KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

imagine it... a wookie shooting lightning!!!

That was mentioned before, apparently Wookiees can't be Jedi or Sith. Thats why Hannar in TSL isn't a potential Jedi.

George Lucas said they can't be Jedi because they are very emotional people. I think this also makes a good prerequisite to becoming a Sith, though.

KOTOR III: The Dark Tides

Picture this, the exile, having chosen the path of Revan, took Kreia's advice disbanding his/her party. Following the instincts and disturbances of the force, the exile departs from his comrades entering the shroud of darkness covering the Unknown Regions. Under the influence of Atton, the Hand Maiden, Visas, and Bastilla Shan, a New Jedi Council is resurrected. Aiding the stabilizing yet suffering republic, the New Jedi set out to rebuild the Jedi Order. 15 years after the Malachor Five destruction, a young Jedi, from unknown origins begins to suffer from prophetic dreams, showing much destruction and darkness on the horizon. From the planet of Coruscant the Dreams are vague yet grow stronger with every passing hour.

Bastilla seeing the possibility of what such nightmares could with hold, takes the padawan, at age of 21, old for his position, as her apprentice. Departing for Dantooine, after basic training is complete, The Master and Apprentice study the arts, developing his connection to the force and finding an old friend, Atton who joins the crusade to get to the bottom of the seers visions. Just as plans to depart are finished, the young seer (you) has another vision, this time revealing a dark figure poised to attack Bastion. Bastilla and Atton immediately plan departure taking you with them to investigate the disturbance.

Once their, the vessel is ambushed by a flotilla of planetary defenders and forced to crash on the planet. It is here that they search for their way off the dark world and discover a plot of succession from the republic spilling through the planets populace. Tracking down the source with the help of yet another old friend, Mira, the party discovers a dark and troubling culprit. Their source tells that the name of their propagandist is Revan. Just as the culprit is named the "True Sith" Attack nearly decimating the planet. Luckily Bastilla covertly had Admiral Carth Onasi and the entire republic navy following at a staging distance. Fighting along side the Republic the Sith Warships are pushed back yet not without great losses.

Granting the party the rights to HK 47 and T3, Carth hopes their aide will lead the republic to the Exile and Revan who they believe to be the enemy now. Bastilla is gravely suspicious and hurt by the discovery on Bastion. Taking the growing party from the world, the Seer has yet another vision, this time of the same dark figure strangling a serious of people who he believes to represent a series of worlds and turning them against himself. Now the journey becomes open ended as the party travels through a series of worlds looking for clues to the Sith whereabouts and the succession that distills throughout the Republic outer planets. The planets and people found are Miraluka- young Miralukan Girl Torza: Rhen Var- Spacer Team Kyp Torvyn and Rodian Twitch: Bespin- Bounty Hunter Johbonsun Fett; Mandalore- Mandalore Canderous Ordo (recruits Fett): Taris Restoration- Mission Vao; Onderon/Dxun- Hand Maiden.

Across these worlds you either thwart or fuel the dark thoughts of rebellion falling into the dark of embracing the light. Slowly the dreams become more and more vivid, as you re-assemble a journey secretly taken years before by the Exile during exile. Combining the information of the party members, knowledge of revans journey and the exiles journey, a call whispers from three worlds Myrkyr, Yavin IV, and Korriban. Searching the dark worlds for clues an ancient SIth Empire begins to unravel before their eyes. Korriban having to be the last of the planets to search reveals a dark holocron from one known as king Adas of long ago. Taking the information, the party prepares to leave, yet are ambushed by a massive Sith force. Captured aboard what looks like the Leviathin Malak and Revans old warship the party perform a daring escape, discovering a new secret as what is believed to be Revan attacks the Seer and Bastilla. That secret being that the seer is truly the son or daughter of Revan and Bastilla.Carth Onasi and the Republic Fleet Quickly fly in to provide cover allowing for a full escape. The Sith resettle Korriban. Heading Ziost a the planet revealed to them in the holocron the Seer and the party discover the remains of an ancient civilization. It turns out to be the once stronghold of King Adas the ruler of a band of sith species and dark jedi. On this world you find the crashed Ebon Hawk, and another familiar face the Exile. He explains that he had fought with Revan for the last five years after searching long and hard for him, yet they were separated recently, and he crashed here after Sith ambush. He joins the party pointing them in the direction of an uncharted unnamed planet in the unknown Regions where he last saw Revan.

Here the Seer infiltrates an ancient and mysterious academy as a fake Sith. It is here your decisions truly reflect the end of the game either truly finish your path into Sithdom, or find your way to the top where you face one of the Sith Lords and either take his title or cast the dark side into the light. Here you also discover the beaten and battered Revan who discover never fell to the True Sith but was simply captured by their Sith OverLord Darth Vaalor. Joining the Party Revan apologizes for leaving all his comrades and scolds them for following him. Carth then informs the party via transmitter that the Sith have massed a massive force upon Korriban, including the SIth who were in their second civil war.

Planning a grand assault of the Planet your party acts as a Vanguard of the attack. Entering Dareshdae you fight your way through the ruins and temples and tombs along side Jedi forces led by Visas, and the other Jedi Masters. Above the Republic Armada engages the phenomenally large Sith Force, eventually you face the Dark Overlord himself and destroy him either taking his position or casting the Sith Empire back into the unknown regions. However in a turn of events the old nemeses Nihilus appears before the thought victorious party. A Battle then ensues as you discover he was truly a betrayal above even that of Kreia's. In this battle many of your party will die. Most by sacrifice. Eventually through the combined strength of the Seer, the Exile, Revan , and Bastilla Nihilus is defeated. As he dies you have the choices before you, take his power learn what you can from him and turn on your allies, or let the force have of him what it will, and stay with the light side. Those that survive follow the Sith empire into the unknown regions never to be heard from again. Dark or light the Empire recedes back into the darkness succeeds their goal, ensuring the taint of the dark side always remains in the galaxy. The true Sith are discovered to be the darkness within the heart and thus themselves.

(If Revan was a woman in your game then Bastilla will train you and after Dantooine she will leave your party replacing her with Carth. Bastilla will then act as the military support instead. Though if it were me Canonically Revan is a guy and it should be made canonical fact.)

The End...

So like it???

I Know that story lines usually will be looked over but this is just an Idea I developed and sorta wanted to throw out their to stir some discussion.

After reading half your story, I didn't read any further. Why?

Because we shouldn't base Kotor III on a canon storyline. I, and a lot of others would want to decide both Revan and the Exile's: Face, Gender and Alignment.

My DSF Revan killed Carth and Bastila wouldn't form a Jedi Order. Similarly, DSM Exile's companions wouldn't form a new Jedi order. I am sorry if I sound harsh but going canon storyline isn't what I am looking for.

Some elements of your story doesn't sound bad but please, do keep in mind that we played as Revan and the Exile. My Revan is simply not the canonical LSM Revan. And my Exile isn't a LSF either.

This quiet possibly also rules out your idea that the main character is Revan's son. I am sorry to say, but no I don't like your idea that we have to go Canon storyline.

Master Vandar lives!

Don't you see?

It isn't hard at all Alexa Kun. Some creative writing and it can be done. Here No, I didn't write it and there are some parts that I didn't like about the story but as you can see it CAN be done. We CAN choose both Revan and the Exile's alignment and get a decent storyline. If Jediphile / The Architect and myself can do it. We are all amateurs, then a pro writer can certainly do it.

Master Vandar lives!

I'd rather have one or two of my old party members (from both K1 and K2) make little more than a brief appearance, barely longer than a cameo. Maybe Bao-Dur and Bastila.

The only one I would even consider having once again in my party would be T3. Send HK-47 off to Mustafar on that Republic ship already for all I care. And I would only want 3 people in my party total (myself, T3, and someone else [possibly the love interest]). I liked my Ebon Hawk empty TBH

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I don't believe that having your old party members in your group would be a good idea, except for T3 and HK-47 because they sort of provide the slapstick humor that C3-P0 and R2-D2 gave us in the OT. The old guys should just be a bunch of NPCs or something, something that maybe we can talk to, but not really control.

Same thing being said, I don't really want to play as Revan/Exile again. Please, I played them the last two games. Give me someone new, a new character or something. We cal all pick sex/face/alignment from a list of dialogue, ala K2 when Atton asks the Exile what happened to Revan after K1. That's easy enough. And it is not hard enough to do at all.

A nice story that ties in all three of the stories quite well would also be a good idea. I want to be able to fight the True Sith, whatever they are, not see it in a flashback or have Joe Schmo tell me about it in dialogue. That just sucks. :down:

All I really care about is good storyline, memorable characters, and a good game over all. All the extra stuff is just fluff. Like lightsaber adjustments, that's fluff. That could be wonderfully done and all, and the graphics would be amazing as well, but what would that be worth if the game stinks more than a pile of bantha poodoo. K3, if it ever comes out, should focus on the story, the characters, and definitely the gameplay. That's all that should matter, everything else is just extra.

God knows I don't want to go back to Dantooine or Tatooine for that matter. What's there for fun besides counting blades of grass or grains of sand? I'd rather go to Coruscant or some place more interesting than a rotating sphere of boredom.

@Architect - Well, that's what I've always wanted. But it's also possible, especially for me since I personally enjoy the female storyline aspect a bit more, that the player could have romanced with Carth. If they do ask about the male/female Revan romance, it should be answered in dialogue and/or hinted toward through your conversation choices than announced by a party member like Mssion or Juhani or something that fits from your personal storyline from K1 or something like that. It'd be a lot easier and fairer that way instead of relying on the computer to automatically state that Revan did romance with Carth/Bastila. Sometimes I liked Carth, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I kissed him, sometimes I slaughtered him.

All I'm saying here is that I want choices, people. Choices! I don't want some stupid computer telling me what happened, a programmed ending and set of characters that don't even match what I want, which is the most important aspect of this game. My choices, my decision, mine mine mine. It's an RPG, people. That means I want to make choices.

I've ranted enough and I've already covered this more times than not.

Oh, but I have one more thing to say.

@Kyp - Buddy, I'm a girl. I have lady parts. Therefore, I would rather have no canon in my story. I don't want to play a man because I don't see myself as a man. I spit on the canon. Just because GL or LA decides to say that Revan is a man doesn't meant that I want that to be my Revan. They should have respected the gamers' wishes and left the character as ambiguous. Your story is based off of canon and that is not what most people want. If that were the game, it would alienate the female gamers, like myself, and would upset some men/women that would have preferred to play as a woman and/or played out of canon. So, I sort of ranted at you and went OT, but that's that.

Edited by Omelette

Not to mention that I want to play Dark side for that matter.

Well, I don't know if you can decide whether Revan romanced Carth or Bastila, depending on Gender off course. And some romanced Juhani. No matter. Also, you could decide in Kotor II whether or not you train Atton, Mira, Bao Dur, Handmaiden, Disciple to become Jedi.

Some decisions are simply made for you.

You could have killed Bastila if you were LS in Kotor I, Obsidian however decided that you didn't do that.

You could have redeemed or killed the spirit of Ajunta Pall. Obsidian however decided that DS Revan had slain Ajunta Pall and LS Revan had redeemed him.

You could have left HK-47 in Juka Laka's shop. Obsidian however decided that you bought him.

I agree with you that you should be able to make choices but I think it is unlikely that a developer would provide you to go into depth that much as to whether or not you romances with Carth or Bastila. I think it is assumed you did.

But nevertheless we should be able to choose Revan's and the Exile's alignment / gender and face.

Lightsaber setup and color, (Revan) romanced with Carth / Bastila, Jedi training (for the Exile), selection of robes etc. are good additions but I doubt they would let you select these.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect

Well, I don't know if you can decide whether Revan romanced Carth or Bastila, depending on Gender off course. And some romanced Juhani. No matter. Also, you could decide in Kotor II whether or not you train Atton, Mira, Bao Dur, Handmaiden, Disciple to become Jedi.

Ah, it would be better if the Exile

Edited by The Architect

Ah, it would be better if the Exile

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'll admit, I never trained Atton to be a Jedi (I could never picture him as a Jedi), and I would find it just a wee bit awkward to find him running around with Jedi robes and "an elegant and civilized weapon". Of course, if he does, then I hope people can make mods for the game :sweat:

Well, I always considered that Atton was a redeemable person and that he was going on a quest of redemption of sorts with the Exile, that's why she/he trained him as a Jedi. But, I personally believe that Atton could change his ways. He was just looking for an opportunity or a way, some kind of means for him to change. With the Exile, he saw that. He knew that she/he needed his help, stepped up to the plate, and hit a homerun (or maybe got a guy on first). But I can certainly see Atton as being a Jedi. It's the Jedi that leave people like him out of their Ya Ya Sisterhood club because they want people to be "pure" and "untainted", which is a load of steaming bantha crap. So, Atton, having the feeling of remorse, guilt, need for redemption, blah, blah, blah, wanted to change and might be a good Jedi.

Or...You completely turned him into an evil, evil man if you went DS, which I'm sure that most of you did. Having Atton kill for you, cleaning your shoes, tattooing his face...DS does not apply to the above.

we cant have anything to do with the exile or revan, sry guys but it takes up too much time and space to decide the looks gender and force shift of revan or exile if you want to have decent playtime and nice cinematics. for a good kotor 3 i say it starts with a new pc and 2 to 5 years after the events of TSL. thats the best idea if you want to stay as far away from game canon and waste of tiem deciding if revan was female or not. even tho its always great to make nice choices and i wouldn't mind chooseing the paths of revan and exile but think aboutit for mthe view of those wh oare gonan make the game, they'd have to make cutscenes and dialouges for each combination of set ups for revan and exile and with all the new stuf the'd be putting in ( assuming itll be for xbox 360) theyll be making a 4 disc box set for kotor 3. hope i cleared some things up for you guys. cross the fingers for kotor 3 2008 :thumbsup:

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.

imagine it... a wookie shooting lightning!!!

That was mentioned before, apparently Wookiees can't be Jedi or Sith. Thats why Hannar in TSL isn't a potential Jedi.

George Lucas said they can't be Jedi because they are very emotional people. I think this also makes a good prerequisite to becoming a Sith, though.

Lowbacca anyone?

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Depressing thought: The Republic will die eventually, we know this.

Cheerful thought: The Republic will die.

Indifferent thought: The Republic can burn for all I care.

Depressing thought = DS points, cheerful thought = LS points and indifferent thought = LS mastery.

That

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Sorry for my horrible grammar Purgatorio :shifty: But what I meant was that everyone wants to have the ability to customize Revan and Exile to the way they had them if the previous Kotors and you cant do that. It'll be way to much. So, they start from scratch with a new story (use you're imagination I'm sure you can do it)

and have little snips here and there of information fill the hole of the time gap between TSL and Kotor 3. I was just spit-balling it when I mentioned 2 to 5 years in between 2 and 3. I wouldn't have the closest idea of what the amount of time in the gap would be because that depends on the plot of the game, right? All I'm doing is just showing from a some what realistic view of the bare idea of what Kotor 3 should have.

I'm too lazy to edit my last post so you'll just have to let you eyes melt when passing through this thread :thumbsup:

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.

I liked how Obsidian respected your choices, except for the above, because none of it was necessary.

Actually, I think it was necessary. And reasonable. Obisidan made reasonable choices: A LS person always do LS acts, like redemption. A DS Person always do DS acts, like killing. A Female Revan always love Carth. A Male Revan always love Bastila. HK-47 is always bought. Canderous always get left behind by Revan (according to cut content, Revan either cried or laughed at Canderous).

Okay, why is it.."necessary"? Well, it sort of reflected your choices, somehow. It makes you feel as though they ACTUALLY care if you are LS or DS, instead of just having Atton say: "blah, blah, blah" and then no more focus on Revan and Exile, with everyone forgetting. It is these small background details that help characters see the effect of Revan and Exile.

