!

Yup. It's the teeth, I think. (And, uh, the rest of the body.)

(3 Coogan flicks, goddamnit, 3 Coogan flicks.)

(Oh, and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2006 on Youtube.)

(I should really stop with the parentheses.)

Edited by Baley

I saw Snow Cake last night. Awesome movie. How is it possible that Alan Rickman has yet not received any Oscars? I think he's an unbelievably good actor. He needs so little to express so much. Sigourney Weaver plays her very difficult role well, not perfect but good enough. Carrie Ann Moss is as delicious as ever. Anyhow, I recommend this movie to anyone who likes to be thrown from laughter to tears within seconds.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ouch! :lol:
You know, mate, you could've actually told me how fully it totters into mawkishness. Like, "Ouch" doesn't really cut it - you know? Although, I have to admit, there were some pretty nice breasts.

By the way, Starsky & Hutch - because I, uh, really like Snoop Dogg (I've even watched Bones) - and Slither - which, I gotta say, was a lot better than I expected, the direction was surprisingly competent (no, good), and, like, it was pure merriment.

I saw 300 today. Some interesting battle scenes, graphically speaking. Everything else was kind of lame, particularly the two plotlines about Spartan politics and the oracle.

Heja Sverige!!

They could have gone into detail about Leonidas being guilty of killing (probably; it's difficult to be sure) Cleomenes I (his step-brother AND father-in-law), the Spartan King who -- without meaning to -- ushered in Athenian democracy under Cleisthenes by removing the tyrant Hippias, and then tried to quash it (and was chased out by the rioting citizens as he tried to reinstate another tyrant, Isagoras). (It was at this time, 507BC, that the Athenians gave earth and water to the Persians, as insurance against the Spartans. In perfect irony, Artaphernes (The Persian Great King Darius' brother and the satrap of Sardis) told the Athenians to reinstate Hippias as tyrant. Funnily enough, the Athenians declined. :()

Or that the other King of Sparta (there were two Royal families jointly ruling, a hang-over from the pre-Hellenic Moon mother-goddess culture), Demaratus, ran away in shame (after boasting about winning the chariot race (not done by Spartans, let alone Kings) and after Cleomenes questioned his parentage) to finally join up with Xerxes and be his chief intel officer on the Spartans.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I agree that that all that is interesting, but don't you think it would have been rather irrelevant for a film about the bad-assness of archetype Spartiatai?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I saw Grindhouse last weekend. It was really good -- though I have to say I liked "Planet Terror" much more than "Death Proof." Death Proof was just too slow for me, especially after all the action in PT. I kind of wish they'd shown them backwards.

I've heard they're gonna be splitting them up, though, so maybe people will have the option of seeing them that way.

~ Mike Stout

d3banner.jpg

Monster House. Just awesome. The best animated feature film to come out of the States in a really long time.

Zee was kinda hawt. :blush10:

Heja Sverige!!

I watched couple of old episodes of SNL. The one with Tom Hanks as really sweaty guy doing joga with Ratchel Dratch and the one with Peter Sarsgard as hotel visitor with Ratchel Dratch as hotel TV guide.

They were awesome. :rolleyes:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny - Neat movie if you are a Jack Black fan. Lots of fun cameos. Probably better stoned.

We Were Soldiers - It's basically a tribute to the Air Cavalry by Mel Gibson. Well produced and directed, but not very deep. Barry Pepper takes forever to show up, but he was impressive. Everyone else kinda was one dimensional, but again, it was a tribute.