Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Diogo Ribeiro

Not sure if this has been brought up but I've found a trailer for the upcoming Fantastic Four movie sequel. Titled Rise of the Silver Surfer, it's set to be released on June 15, 2007.

Click for trailer selection.

It basically shows the Human Torch and Silver Surfer in some cat and mouse antics. While I didn't found the first movie anything noteworthy, I think I'll be on the lookout for this if only because the Surfer finally gets some righteous on-screen treatment.

The Silver Surfer's package aside, with Marlon Brando dead, who is to play Galactus?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Jessica Alba plays a scientist.

And her entire rendition consists of wearing glasses.

At least it isn't Tara Reid.

And the teaser is awesome. The trailer for the first film made it look terrible. This one looks awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm with Oerwinde on this one. I hated the first movie, but this trailer makes me want to see the new film.

And I'm looking forward to the FF getting their asses handed to them by Galactus ( hello, Andy Richter!!!) and the SS.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

hahaaha, it reminds me of Silver Skeeter.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

And her entire rendition consists of wearing glasses.

Thats enuff for me to see the movie :thumbsup:

(is she black haired again in it or still not?)

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

:thumbsup:

They're making a sequel to that? It was awful! Did it make lots of money, then?

Domestic: $154,696,080 46.9%

+ Foreign: $175,424,795 53.1%

= Worldwide: $330,120,875

Production Budget: $100 million

Terrible movie, it did make money however. I thought The Thing and Human Torch were alright but the rest were miscast and the story, if you call it that was horrendous.

:wacko:

They're making a sequel to that? It was awful! Did it make lots of money, then?

Domestic: $154,696,080 46.9%

+ Foreign: $175,424,795 53.1%

= Worldwide: $330,120,875

Production Budget: $100 million

Terrible movie, it did make money however. I thought The Thing and Human Torch were alright but the rest were miscast and the story, if you call it that was horrendous.

Doom wasn't miscast. He was awesome.

I personally thought the film looked worse than it was. So when I saw it I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it quite a bit. Torch while not having the look, had the character down so well you could overlook it.

Alba was definitely miscast though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Doom wasn't miscast. He was awesome.
I have not read the Fantastic Four comic in years, but he sure does not resemble the Doom I remember.

The fact that he went up with the FF and had his armor form from his skin is terrible, there is not a single reason they had to change his origin. :shifty:

We weren't talking about the changes to the character, most of which I believe were based off the Ultimate Fantastic Four Doom, we were talking about him being miscast. Julian McMahon was one of the highlights of the film and made an awesome Doom.

Apparently in the sequel its a year or two later and Doom has recovered from being all fused together in the first film and has risen up and become the ruler of Latveria. He see's Silver Surfer's awesome powers and feels the only person who should have that kind of power is him.

Sounds like they're getting back to the root of the character.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Julian McMahon was one of the highlights of the film and made an awesome Doom.

I completely agree. :D He's the only reason I decided to watch the movie. I barely remember the comics I read as a kid, but in terms of appearance only, I thought he didn't look that different as Doom-costume. Updated & shiney I'm sure, but not that bad - not like what they did with the Penguin in the Batman series, for example. Hah.

The rest of the film was passable time-wasting if you're half-asleep.

I saw the trailer a bit ago...just like the first movie, the some effects are kinda pretty, but I doubt I'll see it until it's a rental.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We weren't talking about the changes to the character, most of which I believe were based off the Ultimate Fantastic Four Doom, we were talking about him being miscast. Julian McMahon was one of the highlights of the film and made an awesome Doom.
Lets try this again. I have not read the Fantastic Four comic in years, but he sure does not resemble the Doom I remember. At least the way he was depicted from FF #1 - 300.

I am not questioning the actors ability, he just is not Victor Von Doom.