Ron Gilbert starts a WoW guild

Big Bottom

Pirates Invade World of Warcraft

Monkey Island creator starts own guild.

by Rob Burman, IGN UK

click here!!

UK, January 29, 2007 - Ron Gilbert, the creator of the wonderfully hilarious Monkey Island games, has set up his own monkey-themed guild in World of Warcraft, providing the perfect fix for those depserate to sample the series' quirky brand of humour once again.

Speaking on his blog, Gilbert said: "I'm starting a Horde-aligned guild called Threepwood on the server Quel'dorei, and any WoW players looking for a Monkey Island-themed guild are more then welcome to join me. My one criteria is that you have to be playing as a character named after someone in Monkey Island."

However, hardened WoW players who are also fans of Monkey Island are unlikely to have their questing needs fulfilled by the new guild, as Gilbert explained: "If you're looking for a large, high pressure guild that does regular raids and is run by a draconian guild master that keeps careful track of everyone's kill stats and admonishes members for not pulling their weight, then this probably isn't the guild for you. As everyone knows, Monkey Island players are laid back and just want to have fun, so don't expect much more than a good time (and honestly, I'm not sure I can even promise that)."

Anyone interested in signing up can get in touch with Gilbert via his blog.

http://grumpygamer.com/main

Damn....if I lived in the US I'd be there in a shot. :-

Anything that has a WoW guild devoted to it has jumped the shark. Raiding has jumped the shark, trolling has jumped the shark, cybersex has jumped the shark.

Is this some kind of meta-commentary on WoW? Is it benign trolling? What exactly will they be doing?

This is only slightly more cool than if he decided to make Monkey Island-themed Halo machinima.

Anything that has a WoW guild devoted to it has jumped the shark. Raiding has jumped the shark, trolling has jumped the shark, cybersex has jumped the shark.

Is this some kind of meta-commentary on WoW? Is it benign trolling? What exactly will they be doing?

This is only slightly more cool than if he decided to make Monkey Island-themed Halo machinima.

I'm creating a WoW guild named

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

monkey island??? thats the game that you went dualing by using insults right???? if so it was a dumb game, and a guild off of it will be equally dumb.

yeah i can bet that the fans of the game will poke fun at it amongst other dealings....

i however am not one of them, nor do i like WoW

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

I'd be more interested if it was, say, William Shatner. Now that would be entertaining.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

monkey island??? thats the game that you went dualing by using insults right???? if so it was a dumb game, and a guild off of it will be equally dumb.

yeah i can bet that the fans of the game will poke fun at it amongst other dealings....

i however am not one of them, nor do i like WoW

My. Dear. Lux. Eterna.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd be more interested if it was, say, William Shatner. Now that would be entertaining.

meh.... It'd be funnier if Patrick Stewart was runnign a full powered raiding guild... whenever you start a fight he says over vent "engage" :aiee:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm still partial to "Khaaaan" as a battlecry.

but where would you say that in WoW?

"Ready? KHHHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN! More Dot's More DOt's!"

I actively use SPOON! You can use that in WoW just as well as you can use it in Counter-Strike.

Though, I prefer to use "I LOVE YOUR MOM" for Counter-Strike.

But "make it so" from Picard himself? I'd go back to WoW for that.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's a battlecry - it doesn't have to "fit." I'd use it to replace "charrrrrge." :D

Make it so sounds too....polite.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

what'd be really funny is both in the same guild...

Patrick stewart ad overall raid leader, Shatner as main tank

"Make it so"

mob gets in range

"KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!"

I....I can't belive you're older than 15.

I'm 15 and I take that as insult.

GOOD DAY, SIR!

I....I can't belive you're older than 15.

I'm 15 and I take that as insult.

GOOD DAY, SIR!

I.... I can't believe your 15!

8)

meh.... It'd be funnier if Patrick Stewart was runnign a full powered raiding guild... whenever you start a fight he says over vent "engage" :no:

Patrick Stewart is to busy in da real world.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT