KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

In kotor 3 I would like to have an option to say NO! When someone wants to join me! I hate all those stupid companions that I never use! I want to complete all the game alone or with 1 or 2 companions that are realy useful!

Well, thats part of a good KotOR. Creating party members, that ARE useful. KotOR II was already a nice step to that, every member got something special and was useful in special situations. With only two party members, it would become very boring, I think. But you arent that wrong, maybe you should choose who to be in your party, like in KotOR II with Hanharr and Mira. Just now, you can choose, even if youre lightside, you take Hanharr and not Mira. Would be nice.

@Accept: Yeah, why not? Bantha Riding Conquest, would be a nice Minigame, wouldnt it?

Yeah, medieval-dueling style but with Banthas.

:lol:

Uh...wow...Accept, that's a bit...odd there isn't it? And must you change your sig and av like underwear?

Anyways, I kind of agree on the fact that maybe you could be able to allow people into your group, by all means, but it isn't necessarily a major thing for me. If they add that or not, I wouldn't care. It's not a big deal.

I think that taking 2 party members isnt enough when you traverse planets. To understand characters fully you need to go through the game multiple times and try out different party combinations, having only two is very restrictive as more then two may fit the job you need to be fulfilled, whatever it may be. Although more then two would make it far too easy to defeat enemies.

Ideas;

1; Better balance between ranged and melee weapons. Ranged weapons need to either do more damage, be more accurate or have a faster rate of fire.

2; More intelligent AI for both party members and opponents. Special attacks and unique skills should be used by party members without you having to select them, party members should also have the brains to switch weapons when needed. I'm also sick of party members deciding that the best way to handle an enemy is to run directly into a mine-field.

Enemies also need to have better tactics. Currently they either stand there and shoot at you, or run at you and start hacking. Opponents should, when they outnumber you, try and surround you or they should panic and run off if you kill all their friends in the first round of combat.

3; The direction of an attack should influence how likely it will be for you to block, dodge or deflect attacks. No Jedi/Sith is going to be able to deflect a stream of blaster bolts that are fired at their back by a small army.

4; Better use of Skills. As the game stands at the moment their are only three boxes/doors that a security skill of 4 can't open. While Skills are useful for creating upgrades they are almost useless in the rest of the game. More attention needs to be paid to having problems solved by Skills, which will also influence which party members you include if some of them have good skills that would help.

5; Drops and loot. Needs to be both more random and more logical. While finding 20 blaster pistols is fine, suddenly finding 10 disrupter pistols the next time you play is pushing it. The drops should also take into account where you happen to be. More than once I've found Jedi master robes on Koriban....which seems a little odd to me-Sith Lord robes would have been more logical.

6; If you can pick who to include in your party, and there are more potential members than you can take, you should have the option to kill/sacrifice some of those members before you get anywhere near the end of the game.

7; NPC's should react to how you look and anything you happen to be carrying. If you are going DS evil they should comment on your evil looks. If they don't like Jedi they should react badly if you try and question them while holding a lightsabre (And they should remember that you were carrying one if you talk to them again). They should also be wary or influenced if you happen to be holding something like a military blaster rifle.

8; There should be more quests that require you to travel around, ie-to other planets-to finish, that are not part of the main plot. This was tried in K2, but never really worked-mainly due to glitches that prevented you from finishing them. For example you might have the option to do some bounty hunting which would require you to find the person on another world.

9; If there are groups out to kill you then changing the Hawks ID transponder should reduce the likely hood that they will find you. At least until you do something else that gets the groups attention again.

10; The things you do on one planet should influence both what you need to do, and how hard it is to finish the next quest. For example if you save a planet then maybe you can find more people who will be willing to help you out on the next world. In other words you should be able to get a reputation based on your actions, even on worlds you have yet to visit.

11; Trading, there should be some sort of trade-or at least a variation in prices-on different worlds. If a world you travel to is highly industrialised then heavy armours and some weapons might be cheaper.

12; Background/history. The Main Character should have been doing something before they became a Jedi, or after they left the Jedi (depending on the fully back story) in order to pay for food etc. It was never explained in K2 how the Exile managed to afford to travel around without money or a ship before the Harbringer. It would be nice if you had the option to decide how they made a living before the game starts, and that choice can affect what skills/feats you start with. (For example if you decided the main Character had been working as a tech you might be able to get gear-head and a point or two in repair and computer skills at the start of the game).

Guest Accept
@Accept: Yeah, why not? Bantha Riding Conquest, would be a nice Minigame, wouldnt it?

Um, yeah, sure, i bet it... ...wouldnt. :(

Uh...wow...Accept, that's a bit...odd there isn't it? And must you change your sig and av like underwear?

Yeah, you truly do read my mind, Omelette, because that was exactly what i too was thinking. :):)

And isn't it a good thing that i'm changing my underwear often, then? :brows:

Edited by Accept

I think that having the 9 members to your party is just fine. If you are playing the game to its maximum extent, then you will discover the many storylines that come along with it. I think the reasoning for such in depth characterization for these members is to maximize the replay value of a single-player game. Think of Halo without multiplayer. How many people would play it again? In KotOR, you can beat the game 5 times and still find something new (unless you use a guide of course), which is what, I'm guessing, the goal of BioWare and Obsidian was. I just recently discovered the Griff storyline with Mission (shows how much I ever used her), after playing through the game for the 7th... or something time. I would agree that you should be able to choose your members, but I also think there should be a little more depth in personalizing them, as if to create true friends that accentuate what your character's strengths and weaknesses are, not just decided by the creators. I would love to traverse through Dagobah, and maybe even Iridoria? wherever the Iridorians are from. I want ideas from KotOR I and II, but I want originality, things that I didn't see in the originals. I mean, to me, that's what makes this game special. It could've been set during the time periods of any of the 6 movies, and I wouldn't have had the same draw, but it's the history, the mysterious aspects that continue to amaze me. Perhaps during the game, when your NEW created character meets with Revan and Exile, those two have flashbacks from the Mandalorian War, on these Outer Rim planets, and even into the darkness of known Galactic Space. Maybe we could even delve into the depth of the darkness that has consumed the past years, almost attempting to find some artifact, planet, etc. that was the creation of evil (attempting to destroy it, or wield it, obviously whatever path you choose). Almost like the search for the Star Forge, but on a much more grand scale, leading you to some power of the "True" Sith, and whether you meet them or not, is completely up to the devs, perhaps a large battle with them is in order?

Ideas;

1; Better balance between ranged and melee weapons. Ranged weapons need to either do more damage, be more accurate or have a faster rate of fire.

2; More intelligent AI for both party members and opponents. Special attacks and unique skills should be used by party members without you having to select them, party members should also have the brains to switch weapons when needed. I'm also sick of party members deciding that the best way to handle an enemy is to run directly into a mine-field.

Enemies also need to have better tactics. Currently they either stand there and shoot at you, or run at you and start hacking. Opponents should, when they outnumber you, try and surround you or they should panic and run off if you kill all their friends in the first round of combat.

3; The direction of an attack should influence how likely it will be for you to block, dodge or deflect attacks. No Jedi/Sith is going to be able to deflect a stream of blaster bolts that are fired at their back by a small army.

4; Better use of Skills. As the game stands at the moment their are only three boxes/doors that a security skill of 4 can't open. While Skills are useful for creating upgrades they are almost useless in the rest of the game. More attention needs to be paid to having problems solved by Skills, which will also influence which party members you include if some of them have good skills that would help.

Just need to be careful not to overpower the guns - I'd get annoyed if my Jedi (or Wookie...) constantly got shot to pieces while trying to run up to them with a saber (or sword...).

I've noticed that they do tend to use moves like flurry/power/critical attack somewhat often once you get it to a higher level. But yes, maybe more versatile AI scripts to apply to NPC's (i.e. "Throw a grenade then charge in with melee weapon").

Definitely agree with minefield problem - that gets SOOO annoying.

Could be very interesting to do - flanking tactics and stuff. Something other than run-of-the-mill 'hack hack' battles would be great.

Good point - a little more realism would be nice in this respect.

I liked what K2 did in this regard with the whole "Broken Item" thing with chests/crates - but yes - more focus on this would be great. It gets to the point where anything that could require a skill has a 'brute force' option which completely bypasses it...

5; Drops and loot. Needs to be both more random and more logical. While finding 20 blaster pistols is fine, suddenly finding 10 disrupter pistols the next time you play is pushing it. The drops should also take into account where you happen to be. More than once I've found Jedi master robes on Koriban....which seems a little odd to me-Sith Lord robes would have been more logical.

Yeah - finding suits of armour from the cannoks was a bit of a stretch. This is like the Diablo II dropping syndrome - midget demon dudes dropping huge halberds and stuff...

Drops should be more like the proper D&D drop list - creatures/monsters/opponents have set things that they drop to various degrees (like a guy that runs around with a sword, will drop a sword), and sometimes have 'special' drops (this guy happened to have found a saber crystal in his journey). You'll wind up with lots of mundane stuff that soldiers carry - but that what selling/breaking down is for :)

6; If you can pick who to include in your party, and there are more potential members than you can take, you should have the option to kill/sacrifice some of those members before you get anywhere near the end of the game.

wow - kinda dark...

I don't know about this one - one of the things that annoyed me no end of Baldur's Gate was being restricted to only being able to have up to 6 party members. If you decided you didn't want someone and dropped them, and then 6 levels later realise that you want them again - they're 6 levels weaker and makes it that much harder...

I love KOTOR's function that everyone's working/hanging around on your ship and you can use who you need each time.

7; NPC's should react to how you look and anything you happen to be carrying. If you are going DS evil they should comment on your evil looks. If they don't like Jedi they should react badly if you try and question them while holding a lightsabre (And they should remember that you were carrying one if you talk to them again). They should also be wary or influenced if you happen to be holding something like a military blaster rifle.

Great idea. Could be interesting - and cause people to forever regret carrying that saber around at the wrong time, plus it could be really harsh to DS players - but would likely increase replayability that much more...this has definite merit.

8; There should be more quests that require you to travel around, ie-to other planets-to finish, that are not part of the main plot. This was tried in K2, but never really worked-mainly due to glitches that prevented you from finishing them. For example you might have the option to do some bounty hunting which would require you to find the person on another world.

One of my favourite quests in K1 was the Genoharadan (sp?) sub-plot. More things like that would be awesome!

9; If there are groups out to kill you then changing the Hawks ID transponder should reduce the likely hood that they will find you. At least until you do something else that gets the groups attention again.

Could be tough to accurately implement...but has potential.

10; The things you do on one planet should influence both what you need to do, and how hard it is to finish the next quest. For example if you save a planet then maybe you can find more people who will be willing to help you out on the next world. In other words you should be able to get a reputation based on your actions, even on worlds you have yet to visit.

I hated the reputation system in BG2, it made it so badly unbalanced against Evil players. I've loved how KOTOR actually promotes DS playing by making some parts easier/better to do if you're evil. Depending on how this is implemented (and balanced) it could work - but I'd be doubtful...

11; Trading, there should be some sort of trade-or at least a variation in prices-on different worlds. If a world you travel to is highly industrialised then heavy armours and some weapons might be cheaper.

Again with more realism - really good.

12; Background/history. The Main Character should have been doing something before they became a Jedi, or after they left the Jedi (depending on the fully back story) in order to pay for food etc. It was never explained in K2 how the Exile managed to afford to travel around without money or a ship before the Harbringer. It would be nice if you had the option to decide how they made a living before the game starts, and that choice can affect what skills/feats you start with. (For example if you decided the main Character had been working as a tech you might be able to get gear-head and a point or two in repair and computer skills at the start of the game).

I read something in NWN2 (which I want to play but don't have a system to run it on :thumbsup:) and noticed it had something about a background feat or something. Various D&D supplement books include background feats - that could be fantastic for further character variety (and thus replayability).

All in all - great points made there Mortis, I can see a great game manifesting from some of those ideas.

Oh - and to Accept - Bantha Riding...hell yes!!! :) Imagine playing 'chicken' against a Dark Jedi on another Bantha! :)

Maybe try it with Tauntaun's on Hoth? :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

I made up a begining say what you think about it:

You see a fleet of unkown ships outside a window. than the camera turns and you see a man/woman (whatever you chose) being torturd.(Revan or the exile i don't know yet).

A hand is raised and the people that torture the man/woman walk away. the man/woman says something you can't hear and then you here a laugh. Again the camera turns and you see a man with dark robes and a hood over his face. He talks about his great plan to conquer the republic and just as the man lifts his hood so that you can see his face. The screen turns black and the next thing you know you see a light. You are a padawan in a hidden enclave (choose any planet you like).

You tell your master about this dream and he decides that you schould talk to the council of this enclave.

Thats what i made up for now.

But i also liked to see in Kotor III:

1. Create and adapt your own character.(tattoos, hair cut, race even colour of eyes)

2. A lightsaber when your really start the game not 3 planets in the game.

3. The entire outer rime in the game than the game is really epic

(Some may have been sayed before but i didn't read all the reply's. And sry if my english is bad) :ermm:

I THINK KOTOR 3 NEEDS MORE BOOBS

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I THINK KOTOR 3 NEEDS MORE BOOBS

I second this. I allways felt a great aanger for the developers cos they discriminate against bigger cup sizes.

1. Create and adapt your own character.(tattoos, hair cut, race even colour of eyes)

I never got what the fixation with such in depth customization is all about... Imho thats completley redundant. It`s not like you get to see a lot of your own face during gameplay... And still its a major focal point for creaming galore whenever one gets to choose his own particular "tone" of skincolourcolour... A mistery to me... (case in point: Oblivion and Ghotic3. Can`t really say I was heartbroken cos I had no customization options heh)

You tell your master about this dream and he decides that you schould talk to the council of this enclave.

i thought it was gud until this point . this was used in k1 when bastila and revan talked to the concil about the dreams they were havin . other than that it was gud but i would change that one part .

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

i thought it was gud until this point . this was used in k1 when bastila and revan talked to the concil about the dreams they were havin . other than that it was gud but i would change that one part .

Yeah - the whole "follow the dream" sequence has been done :sorcerer:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

Not just the telling the master about the dream part, but the fact that the Jedi masters were killed in KotOR II, either by Kreia, or the Exile, whichever path you have chosen. And, I don't know, I think everyone trying to take over the Republic is getting a little bit old. I think Revan took off to prevent these groups from having that opportunity, so he storms in on them. I think this would have to be a nearly completely solo tour. Not necessarily having no party, but having no army, ships, or any form of back-up aside from your party. And apart from Revan and the Exile, I think you should have to go around asking about people's reputations in each planet, finding the individuals you want to join your party. Perhaps you have to complete missions to gain the favor of these individuals, extending upon the influence aspect of KotOR II. I think there should be a choice of like 15 individuals to join your party. You simply have to do the research, do the irritating work of going back and forth, discovering reputations, and the deeper you look, the better your choices get. Then, after you get your party together, you get your equipment together, and journey into the unknown, with no certain destination, as these areas are unknown. You should end up on a starter planet (sort of like the KotOR I start at Taris), via disruptor field, ship attack, maybe even a planet that does not appear on radars, or even in sight, and at a certain range, it appears (such as it is beneath an invisibility cloak, or like in Empire At War, when you are hiding inside of the nebula clouds). At that point, you find some unknown race (maybe the true Sith), and you discover some temples that are of an unknown architecture type (of course you start out with a lightsaber), and you go through, finding many unknown objects that lead in a pattern that your pilot realizes are locations for planets that are not of the Republic's known galaxy, perhaps your pilot is even an ex-Exchange pilot, or Mandalorian, maybe even Echani (perhaps you can choose the Echani if you're light, and the Mandalorian if you are dark), and they have explored this area of space. Well, I'll leave all the unknowns to the devs, as I want all sorts of stuff never seen in any Star Wars game, movie, story, or anything. Give me any thoughts or suggestions, or maybe add-on to the ideas!

Not just the telling the master about the dream part, but the fact that the Jedi masters were killed in KotOR II, either by Kreia, or the Exile, whichever path you have chosen. And, I don't know, I think everyone trying to take over the Republic is getting a little bit old. I think Revan took off to prevent these groups from having that opportunity, so he storms in on them. I think this would have to be a nearly completely solo tour. Not necessarily having no party, but having no army, ships, or any form of back-up aside from your party. And apart from Revan and the Exile, I think you should have to go around asking about people's reputations in each planet, finding the individuals you want to join your party. Perhaps you have to complete missions to gain the favor of these individuals, extending upon the influence aspect of KotOR II. I think there should be a choice of like 15 individuals to join your party. You simply have to do the research, do the irritating work of going back and forth, discovering reputations, and the deeper you look, the better your choices get. Then, after you get your party together, you get your equipment together, and journey into the unknown, with no certain destination, as these areas are unknown. You should end up on a starter planet (sort of like the KotOR I start at Taris), via disruptor field, ship attack, maybe even a planet that does not appear on radars, or even in sight, and at a certain range, it appears (such as it is beneath an invisibility cloak, or like in Empire At War, when you are hiding inside of the nebula clouds). At that point, you find some unknown race (maybe the true Sith), and you discover some temples that are of an unknown architecture type (of course you start out with a lightsaber), and you go through, finding many unknown objects that lead in a pattern that your pilot realizes are locations for planets that are not of the Republic's known galaxy, perhaps your pilot is even an ex-Exchange pilot, or Mandalorian, maybe even Echani (perhaps you can choose the Echani if you're light, and the Mandalorian if you are dark), and they have explored this area of space. Well, I'll leave all the unknowns to the devs, as I want all sorts of stuff never seen in any Star Wars game, movie, story, or anything. Give me any thoughts or suggestions, or maybe add-on to the ideas!

i think its pretty gud but i dont want to play as revan or the exile again . i do want them in the game but not a playable charecters . i think u should ad wolvas to tha beggining of urs . then ad sum of ur ideas to the end of his like to search the planets to earn favor wit possible party members . idk jus an idea :]]

Edited by dustin19

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

i think its pretty gud but i dont want to play as revan or the exile again . i do want them in the game but not a playable charecter .

