KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

Well I posted my main idea in the Bioware forum...

Posted 03/04/07 13:50 (GMT) by mappalazarou

Hi everyone

I've discussed many possible storylines for KotOR III with my brother and we both agree that it should be made by either Bioware or Obsidian. Lucasarts have already said that neither the KotOR franchise or the SW: Battlefront franchise will be left behind - so there will be a KotOR III...YAY!!! :o:wub: :D :D :D

Anyways, our story involved the main character waking up on a refugee frieghter escaping the destruction of a planet along with loads of other refugee frieghters heading towards a 'refuge' created by the Sith as a sanctuary for them.

Some refugees on the frieghter realise that the Sith are evil and will only kill or enslave them when they arrive, so they go crazy and begin killing people on board trying to escape.

You, not remembering who you are because you're memories were badly damaged and you were injured in the destruction of the planet - pull out your lightsaber and begin fighting the crazy refugees.

Anyways after managing to escape the frieghter in an escape pod, the ship blows up and you crash land on another planet you were passing on your way to the Sith 'refuge'.

In a cutscene, it shows all of the other refugee ships reach the refuge - only to see it as a half-completed Star Forge being empowered by a black hole behind it. The Sith bring in all of the Refugees and use their living bodies to help power the gigantic space station. A load of ghosts belonging to ancient Sith Lords have been brought to the Star Forge via the Dark Side that resonates there and are planning to use it to do what Revan and Malak never could - bring down the Republic and the Jedi.

This is just an early concept we came up with, seeing the Sith as sort of Nazi's - destroying planets and sending survivors who have no idea where they are going to be killed for thier cause.

We tried to think of who the ghost Sith Lords should be, one of the first choices was Kreia lol

Anyways, what do you guys think that KotOR III should be about and what planets or places do you think should be in it?

:ermm::):)

It's just a basic idea for the beginning and I haven't really thought about the Revan, The Exile and the Unknown Regions story-arc yet...I was hoping you guys could help me out there.

KotORsig.jpg

I think I'd certainly like to see a grand final battle between the Mandalorians and Jedi order versus the Sith Empire. Except not over Coruscant, make it over Korriban or some planet within Sith space.

I would like to point out that this is entirely possible, as the "Old Republic" seen in eps1-3/6 is not the same one as in KOTOR I & II, since in Shatterpoint, Mace Windu says many times that the Republic is only a little older than Yoda ~ 1000 years (Yoda + ~ 100 years)

Edited by litesaber

I would like to point out that this is entirely possible, as the "Old Republic" seen in eps1-3/6 is not the same one as in KOTOR I & II, since in Shatterpoint, Mace Windu says many times that the Republic is only a little older than Yoda ~ 1000 years (Yoda + ~ 100 years)

Yoda is 900 years old, give or take a decade or so (Empire Strikes Back, Yoda gives his age by telling Luke that he wouldn't look as good as Yoda after 900 years. Incidently in the book version of Revenge of the Sith Yoda notes that he was trained by the Jedi who were around at the same time as Darth Bane-meaning that Yoda himself wasn't around when the Republic was formed.). 1000 Years ago was the time of Darth Bane, as well as the same period of time when the Republic shown in the films was formed. Coinsidence?, I have a feeling it isn't. Of course this does not mean that the Republic was formed because of the Sith 1000 years ago, nor does it mean that the Republic was destroyed during or just after Revan and the Exiles time. It could be that the Republic in the KOTOR games did indeed fall apart, or it could have just changed its name to something other than The Republic.

Whatever the case maybe there would be nothing to stop LA from having KOTOR 3 showing battles over Coruscant, aside from the 'Didn't we see that in the last film?' cries from some of the fans. I would be unhappy if they did show such a thing though, it would smack of running out of ideas to me, but as far as continuity goes there would be no problem.

Edited by Darth Mortis

This has been mentioned several times before with the event known as the "Ruusan Reformation"

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

you all seem to have left the understanding on what made kotor 1 so much better than kotor 2. sure it would be great if there was a giant battle but really the storyline doesn't connect and thats really why kotor 2 failed. you go from kotor 1 being about the republic had suffered a great defeat somewhere and is depleted which is when your on the last republic hope for a peaceful galaxy gets totally trashed and its you against the sith. when you got there it was like it felt true. you could sense that taris was declining the lower sith soldiers resented doing what they did [the patrol in the upper city cantina] and raiding the biker gangs hide out made you truly feel like an old west gun slinger. and it gave you the adrenaline rush that you couldn't get caught and your missions and how they were important contributed to the timeline. then you get to kotor 2 and it really doesn't make sense. then why do you have to stop kiera from getting on that planet. sure mabee she has force sensory through the galaxy but there really is no point and shes so old she'll probably die there. furthermore it doesn't make sense how a sith master can just loat around the galaxy save you then try to kill you at the end. kotor 3 has to show the end of the republic, what the 2nd failed to accomplish. a giant battle and a republic celebration just doesn't seem that fun. and when will we finally have a standard character so we start off were we left off instead of alll these random heros. and if you argue that the republic cannot die then you could have them die and then true followers of the republic start up the republic again on another discarded planet like the one with secret mandalorian base.

Guest The Architect
you all seem to have left the understanding on what made kotor 1 so much better than kotor 2. sure it would be great if there was a giant battle but really the storyline doesn't connect and thats really why kotor 2 failed. you go from kotor 1 being about the republic had suffered a great defeat somewhere and is depleted which is when your on the last republic hope for a peaceful galaxy gets totally trashed and its you against the sith. when you got there it was like it felt true. you could sense that taris was declining the lower sith soldiers resented doing what they did [the patrol in the upper city cantina] and raiding the biker gangs hide out made you truly feel like an old west gun slinger. and it gave you the adrenaline rush that you couldn't get caught and your missions and how they were important contributed to the timeline. then you get to kotor 2 and it really doesn't make sense. then why do you have to stop kiera from getting on that planet. sure mabee she has force sensory through the galaxy but there really is no point and shes so old she'll probably die there. furthermore it doesn't make sense how a sith master can just loat around the galaxy save you then try to kill you at the end. kotor 3 has to show the end of the republic, what the 2nd failed to accomplish. a giant battle and a republic celebration just doesn't seem that fun. and when will we finally have a standard character so we start off were we left off instead of alll these random heros. and if you argue that the republic cannot die then you could have them die and then true followers of the republic start up the republic again on another discarded planet like the one with secret mandalorian base.

What the hell is this, OPG with a new account? :shifty::sorcerer:

:)

KotOR is only better IN YOUR OPINION!!!

You do not speak for everyone else, and you make a weak argument, and mods, please don't delete this post.

I (and I'm not the only one) actually like TSL more than KotOR. Why?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?s=...st&p=748080

Edited by The Architect
Points can be made w/out the pictorial representation.

You do not speak for everyone else, and you make a weak argument, and mods, please don't delete this post.

I (and I'm not the only one) actually like TSL more than KotOR. Why?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?s=...st&p=748080

Absolutely. Architect, you already know how I feel about KOTOR. Sure, it's a good game. I enjoyed playing it, but I don't have the same feeling or enjoyment when I'm playing KOTOR in comparison to KOTOR 2. KOTOR 2 advanced on the mythology of the Force instead of painting it the overly boring and dreary picture of being a single black and white entity. The Force is much more than tthat.

To silver, that's your opinion. Not all of us on this board agree with you. I do not. When I go to play a KOTOR again, I play the second one because it makes me think more, makes things seem a bit more gray than just simply black and white.

K2 will always be my favorite of the two, as there are only two now and hopefully a third if LA is going to go ahead and let K3 advance on K2 (crosses fingers).

But, I respect your opnion and I am not going to say that you're wrong, simply that that is your opinion and you do not speak for all of us.

Oh, and it's Kreia. Please, if you're going to post, spell correctly.

I do know this, when you play TSL before playing KOTOR, KOTOR felt like the PT while TSL felt like the OT

In any case, I wouldn't mind being a Republic officer with a Hammerhead cruiser as my own ship in K3. :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I agree with you. In KOTOR 1 your purpose is to save the galaxy from a real Sith threat. In KOTOR 2 your purpose is to find and stop a few misbehaving Sith and Jedi Masters. Along the way you get to do some good or bad. Don't get me wrong, I like KOTOR 2. But there is no urgency to drive you to get this under control.

I think it may take a moment for some to see the difference in what itself was important in these games. 1 truly had a large galxay wide game feel. 2 was more like a after the fact bounty hunt on a few people that got away.

Edited by Watchman

I do know this, when you play TSL before playing KOTOR, KOTOR felt like the PT while TSL felt like the OT

In any case, I wouldn't mind being a Republic officer with a Hammerhead cruiser as my own ship in K3. :dragon:

Yeah, I have to admit that. However, you didn't really except any UI improves K2 did before you actually used them. K1's UI felt perfect for the game until K2. Main problem in getting back to K1 is UI, K2's is good as it can be for Kotor game.

Still, K1 is far supreme (yes, I'm still writing that damn long post where I'm summning up my feelings about K1 and K2. However the fact I got JE:SE today doesn't help at all finishing it)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's just a basic idea for the beginning and I haven't really thought about the Revan, The Exile and the Unknown Regions story-arc yet...I was hoping you guys could help me out there.

Perhaps. I write plotlines myself now and then. What I would advise you is that you do keep Revan and the Exile in the game. Killing them off is to cheap and also, you should be able to tell the game who Revan and the Exile were in terms of Gender / Alignment. You should also be able to select their faces. Those are top priorities.

Furthermore, your should think about what happened to the party members of Revan and the Exile. Do the party members of the Exile form a new Jedi Council? What if the Exile is DS?

I see that you start off as a Jedi on a refugee ship. It's good that you do have a lightsaber at the start. What I wonder, maybe you will explain it later but how did you stay undetected during say, the Shadow War. Why weren't you discovered by Darth Sion / Nihilus or Kreia?

Hard task? No, it can all be done. And before you wonder if it is difficult to select a face for Revan and the Exile in game, consider that you were able to select the model and color of your lightsaber in Kotor II before you stab it in the stone on Coruscant. A face for Revan and the Exile is exactly the same, they are just game objects.

Master Vandar lives!

Perhaps. I write plotlines myself now and then. What I would advise you is that you do keep Revan and the Exile in the game. Killing them off is to cheap and also, you should be able to tell the game who Revan and the Exile were in terms of Gender / Alignment. You should also be able to select their faces. Those are top priorities.

Furthermore, your should think about what happened to the party members of Revan and the Exile. Do the party members of the Exile form a new Jedi Council? What if the Exile is DS?

I see that you start off as a Jedi on a refugee ship. It's good that you do have a lightsaber at the start. What I wonder, maybe you will explain it later but how did you stay undetected during say, the Shadow War. Why weren't you discovered by Darth Sion / Nihilus or Kreia?

Hard task? No, it can all be done. And before you wonder if it is difficult to select a face for Revan and the Exile in game, consider that you were able to select the model and color of your lightsaber in Kotor II before you stab it in the stone on Coruscant. A face for Revan and the Exile is exactly the same, they are just game objects.

That's exactly what I've been thinking hawk.

To keep it the way that the player had wanted it or played it since they bought the other two games, the developers are going to have to let us choose what happened. For instance, you get to decide what happened to the people via dialogue and the game will begin to make the necessary changes to make it LS or DS based on what you said through the main character. You could easily pick a face from a simple questionnaire the game will throw at you like it did in the other two games before. As hawk said, it's not hard at all.

Speaking of the main character, it should be someone else. I don't want to play as the Exile or Revan again. They'd be too powerful (it would just be bad if they got knocked out and lost all their powers again) and it just wouldn't make sense as they would be in the Unknown Regions and that would be a conflict. Besides that, it would just be boring to be those characters again.

So, a whole new character is needed to end this, make it a trilogy, which SW is known for anyways. So, we end the game with a trilogy and we get to complete the series with three, different main characters.

I like your idea, hawk. And those are very good questions. Or maybe the person is a late-comer to the Force, or something like that.

