KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

Man - there are some seriously great storyline ideas coming through here - keep them coming people! :lol:

The more ideas coming through, and the more people discuss them - the better IMO.

I love lots of the elements of The Architect's and Zaxx Kredda's stories - I would definitely play both of those games!

I do actually like Arch's idea of the protagonist being a random padawan hiding out on Corellia (although the specific place isn't necessary - maybe on Coruscant in the "undercity" - type area to be thought taken out when the Jedi temple was. The PC could be known by some of the locals (gangs...) as either a thug or a saint (based on conversation/actions) and picks up a couple of NPC team members before leaving.

I don't think the Ebon Hawk should not be used - I think it should at some point - be found floating listlessly in space - completely trashed. Some information can be gleaned from the remnants of its Navicomputer (like Zaxx suggested) - but don't actually use the ship anymore - time for a change methinks.

Keep the suggestions coming!

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Why does the Destiny for the New character have to be that they have to destroy the true sith/major bad guy of the game? Maybe their destiny is simply to find the Exile and Revan and help them destroy the threat. I'm remembering Jolie's story about someone he knew having a destiny, but that involved being thrown into the main reactor of a ship and destroying it even as he died.

*sighs* Well it seems like a good idea, but probably one that would be better as a story than as the plot to K3.

Two good idea's about a story top read. I like it. Let me comment on it.

The thing about "cutting of from the force" has been done before. I do say however that I rather have a good game with a "believable" story which has elements in it that has been done before rather then a game that "tries to evade things that have been done before" with a lot of plotholes, killed of Revan and the Exile to keep it cheap and simple which at the end leaves you with the idea of "what did I exactly do here?"

A question about your idea Zaxx?

Do you wish to have a "space battle" ability in game. If so, to me that is a good idea. However, it does mean a lot more work on the developers front but we have a game that has both ground and space battles from lucasarts (Star wars Galaxies) so who knows.

Master Vandar lives!

And maybe they'll have a giant parade afterwards!

Oh, how I'm getting sick of that ending.

Lolz

What worries me at the moment:

Bio will not develope K3. That's sure.

OE wants to do that (I hope you guys haven't already forgot mah feargie post)

Now... the problem is, that OE is three titles company.

This means: 1 PC Title, 1 multi-platform title and one console title under development (although I guess this "console title" just means it'll be developed for consoles but it'll have PC conversion of it. Moar profit)

Now, PC Title = Neverwinter Nights 2 and if you don't count that then it's its upcoming expansion pack "NWN2: Mask of Betrayer"

Project Connecticut= Aliens RPG for both consoles and PC (although it's treated as "console title" of those three projects IIRC)

Project Georgia = Nothing about it is known except

A) It's new IP

B) It's published by SEGA like Aliens RPG

I guess PG is that "Multi-platform" title. Also, It might use Unreal 3 engine since OE has licensed it for some project. However, it's not for Aliens so there isn't another option...

Also, it looks like Project New Jersey (Original IP console title) was cancelled.

Now, what I'm trying to say, that neither Obsidian Entertainment or Bio has possibilty to work on KotOR 3 currently. Of course you could hire more teams for fourth project, but that's unlikely. Bio isn't interested in.

Now, this leaves two (both as bad options):

Bethesda

Pure sucking. :cat: Besides, I doubt they would be interested in SW as IP since they're making profit easily without it.

Lucasarts itself

Now this is what I fear what will happen. LA will try to make KotOR 3 by themselves!

That's my deepest fear and if they announce K3 soon, that's, like, well, the only option. :teehee:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

LA could always try EA

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

But they won't.

So stop suggesting it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

good english up there :teehee:

Nonetheless, you got the idea. :cat:

Also:

Raymond Holmes

Lead Designer

Obsidian

August 2006 — Present (10 months)

Lead Designer on announced 3rd person Action/RPG for 360, PS3 and PC.

That must be Project Georgia.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Guest Accept
And maybe they'll have a giant parade afterwards!

Oh, how I'm getting sick of that ending.

Lolz

What worries me at the moment:

Bio will not develope K3. That's sure.