It's funny how the general consensus is that people don't want to play as revan or the exile (some people even think it would be an idea that would ruin the game...) and yet people constantly jump back onto the forums and say that they want it; only to be shot down by everyone else >_<

I for one think it would be awful to have the game as Revan or the Exile. The ways that the characters were left makes it nigh-on impossible for them to resurface, especially since they are so varied in what they could be (by how we played them). The only games I've seen that managed to play the recurring character were Baldur's Gate (by having BGII start with mid-level characters to follow on) and Jedi Knight (by having Kyle repeatedly give up the force)...I don't see KOTOR3 managing it...

It is possible.

With Revan, Him getting catch and being tortured to lvl 1 again. Then he makes a very funny Joke how he was in the similar situation In kotor 1. So he trains himself to be stronger

With the Exile, tie it to the force bond and he needs allies to be stronger again.

At least that is what I do think about it.

Hey guys, some facts again:

Well, we all hoped, that LucasArts would present KotOR III on Comic Con. Or at last Battlefront III. But no, today we can all be happy, that LucasArts decided not to publish anything for PCs in this decade. The games presented by Steve Sansweet will be Fraction (everybody knows this already, ok) AND Battlefront Renegade Squadron, a game only for PSP. It has some new features but is nothing more than a addon for Battlefront II. So, the next great virtuel Star Wars Adventure will be The Force Unleashed, and it will only come for next gen and we have to wait a very long time to the release.

The hope dies at last, please LucasArts, make KotOR!

Don't know if anyone else has said anything, but, where in bloody hell did you hear this? Could you please provide a link? I mean, it just doesn't make sense that they would announce a non-Star Wars game at Celebration IV, which is an event celebrating Star Wars. Also, I think Mr. Sansweet specifically said that they will be announcing two Star Wars games.

I'm not saying one will be KOTOR 3, hell, it's probably Lego Star Wars or something. But I'd just like to see a link to your info if at all possible.

It is possible.

With Revan, Him getting catch and being tortured to lvl 1 again. Then he makes a very funny Joke how he was in the similar situation In kotor 1. So he trains himself to be stronger

With the Exile, tie it to the force bond and he needs allies to be stronger again.

At least that is what I do think about it.

It would work, but it's a strong stretch IMO

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

What, only Brdavs liked my idea :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Or keep the dream, but have no one you can ask about it. You could have a series of dreams that act as cut scenes through out the game and you have to figure out what the hell they mean all on your own.

For example you could have the first dream that shows you something like an attack where you are at the end. The attack comes true at the end of the training level and its followed by another dream that shows something else that will happen in the future, or rather hints as to things that will happen. (Rather like the way Anakin used to get dreams of events before hand).

It could be interesting, as a DS you might be trying to use the dreams to get further power while as LS you might be trying to make sure the events you see don't happen. Either way it could be a question as to if you are getting the dreams because the events will happen and you can alter them, or if by attempting to change things you make what you see reality. If the dreams are vague (Ie-they only show the first line of a conversation or the start of an event rather than the full thing) then maybe you'll never know.....

Or keep the dream, but have no one you can ask about it. You could have a series of dreams that act as cut scenes through out the game and you have to figure out what the hell they mean all on your own.

For example you could have the first dream that shows you something like an attack where you are at the end. The attack comes true at the end of the training level and its followed by another dream that shows something else that will happen in the future, or rather hints as to things that will happen. (Rather like the way Anakin used to get dreams of events before hand).

It could be interesting, as a DS you might be trying to use the dreams to get further power while as LS you might be trying to make sure the events you see don't happen. Either way it could be a question as to if you are getting the dreams because the events will happen and you can alter them, or if by attempting to change things you make what you see reality. If the dreams are vague (Ie-they only show the first line of a conversation or the start of an event rather than the full thing) then maybe you'll never know.....

premonitions? Kinda nice.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

K3 needs more pazaak

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.