KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

What is this insistance with faces? Alignment and gender is fine. I rather like Revan's mask, and I hope Exile has a mask too. The masks is what makes Revan and Exile who they are, after all.

I was just appealing to the fact that people want that, as it could be a possibility. IMO, I could care less about customizing faces, but making the alignments and genders are what you want.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.

It be very complex to make scripts fit having both show in a 3, alone Kotor 2 had several ending possibilities, you could blow up planent, stay and start a school again for darksiders as i recall, blow up planet and go seek out revan, go back to exile again...

It is a bit much to demand from developers i think but thats just my opion.

I have to agree with the above, writing KOTOR 3 so that it caters for every possible outcome in the last two games would take....well forever. We'd still be waiting on things five years from now. I don't mind assuming that a LS Revan or Exile would always pick the LS/DS choises in the first two games to some degree. I think they managed to do that rather well in KOTOR 2, sure you can take Carths comments (and/or Bastila, if you pick Revan as male) as a sign of a relationship. Then again you could also just see their comments as being made by people who are worried about a friend. The writers have to decide on which acts a LS or DS Revan and Exile would have done to simplify the story. Just take a look back over the comments in this (and the 21 prior) thread and see how difficult it has been for anyone to write a possible story for KOTOR 3 without someone else comming along and ripping it apart.....

I have to agree with the above, writing KOTOR 3 so that it caters for every possible outcome in the last two games would take....well forever. We'd still be waiting on things five years from now. I don't mind assuming that a LS Revan or Exile would always pick the LS/DS choises in the first two games to some degree. I think they managed to do that rather well in KOTOR 2, sure you can take Carths comments (and/or Bastila, if you pick Revan as male) as a sign of a relationship. Then again you could also just see their comments as being made by people who are worried about a friend. The writers have to decide on which acts a LS or DS Revan and Exile would have done to simplify the story. Just take a look back over the comments in this (and the 21 prior) thread and see how difficult it has been for anyone to write a possible story for KOTOR 3 without someone else comming along and ripping it apart.....

When an article talking about the storyline is released (and we're not talking rumor, we're talking about fact here), someone's blood is going to boil

I'm sure LA will censor these threads from whoever is writing K3 to preserve their sanity...

He reads nothing, he knows nothing, he is endangered to nothing...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It be very complex to make scripts fit having both show in a 3, alone Kotor 2 had several ending possibilities, you could blow up planent, stay and start a school again for darksiders as i recall, blow up planet and go seek out revan, go back to exile again...

You have 3 'endings' (But only two cutscenes, either a LS blowing up the planet, or a DS sparing the planet), but it is quite assumed that you will NOT go back into exile. You are a powerful Jedi, and you just want to go and sulk away, especially with the True Sith preparing to rampage?

So, you have two endings: Create a new Force Using Order and find Revan. So, let us assume you do both. :lol:

Easy trigger too:

If Exile is LS, a new Light-Sided Jedi Order is formed.

If Exile is DS, a new Dark-Sided Jedi Order, prehaps even a Sith Order if developers want to really be daring, is formed.

Regardless, a Jedi Order is formed, and you can easily drop down and say that the new player be a Jedi Padawan in said Order. The only difference between the two alignments is that would the Jedi be goody two-shoes or Atris/Vrook bastards. :)

Edited by SilentScope001

What would be cool would be if you could have an alien PC because their aren't many starwars games that I know of were the main character is an alien

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more "news" on the release of K3 in the next few days... :sorcerer:

Sunday's almost here

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

coincidence?

but yeah, hopefully it is confirmed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I agree with the people who've said that it should just be a choice of male/female, dark/light Revan and Exile. (and set it to the same alignment for both of them). Really, how tedious would it be to go through a whole long customization routine of whether the Exile was a woman and what her face looked like and whether she was a Jedi Watchman or a Sith Marauder, and then go and do the same with Revan, when they're not going to be the main character? It would take way too long. Keep Revan in the mask and pick a nice (well, corrupted) face for the Exile if they're DS, and pick a nice face for Revan and the Exile if they're LS. Keep Revan in the Forge robes, and the Exile in the Zeison Sha (blue/purple) armor. (At least with a female Exile. Just robes if it's a guy.)

My idea for the main character is this: a Padawan who survived the Purge, but whose master didn't. S/he is on some backwater planet in Wild Space/the Unknown Regions. That way, you can a) start from the beginning, choosing Sentinel or Guardian or Consular. You'd have maybe one or two Force powers depending on what class you picked, but that's it, since you're not a full Jedi yet and don't know all this stuff. And it would also be plausible for a Padawan whose Master's died to be confused and uncertain about whether to stick to the Light or go over to the Dark Side. Then Something could happen, like a Sith attack, or Trask Ulgo's son crash-landing on your planet as a fugitive from the Sith or something (as a female love interest) and then some half-human female scoundrel (male love interest) offering you two the only way off that rock with this ship she just "found": the Ebon Hawk.

Not that that would show up in the actual game when it's made (and they'd better make it, because I want some closure), but I have too much time on my hands to think about this stuff.

(Oh and hi everyone. First post. ^^)

Keep Revan in the mask and pick a nice (well, corrupted) face for the Exile if they're DS, and pick a nice face for Revan and the Exile if they're LS. Keep Revan in the Forge robes, and the Exile in the Zeison Sha (blue/purple) armor. (At least with a female Exile. Just robes if it's a guy.)

Why would you want a male Exile in normal robes?

My idea for the main character is this: a Padawan who survived the Purge, but whose master didn't. S/he is on some backwater planet in Wild Space/the Unknown Regions. That way, you can a) start from the beginning, choosing Sentinel or Guardian or Consular. You'd have maybe one or two Force powers depending on what class you picked, but that's it, since you're not a full Jedi yet and don't know all this stuff. And it would also be plausible for a Padawan whose Master's died to be confused and uncertain about whether to stick to the Light or go over to the Dark Side. Then Something could happen, like a Sith attack, or Trask Ulgo's son crash-landing on your planet as a fugitive from the Sith or something (as a female love interest) and then some half-human female scoundrel (male love interest) offering you two the only way off that rock with this ship she just "found": the Ebon Hawk.

Not that that would show up in the actual game when it's made (and they'd better make it, because I want some closure), but I have too much time on my hands to think about this stuff.

(Oh and hi everyone. First post. ^^)

*waves* Sorry about the lacking enthusiasm. :sorcerer:

Why only two "love interests"? Not that they're important (to me anyway) but shouldn't there be two for each... one sadist for darksiders, a mopey whinny angst ridden wimp for lightsiders? Hell make them all bisexual to save time. >_<

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I agree with the people who've said that it should just be a choice of male/female, dark/light Revan and Exile. (and set it to the same alignment for both of them).

...Nah. Some people, like Allornix, do a LSF Revan and a DSM Exile, seeing it as the best game, which I might agree with, and some wants to see what would happen if a LS Revan and a DS Exile work together, or a DS Revan and a LS Exile. Have alignment be selected seperately.

Why only two "love interests"? Not that they're important (to me anyway) but shouldn't there be two for each... one sadist for darksiders, a mopey whinny angst ridden wimp for lightsiders? Hell make them all bisexual to save time.

I'd agree. It might be the only time I'd allow homosexual compaionship...to save the developer time and to have a DS Romance option. I can see the Wimp and the Sadist hates you...if you love the Sadist and his infulence goes up, the Wimp hates you and his infulence drops, and vice versa. Might be possible to romance with both people at the same time thoug...:evil:

I wonder if, during character creation, you could have the option of picking Revan and the Exiles gender and aligment or leaving it as Cannon if you want to just get playing the game as quickly as possible? (There was, after all, the same type of option in TSL as you could bypas that part of the conversation with Atton and it would default to Cannon). That might be a way to satisfy everyone-those who have played one or both of the first games would be able to continue with the Revan and Exile they've come to play and love, while new players could just jump in without messing around. Might also be easier for the writers, as they wouldn't have to script a conversation to decide these things.

Hell, as long as you can decide how much detail you want to go into-and have the option to bypass the whole thing if you want to-I don't see how this would be a problem. You could even have the option of picking their faces from the ones that were avalible in the first two games if you wanted to. Robes and lightsabre colours would be irrelivent since Revan and the Exile have, I would assumed, changed clothes at some point and they could always have made a new lightsabre after the vanished. The same thing goes for their classes. For the most part their classes would be irrelivent, or they could have changed focus/class since they left.

