KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

I would like it if your PC did talk, despite the fact that it would inevitably make the game longer. This scenario is similar to how you read a book, then see a movie in a way, there may be sections in the dialogue where the main character has to emphasise it and change his tone of voice so you can tell the difference between joking and a Darkside option.

But, you should know what shift a given choice would make anyway.

It's in your head so why would a voiced PC be necessary? Yes it is like reading a book then watching the film, the film is simplified whereas the novel in your head draws from your own imagination. The film is someone else's vision, but the novel is changed by your own experiences... In a game you are the main character, Derrrrrr :thumbsup: I would not want my voice replaced with another, because it is my interpretation of the action, not the actors. [/Ramble]

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

No, because the words aren't in italics. :brows:

When you read a book the words have there own voice, it's the same for music, it's pure and without corruption of someone else's interpretation. If you have never heard the music played it is only the notes on paper, and the music in your head. Therefore without the voice of an actor, or the ego of a conductor, your own mind can impose it's own interpretation on the words, or music to continue the convoluted analogy.

Revan did have minimal voiced parts for a critical hits etc. I am glad Kotor 2 doesn't have that, because it's annoying.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Guest The Architect

I agree with what the junkie dog with red eyes said. Yeah, that

Edited by The Architect

Ye guyz have any idea how much that would cost? And what if your PC would end up with voice as worse as NWN2 Narrator had? =/

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

nah, there are too many different choices to have voice. especially since you'd need two different voice actors, one for the male option and one for the female option.

But it still needs better graphics, especially smoother battle animations, so there are no "both guys are standing waiting for their turn to hit each other", and the enemy actually blocks and evades, or just gets hits.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

nah, there are too many different choices to have voice. especially since you'd need two different voice actors, one for the male option and one for the female option.

But it still needs better graphics, especially smoother battle animations, so there are no "both guys are standing waiting for their turn to hit each other", and the enemy actually blocks and evades, or just gets hits.

Kotor's battle animations are extremely smooth, especially on later levels. :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

... so there are no "both guys are standing waiting for their turn to hit each other"

Sounds like a complaint about the round-based combat and computer AI, not graphics?

I do agree that it's always a bit odd when enemies are standing around "waiting" for their attack round. :ermm: But altering that would affect other things about how the game is played/feels - might be good, might not. Hard to say.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have been a player of KOTOR II for a very long time but I am very new to this forum and never untill today looked at this website. I have one question... are they even planning on making a KOTOR III or is this all just wishfull thinking? Not that i wouldn't be down with wishfull thinking. If they are making one all I hope is that the storyline be still dark and sinister.

I have been a player of KOTOR II for a very long time but I am very new to this forum and never untill today looked at this website. I have one question... are they even planning on making a KOTOR III or is this all just wishfull thinking? Not that i wouldn't be down with wishfull thinking. If they are making one all I hope is that the storyline be still dark and sinister.

Well, welcome here then for starters. Right now, it's just wishful thinking. But we do hope in the near future that they will decide to make a K3. It would only make sense, no? Finish off the loose ends. You can't just cut it off after two. That would be nutty. :thumbsup: But, right now, it's all speculation and making Christmas lists over here.

Yeah, you tell 'em Sturm!

I say leave the combat be. It worked before, it'll work again.

agreed . . . y fix some thing that aint broke ? ? ?

who said anything about fixing? I only meant the system could use some enhancement and overall polish. K3 will be on the 360, so if its going to rival with other next gen games, its going to need that enhancement.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, you tell 'em Sturm!

Hehe :p

Back on topic, with the new p33nage Vista, I think it will open a new gateway, it already has, Halo 2 is coming out for computer so if they had any intent of making KotOR3 it would definately come out on the 360 first, and computer would certainly be able to keep up :)

No computer game will ever reach the same level of graphics as a next gen game on the 360.

Well... maybe but it'd cost a fortune.

No computer game will ever reach the same level of graphics as a next gen game on the 360.

Well... maybe but it'd cost a fortune.

I'm sorry for what I'm going to say now...

That rivals even OPG's posts in sheer stupidness :p

agreed . . . y fix some thing that aint broke ? ? ?

Because you enhance to make sure it doesn't get broke

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Legolas doesnt get cookies, I doubt they even had cookies in Middle-Earth, I think you are mistaken by Elvish bread.

You make me sad. I just thought it was pretty neat...watching him kill all of those little stupid Uruk-hai. Legolas doesn't need to speak or talk or eat, he just kills...and well.

And don't you dare join in, Xard. Leave me alone. At least I have an avatar and sig...unlike some people...

Back on topic...It would be prudent to go ahead and make sure that the combat system wouldn't all of a sudden breakdown whilst playing the game. But I certainly don't think that the combat system should be altered. I enjoy playing K1 and K2 like that. It's fun. If it were a FPS shoot 'em up, it wouldn't be fun at all. Or if it were mindless combat where you just button mash everything. That sucks. :ermm:

Or if it were mindless combat where you just button mash everything. That sucks. :skeptical:

ya i dont like that either . . . i thought the jedi kights combat system wasnt that great at all

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader