Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Guest The Architect
But we can all agree that the Seven Samurai is awesome.

No, we can't, because not everyone (including me) has seen Seven Samurai. :p:sweat:

But I

Edited by The Architect

Every woman out there that expects a man to spend 3 months salary on a diamond ring, for any reason, should watch Blood Diamond.

I was especially excited about Archer's explanation of the diamond industry to Maddie. I was aware of this for a while but I never thought anyone would be gutsy enough to put it on film for the masses.

I hope people take notice, remember and do something about it.

:)

Commando! With Freddie Mercury as Bennett! Love the introduction, a moist Schwarzenegger manhandling plastic logs. That film is so homoerotic.

Bennett is the Freddy Murcury, lead singer from Queen?!?! I cant believe Im just learning that. IIRC, Bennett was kinda buff in the movie and I thought Freddy was a frail-ish fellow.

Commando! With Freddie Mercury as Bennett! Love the introduction, a moist Schwarzenegger manhandling plastic logs. That film is so homoerotic.

Bennett is the Freddy Murcury, lead singer from Queen?!?! I cant believe Im just learning that. IIRC, Bennett was kinda buff in the movie and I thought Freddy was a frail-ish fellow.

It was not Freddie Mercury.

Vernon Wells also played bad guys in Mad Max 2, Weird Science and Innerspace.

Edited by astr0creep

Flags of Our Fathers.

I like Clint as a director, but this one falls a little flat - mostly the characterization is a bit lacking, so I'm left with the "don't care much" feeling during supposedly big or touching moments. It's good enough, tho, that I'll be curious when the 2nd film comes out.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It was not Freddie Mercury.

Vernon Wells also played bad guys in Mad Max 2, Weird Science and Innerspace.

mercurybp6.jpg

"I want to break free!"

EDIT: According to his IMDb bio he refers to "Captain Bennett," his Commando (1985) character, as "Freddie Mercury on steroids." :)

Edited by Tel Aviv

I bet by the end of the show he was thinking 'Who wants to live forever?'.

I caught V for Vendatta again the other night. Natalie Portman is hawt with a shaved head.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I bet by the end of the show he was thinking 'Who wants to live forever?'.

I caught V for Vendatta again the other night. Natalie Portman is hawt with a shaved head.

He will, he will, he will rock you because heeeeeee is the champion, my friend.

Oh and Nathalie Portman is hawt with any type of head... :)

Edited by astr0creep

ROCKY BALBOA

I really liked it. Reminiscent of Rocky 1.

Some very cheesy scenes and dialog at some times but overall a great film.

I didn't expect it to get to me the way it did.

The speech he gives to his son Peter( :shifty: ) pulled a tear out of my eye.

And the fight must be one of the best filmed boxing match ever.

Stallone was in great shape, showing some very decent acting chops.

:thumbsup:

Pan's Labyrinth

Pretty damn good. I wonder how they did the scene with the stitches.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Saw Apocalypto. I gotta say I was pretty stunned. Who would of guessed that such a comedic but insane begining would end with so many people dieing. Although the second part of the movie was having synching issues it was a good movie. Pretty good action and such but I was a little disappointed in how the story turned and the ending was a little weak and in my opinion didn't necessarily fit.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

ROCKY BALBOA

I really liked it. Reminiscent of Rocky 1.

Some very cheesy scenes and dialog at some times but overall a great film.

I didn't expect it to get to me the way it did.

The speech he gives to his son Peter( :yucky: ) pulled a tear out of my eye.

And the fight must be one of the best filmed boxing match ever.

Stallone was in great shape, showing some very decent acting chops.

:p

I heard he just got busted for taking steroids. Not really surprised if true though... He was HUGE in that film.

Guest The Architect
I heard he just got busted for taking steroids. Not really surprised if true though... He was HUGE in that film.

It is true. He was caught with the steroids. I think he even admitted that he was taking them after he had been caught. You can

Edited by The Architect

I think I'm going to see some mutant turtles of the teenage variety that may or may not be ninjas, today.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Painted Veil

It's all about the leads, and Watts is much hotter as a brunette than as a blonde. :wub: Are Norton and Watts an item in real life?

Also, hooray for Diana Rigg. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Watched Lucky Number Slevin. I was actually surprised that it was such a good movie. Nice cast, nice plot, even though the twist was a bit predictable, Bruce Willis breaking a dudes neck hardcore was probably one of the most awesome things hes ever done. Also lucy lu is pretty hot and a blonde chick with nice boobs getting sexed up was cool too.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've only watched some older films recently

Monty Python's King Arthur and the Holy Grail :lol:

Children of Dune

Joffe's version of The Scarlet Letter

The only movie in theatures right now that I want to see is 300.

I can't wait for Spiderman 3 to come out.

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

It is true. He was caught with the steroids. I think he even admitted that he was taking them after he had been caught. You can