OE wants to do that (I hope you guys haven't already forgot mah feargie post)

Now... the problem is, that OE is three titles company.

This means: 1 PC Title, 1 multi-platform title and one console title under development (although I guess this "console title" just means it'll be developed for consoles but it'll have PC conversion of it. Moar profit)

Now, PC Title = Neverwinter Nights 2 and if you don't count that then it's its upcoming expansion pack "NWN2: Mask of Betrayer"

Project Connecticut= Aliens RPG for both consoles and PC (although it's treated as "console title" of those three projects IIRC)

Project Georgia = Nothing about it is known except

A) It's new IP

B) It's published by SEGA like Aliens RPG

I guess PG is that "Multi-platform" title. Also, It might use Unreal 3 engine since OE has licensed it for some project. However, it's not for Aliens so there isn't another option...

Also, it looks like Project New Jersey (Original IP console title) was cancelled.

Now, what I'm trying to say, that neither Obsidian Entertainment or Bio has possibilty to work on KotOR 3 currently. Of course you could hire more teams for fourth project, but that's unlikely. Bio isn't interested in.

Now, this leaves two (both as bad options):

Bethesda

Pure sucking. :down: Besides, I doubt they would be interested in SW as IP since they're making profit easily without it.

Lucasarts itself

Now this is what I fear what will happen. LA will try to make KotOR 3 by themselves!

That's my deepest fear and if they announce K3 soon, that's, like, well, the only option. :yucky:

You've just kinda CRUSHED my DREAMS... :sad:

to the question about space battles, it would only serve to extend the small battles we originally encountered in the first two where one sat in the turret and pounded sith fighters antul it was over, instead it would actually be a series of short quests in the form of objectives thrown at the player until they made it through the battle, it would not be like SWG because it would not allow for true real time environment freedom, there would be some freedom of movement but only within the battlefield, think of the feel of it like on the level of Freelancer only to the eye it would be on a much larger scale of a battle, it has to be intimidating, but still do-able for the average player with a little effort, thats why it would mean actually flying and fighting, perhaps even several modifiers could be set up in the form of placing your crew members in vital posts inside the ship prior to combat (much like choosing your team before you depart the Hawk for the surface of a planet) which means whoever you place in the gunners turret would either increase or degrease the accuracy of the gunnery to the targets you fight. also whoever is flying the ship would make the controls for flight easier or harder, whoever is navigating would enable easier target aquisition or worse, (etc) so it would make it very i,portant how that is set up proir to battle

keep in mind it would be almost as if the quests were transported to space for a short period of the game, it would only occur once the group rendevous with the republic forces (at predetermined triggers in the game based on percentage or key events complete) and once each battle was complete the format would return to the original game style there would be no continuous space combat, but there may be room for a few random space combat events if the team happened to jump into an area they fled because they finished with that planet and the true sith moved in after they left so it would discourage back tracking...

does that explain?

zaxxkreddasig2a.jpg

I think that I understand what you mean, its a cross between Bethesda softwares way of handling ship combat and Freelancer.

It is a good idea, and one I like. But I also feel that it is something that is unlikey to be included.

To start with, being able to pick who goes in which position on the Hawk would require either a larger party, or the ability to pick who you allow to join you-otherwise you'll just end up using the same people in the same postions. A larger party, or more potential party members, would increase the size of the game, as in needing more plots etc and that would take more time to develop the game for what is meant to be a small part of the game. It would probably work better if you could buy or make items to upgrade the Hawk instead.

The control system also bothers me for ship combat. However they did this the control system has to something that can translate to both console and PC versions of the game. I'm rather tired of playing PC games were it is very obvious the orignial controls have been ported from a console, and are next to impossible to get to grips with. The KOTOR series works well mainly because its just as easy to play on the PC and console versions.

One thing I do not want to see is the random ship combat that was in K1. Being intercepted every five minutes by fighters quickly lost its appeal and became just plain annoying. (Thank god they removed that from K2). If they opt to put ship fighting in it should either be as part of a plot or something you can decide to avoid-either by running away in game or switching it off under the options menu.

What the hell? Bethesda? Ship combat?

What the hell? Bethesda? Ship combat?

I'm thinking of the Pirates of the Carabean game they made a few years ago. The ship combat there was with sailing ships, but members of your party could influence the ability of your ship-such as increasing the re-load rate of the guns or how fast you could turn the ship. (The system is quite an old one, it dates back to an earlier game that Pirates was based on but it works quite well). This seems similar to the idea Zaxx Kredda had about party members influencing the abilities of the ship.

I thought they only published it

While it might be interesting to have a totally different control environment in the game (i.e. ship combat), I doubt that they'd do it - simply because changing the GUI for something like this would be a lot more work for a small part of the game (the turret shooting parts wouldn't have been a huge challenge since there wasn't a lot of interaction going on - just shooting a gun), while reconfiguring a total change in interface for a space battle would only be feasible if they make it a major part of the game - i.e. inbetween planets you always go to this interface...

A thought did come to mind for the space battle though, while the whole battle goes on, your crew could be flying around and docking on major ships to sabotage them. you could give conflicting orders into the controls (i.e. shoot each other) or straight out destroy the ship, or even bolster it (if you want to help them - DS?)

Thoughts?

Oh - and I think we should refrain from further calls of "when will it be made?" and moreso the depressing statements that it probably won't be any time soon...it's just depressing :brows:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

i think it would be cool to become a matukai, or some other less known force user. Flashbacks would be awesome, seeing your own character wiping the floor with some madalorians or something would be awesome....

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

I want to be playing as the Jedi Exile (female) and trying to find Revan in the Unknown Regions and unite with him against the True Sith. I also want to see Mical, Visas, Atton, Bastila, and other old friends of Revan and the Exile help rebuild the Jedi Order on Coruscant.

Edited by Ferr.M

"May the Force be with you."

I want to be playing as the Jedi Exile (female) and trying to find Revan in the Unknown Regions and unite with him against the True Sith. I also want to see Mical, Visas, Atton, Bastila, and other old friends of Revan and the Exile help rebuild the Jedi Order on Coruscant.

There virtually no way that you can do that and keep people happy:

Very few people want to play as the Exile again (or Revan). Almost everyone wants then IN the game at some stage, but not as the main PC. Besides, where do you go from there - how powerful do you set your character as? (any "amnesia brought be back to level 1" bollocks would NOT be well received).

Also - how can Mical be there if Exile was male? would Mira be there, or Hanharr? What about Handmaiden? There's so many permutations that could happen with choices in the games, especially K2 with character choices and "to train or not to train" the party members...

Unless they either have a lot of pre-setting of Revan and Exile before or at the start of the game, or set a canon story, then it can't be done with previous stories. Some people want canon, some want customised (I don't really care either way, the point of the game should be the NEW character(s), not the old ones).

na i would like to be playing as the sith apprentice of a dark lord of the true sith

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

na i would like to be playing as the sith apprentice of a dark lord of the true sith

As you can see - many different desires and preferences on what people want.

It would be awesome if we could play a game where you fight completely on either side - doing totally different things in either instance - unfortunately that would pretty much require the game be in multiple parts - like a two disc (good/evil) storyline or something...

I think it's fairly safe to assume that K3 would follow the same track as 1 and 2 - doing basically the same thing (finding star maps/jedi masters) but going about it slightly differently and for a different purpose depending on your chosen alignment.

I think that I understand what you mean, its a cross between Bethesda softwares way of handling ship combat and Freelancer.

It is a good idea, and one I like. But I also feel that it is something that is unlikey to be included.

To start with, being able to pick who goes in which position on the Hawk would require either a larger party, or the ability to pick who you allow to join you-otherwise you'll just end up using the same people in the same postions. A larger party, or more potential party members, would increase the size of the game, as in needing more plots etc and that would take more time to develop the game for what is meant to be a small part of the game. It would probably work better if you could buy or make items to upgrade the Hawk instead.

The control system also bothers me for ship combat. However they did this the control system has to something that can translate to both console and PC versions of the game. I'm rather tired of playing PC games were it is very obvious the orignial controls have been ported from a console, and are next to impossible to get to grips with. The KOTOR series works well mainly because its just as easy to play on the PC and console versions.

One thing I do not want to see is the random ship combat that was in K1. Being intercepted every five minutes by fighters quickly lost its appeal and became just plain annoying. (Thank god they removed that from K2). If they opt to put ship fighting in it should either be as part of a plot or something you can decide to avoid-either by running away in game or switching it off under the options menu.

well the idea of choosing the entire party and placing them on the ship would only work for the space combat, that was the idea anyway, but for regular planetary exploration it would mean going back to choosing a group of three including the main character

the idea behind expanding the space combat would not expand it so much that it would become the bulk of the game though, i think either yo misuunderstood my idea or i still didnt explain well enough, it was only meant to be inserted at key points in the plot, much like the turret scenes in kotor 1 and 2, only instead it would mean actually flying the ship to either evade or engage, if the choice was made to engage then there would be a few objectives to complete until the normal space journey completed...

each time the space combat would occur it would ramp up a few notches so that there were more objectives to complete and more options to evade,

this would only occur during points in the game where the republic fleet were scouring the outer rim for the true sith and during the rendevous with the group on the Hawk or whatever ship it is in K3, then they would encounter a contingent of true sith ships to combat and the hawk has to escape each time by either fighting or evading so they can move on with the main quest

the only time it would be different is at the end when the final space battle occurs, and then it would be involving the player in participation rather than just playing a few cutscenes of what ships blew up or whatever, and the end battle would be on an epic scale, with much eye candy and many more objectives to complete, and no way to evade the fight, unless one chose to dock with one of three freindly cap ships, or one of the enemy ships, which of course (in my version at least) would end up giving different endings to the plot (i think you can figure out where that would go)

but i didnt mean that the space combat would be continuously available through the whole game, that would be insane and it would take much longer to code, it would be a controlled environment to some degree, but not as limited as previously seen in KOTOR 1 &2

there i think thats enough of an explanation

zaxxkreddasig2a.jpg

Guest The Architect
Architect, thats pretty good and I would play that if KotOR3 was following that story, but probably what I dislike is the part where your character just cuts off from the force and hides in Correllia, thats alright but the whole "being cut from the force" has been done and would seem like a cliche yet again if it were in the 3rd. The Exile had no choice really and had to cut himself off from the force so he couldnt feel the souls and continual guilt from what s/he did. Revan was a little bit similar, his mind was completely changed to be good when all along he was Revan.

The KotOR III PC in my plot suggestion hasn

Edited by The Architect

Yay for Obz!

But yeah, Aliens RPG is scheduled way back to year 2009. PG isn't even announced yet. NWN2 expansion pack comes out in autumn, but that's pure PC game. So they would start to develop another pure PC game after that.

Of course, it's not sure if you could count NWN2 expansion pack as one of the three projects, since it's named as Project NX1. There isn't - according to my knowledge - state named NX1 in US of A. (OE prjojects are named after states of America)

Maybe that "three game rule" is only about completely new games, not counting expansions.

That leaves 1 of the 3 unfulfilled... However, maybe Project New Jersey isn't cancelled (although it seems to be quite sure now). But that's console game.

And that third project should be PC game so... meh.

There's still no way Obz could work with it now :sad:

Edited by Xard

Yay for Obz!

But yeah, Aliens RPG is scheduled way back to year 2009. PG isn't even announced yet. NWN2 expansion pack comes out in autumn, but that's pure PC game. So they would start to develop another pure PC game after that.

Of course, it's not sure if you could count NWN2 expansion pack as one of the three projects, since it's named as Project NX1. There isn't - according to my knowledge - state named NX1 in US of A. (OE prjojects are named after states of America)

Maybe that "three game rule" is only about completely new games, not counting expansions.

That leaves 1 of the 3 unfulfilled... However, maybe Project New Jersey isn't cancelled (although it seems to be quite sure now). But that's console game.

And that third project should be PC game so... meh.

There's still no way Obz could work with it now :sad:

:'(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"