Do I hate it? Of course! I dislike having "canon" LS and DS fates. But, well, it is needed as to have people think Revan and Exile are important and that their alignment choices mattered somehow (for example, Ajunata would have been redeemed if Revan was LS...it provides evidence to LS fans that Revan is indeed a great person. Same thing if Ajuanta was smashed) . It also adds replayability value, and it is "reasonable" to assume the following things happen. Just DON'T Over-Canonize LS and DS fates.

Having Carth being an admrial if Revan is LS, Cede if Revan is DS is also good. Bastila was probraly added in as to go and provide some sort of romanctic interlude added in, showing why they care. Plus, it is somewhat logical to assume that. (If you didn't do romance with Bastila and Carth, well, assume you did it right after the victory celebrations in K1.)

But what I meant was that everyone wants to have the ability to customize Revan and Exile to the way they had them if the previous Kotors and you cant do that. It'll be way to much.

Sure you can.

Revan is LS, volia! Revan does all LS acts that most Light Side players would do.

Revan is DS, volia! Revan does all DS acts that most Dark Side players would do.

Same thing with Exile.

Don't make petty references to past events, just go and focus all your efforts on the story. Don't go on an tangent about Jhunai, focus on the True Sith!

...We done it ONCE in TSL, what makes you think this would be any different or harder? Flipping switches, adding in seperate dialouge: (LS) "Revan cried when I lost my gizka.."/(DS) "Revan tortured me for showing weakness when I lost my gizka". It's all simple.

Edited by SilentScope001

I understand perfectly what you mean SilentScope, and I totally agree with you, but that is what I meant. Everyone wants to customize they're very own Revans and Exiles to the tee with look customizations and gender and what-not but thats just stupid. Like you said, simply saying if Revan was simply DS or LS and Male or Female and vise-versa with the Exile is perfectly fine. Other than that there really isn't much to say. People can continue to say what they want in Kotor 3 and make their story plots and that perfectly fine, because that what this thread is for; but once again theres only so much you can put into a game and theres going to be only one Kotor 3.

Guest The Architect
Actually, I think it was necessary. And reasonable. Obisidan made reasonable choices: A LS person always do LS acts, like redemption. A DS Person always do DS acts, like killing. A Female Revan always love Carth. A Male Revan always love Bastila. HK-47 is always bought. Canderous always get left behind by Revan (according to cut content, Revan either cried or laughed at Canderous).

Okay, why is it.."necessary"? Well, it sort of reflected your choices, somehow. It makes you feel as though they ACTUALLY care if you are LS or DS, instead of just having Atton say: "blah, blah, blah" and then no more focus on Revan and Exile, with everyone forgetting. It is these small background details that help characters see the effect of Revan and Exile.

Do I hate it? Of course! I dislike having "canon" LS and DS fates. But, well, it is needed as to have people think Revan and Exile are important and that their alignment choices mattered somehow (for example, Ajunata would have been redeemed if Revan was LS...it provides evidence to LS fans that Revan is indeed a great person. Same thing if Ajuanta was smashed) . It also adds replayability value, and it is "reasonable" to assume the following things happen. Just DON'T Over-Canonize LS and DS fates.

Ah, but all we got to say about Revan in TSL is if he/she saved the Republic (LS ending) or reclaimed the title of Dark Lord (DS ending). That

Edited by The Architect

I see what you saying Architect, but you misunderstood what I said. People want to OVER-customize Revan and Exile and some even want to play as them too. Not gonna happen. If you want to play as Revan go play Kotor I and the same goes for Exile and TSL. What I was getting at was just simply choosing the force allignment and gender is fine. Maybe a face or something, too. I know the Xbox 360 and most PCs out there are above-par for playing a next-gen game and size might not be a problem but its Kotor III and not Kotor SE. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to completely throw away Revan and the Exile, but a few cutscenes would be nice.

P.S- the name is the villiage idiot :)