Why would you want a male Exile in normal robes?

I just don't think male characters look very good in the purple armor.

Homosexual/multiple love interests--hey, why not. I mean there was Juhani in the first game, so yeah, the Padawan could be bisexual or homosexual. But I don't really think you need a "sadist" and a "moper" for LSers and DSers. You could still romance/gain influence with the love interest characters whether you were LS or DS in both games, and still have lots of fun with the "triangles" in II (that was just funny).

Mortis - Actually that sounds good. It's a nice comprimise.

Homosexual/multiple love interests--hey, why not. I mean there was Juhani in the first game, so yeah, the Padawan could be bisexual or homosexual.

This has been raised before. LA is not going to allow one of the KOTOR games to have an overt homosexual character in the game. Juhani's role in KOTOR was about as far as they would be willing to take things.

I agree with all that has been posted. Although i would hope that game stays away from homosexual relationships (no offense intended to anyone) i just don't think it belongs in the star wars universe. My suggestion for KOTOR 3 would be a continuation of the second one as the exile. In the end of the second , both LS and DS your ship comes out of nowhere and you fly away...yea pretty stupid ending....but we never conclude what happens to the exile. So i think they should make it so you play as the exile and continue your search for Revan on your own. Then as you encounter new worlds, you pick up new team members and mroe quests and eventually you will find Revan. But i think whether or not Revan is LS or DS depends on how you play the game. I feel that if you play the game LS, Revan should turn out to be DS, and if you play DS, Revan should turn out to be LS. But either way, together, they should re-balance the galaxy.

Yes, i know my user name is spelled wrong. I created it before i really knew that much about KOTOR. Now i've played the games both ways multiple times, and am much more knowledgable than my former self.

I agree with all that has been posted. Although i would hope that game stays away from homosexual relationships (no offense intended to anyone) i just don't think it belongs in the star wars universe. My suggestion for KOTOR 3 would be a continuation of the second one as the exile. In the end of the second , both LS and DS your ship comes out of nowhere and you fly away...yea pretty stupid ending....but we never conclude what happens to the exile. So i think they should make it so you play as the exile and continue your search for Revan on your own. Then as you encounter new worlds, you pick up new team members and mroe quests and eventually you will find Revan. But i think whether or not Revan is LS or DS depends on how you play the game. I feel that if you play the game LS, Revan should turn out to be DS, and if you play DS, Revan should turn out to be LS. But either way, together, they should re-balance the galaxy.

Yes, i know my user name is spelled wrong. I created it before i really knew that much about KOTOR. Now i've played the games both ways multiple times, and am much more knowledgable than my former self.

So just what happens when you find Revan then? I mean, if this hunt for Revan would continue, it would take some time probably find him. I for one wouldn't want to stumble upon him in an alley in some Sith city. And what happens after you find him then? A big party? I believe that K3 would be revolving more about fighting the Sith Empire instead of just finding Revan and after finding him, you just go and beat the jesus out of the Big bad guy.

But then again, we'll see what K3 looks like when it's done :p

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I think the best way (Non AFD) would be to have the KOTOR III announcement in the form of a Super Bowl ad.

Of course, there would be 50 different clips of it on Youtube the next day, but that's a different story altogether...

DAWUSS

Back toward the people a fe3w pages back, your character can be a son or a daughter. In the star Wars Time line only certain scenarios make sense. Whether Revan was a guy or a girl or the exile doesnt matter too much. But it is obvious that in both situations the Light side was the victor. Why Malachor is destroyed in all later Star Wars things. The Sith do not attack again for another 3000 years under Kaan and the brotherhood of Darkness. A finale with Republic retaking Korriban makes sense since in Darth Bane Path of Destruction the Sith home world is retaken from the Republic in the prologue. Star Wars has a history. Canonical choices must be made, or the whole history is stopped in it's tracks. The main story idea is what I want to Convey the characters can be altered changed or removed, but what happens then has to be finished, than after this game the senate can pass the Sith outlaw acts and seal the deal until another 3000 years. Canonical things must be made. If in the beginning such a key and important story wasn't chosen as the theme I would agree with you, but this trilogy is what sets up the Republic and forges the future.