Guest The Architect
I agree with you. In KOTOR 1 your purpose is to save the galaxy from a real Sith threat. In KOTOR 2 your purpose is to find and stop a few misbehaving Sith and Jedi Masters.

A few misbehaving Sith and Jedi Masters. :unsure::wacko::grin:

Do you realise that if the Exile didn't stop Nihilus then he would have consumed all life in the galaxy?

Unless a group of battle-droids, or another wound in the force popped up to stop the clown.

Still, K1 is far supreme IMO (yes, I'm still writing that damn long post where I'm summning up my feelings about K1 and K2. However the fact I got JE:SE today doesn't help at all finishing it)

Fixed. :shifty:

Still, it was an unnecessary fix, since I know that's just your opinion only, but meh, I just felt like it.

It

Edited by The Architect

What about if we play as Zayne for K3?

DAWUSS

If we were to play as Zayne, it will mean you are an allready established character. You are a Jedi Sentinel, you are a male, you have a preselected face. That's far to restrictive.

@Omelette, thank you for your comments.

Master Vandar lives!

More awesomeness from you. :thumbsup::yes:

You wouldn't believe how many times I've argued (in favour of) the above. ;)

I know, Architect. I know. It's just something that not many people realize. Keep up the good fight. :thumbsup:

KotOR III won
Edited by Omelette

I agree with you. In KOTOR 1 your purpose is to save the galaxy from a real Sith threat. In KOTOR 2 your purpose is to find and stop a few misbehaving Sith and Jedi Masters.

... Do you realise that if the Exile didn't stop Nihilus then he would have consumed all life in the galaxy? ...

Yes, I do. ;) But I always found the "consume all life" thing a bit corny. :thumbsup: So I have never taken it seriously. :thumbsup:

Edited by Watchman

Guest The Architect
If we were to play as Zayne, it will mean you are an allready established character. You are a Jedi Sentinel, you are a male, you have a preselected face. That's far to restrictive.

And that is why it's a no go on the Zayne as K3 PC idea DAWUSS.

@Omelette, heh I forgot. You probably already know what I

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect
I just never thought that I had anything useful or meaningful to say as most of you just share the same opinions. And then I decided one day...hmm...maybe I do have something to say that's worth some people reading these darned posts.

And yes, what you have to say is worth reading and listening to.

That and I'm just one of the laziest girls you'll ever know. I'm slow, too. But, now I'm here and that gives me a reason to celebrate all by myself. It's never too late, is it, Architect?

I fail to see how you're slow. But I could be wrong. :thumbsup:;) You shouldn't think like that.

I think I

Edited by The Architect

I just never thought that I had anything useful or meaningful to say as most of you just share the same opinions. And then I decided one day...hmm...maybe I do have something to say that's worth some people reading these darned posts.

And yes, what you have to say is worth reading and listening to.

That and I'm just one of the laziest girls you'll ever know. I'm slow, too. But, now I'm here and that gives me a reason to celebrate all by myself. It's never too late, is it, Architect?

I fail to see how you're slow. But I could be wrong. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You shouldn't think like that.

I think I

lol well for Revan and the Exile - I see no reason why you should see their faces; Revan has his cool mask from the first game and the Exile stole Nihilus's after kicking the crap outta him, so they could cover themselves with them. As for my idea, it was only very basic for the beginning of KotOR III...I have no major ideas for the rest of the game, although I do think that Kriea's ghost should appear in it.

KotORsig.jpg

Then I think you should assume that if you choose Revan and the Exile followed the Light Side in Kotor I & II that they fell or sacrificed themselves to the DS in the unknown regions.

Could you imagine a Darth Nihilus figure helping someone who has a bounty on his head?

Master Vandar lives!

Then I think you should assume that if you choose Revan and the Exile followed the Light Side in Kotor I & II that they fell or sacrificed themselves to the DS in the unknown regions.

Could you imagine a Darth Nihilus figure helping someone who has a bounty on his head?

Well Revan has those bronze Star Forge robes in KotOR I, and in KotOR II it could be Kriea-like robes. I mean that's if they're LS.

KotORsig.jpg