KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

I would honestly prefer a new fighting system, heck a different way to explore places!

As in jumping, courching, sliding, and even taking cover in a blaster fight instead of remaining in the open like an idiot. Then the balsters would actually hit people and stop missing 95% of their shots.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

We could always use a gratuitous love scene

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect
So noone can say if its coming out or not?

Anybody can say that KotOR III is or isn't coming out. :)

And yes, KotOR III will be made, because LucasArts does not want to "leave the KotOR franchise behind".

When is the question.

So noone can say if its coming out or not?

Anybody can say that KotOR III is or isn't coming out. :woot:

And yes, KotOR III will be made, because LucasArts does not want to "leave the KotOR franchise behind".

When is the question.

that phrase seems to be coming up a whole lot lately...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest Accept
that phrase seems to be coming up a whole lot lately...

And that's probably because it is the only information about KotOR 3 we have, so it's the only answer to all "Will KotOR 3 be made??" questions.

And yes - that question is asked a lot.

Edited by Accept

Translation;

*Meeting of LA's computer games department*

Suit one; "Next on the list, Knights of the old republic 3. When do we start to make it?"

Suit Two; "Well we could get a team together and start by the end of the week, of course we might have to hire a few more people"

Suit three; "Bugger that, lets wait until we have more people free"

Suit one; "And when will that be?"

Suit three; "Ohh, around 2010 if we rush the delelopment of games already being worked on. Of course we'd never do such a thing"

*Room laughs*

Suit one; "Ok, so 2010 it is, unless something more important comes up"

Translation;

*Meeting of LA's computer games department*

Suit one; "Next on the list, Knights of the old republic 3. When do we start to make it?"

Suit Two; "Well we could get a team together and start by the end of the week, of course we might have to hire a few more people"

Suit three; "Bugger that, lets wait until we have more people free"

Suit one; "And when will that be?"

Suit three; "Ohh, around 2010 if we rush the delelopment of games already being worked on. Of course we'd never do such a thing"

*Room laughs*

Suit one; "Ok, so 2010 it is, unless something more important comes up"

You hit it right on the head---that's exactly what's going on. But to continue, when Public Relations asks " What do we tell the fans who are clamouring for release/development news?" CEO: " Tell them that we won't leave the series behind. It means nothing, answers nothing, but will give them hope for the timebeing."

You might have a point if LucasArts would develope every game themself, they don't :lol:

There is nothing wrong with only bringing out two games per year, there are many companies who only have one game every two or three years. You can't accuse them of rushing games while at the same time criticising them for taking to long, that doesn't make any sense.

Apart from that, they commented on KOTOR III without being asked about it, that should be prove enough that they didn't just say that to appease the fans.

You might have a point if LucasArts would develope every game themself, they don't :lol:

There is nothing wrong with only bringing out two games per year, there are many companies who only have one game every two or three years. You can't accuse them of rushing games while at the same time criticising them for taking to long, that doesn't make any sense.

Apart from that, they commented on KOTOR III without being asked about it, that should be prove enough that they didn't just say that to appease the fans.

First off, I have never and will never critisize them for the quick release of Kotor 2. It may not be perfect, but at least I can play it instead of guessing whether or not it will ever be made.

Next, while drinking the LucasArts Kool Aid, tell me what would constitute being "too long" to you---5, 10 years?

Thirdly, I can critisize all day long when I see games like Thrillville taking priority over Kotor 3. Boy, they ceratinly hold you and I in high regard when they release a piece of garbage like that.

But hey, if all of that is alright with you, then god bless you. You are much more tolerant than me. Just sit back, be patient, build a roller coaster park, and accept whatever they decide to give you.

Yeah, let's rush K3 too! It will be messed up but at least I can play it, lol!

(edited for language by SteveThaiBinh)

LA doesn't develop K3 by themselves unless they're total idiots which they aren't.

And who you are to say that Thrillville is garbage? Boohoo, I can't get my favorite game immeaditly they suck and everything they do sucks boohoo snif snif whine whine.

Besides, since K3 isn't currently under development it's going to take AT LEAST two years from now, propably longer.

So, you better be tolerant unless you want release to be even worse condition than K2

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yeah, let's rush K3 too! It will be messed up but at least I can play it, lol!

LA doesn't develop K3 by themselves unless they're total idiots which they aren't.

And who you are to say that Thrillville is garbage? Boohoo, I can't get my favorite game immeaditly they suck and everything they do sucks boohoo snif snif whine whine.

Besides, since K3 isn't currently under development it's going to take AT LEAST two years from now, propably longer.

So, you better be tolerant unless you want release to be even worse condition than K2

Let me get this straight, Thrillville isn't garbage, but Kotor 2 is?

And as far as outsiders developing the game, that does make things easier on LA. If, in fact, they are going to shop out the game(like the last 2), they are not using their own resources(other than funding) or time on the project----so what's the holdup?

And I'm curious, what is your big problem with Kotor 2? From the sounds of your comments, you really hate it. No wonder you could care a less about #3. Maybe it was too dark for your tastes-----I guess that's why you thought Thrillville was "really neat". Since you like the happy cute games, try Candy Land----it's really exciting!

First off, I have never and will never critisize them for the quick release of Kotor 2. It may not be perfect, but at least I can play it instead of guessing whether or not it will ever be made.

Next, while drinking the LucasArts Kool Aid, tell me what would constitute being "too long" to you---5, 10 years?

Thirdly, I can critisize all day long when I see games like Thrillville taking priority over Kotor 3. Boy, they ceratinly hold you and I in high regard when they release a piece of garbage like that.

But hey, if all of that is alright with you, then god bless you. You are much more tolerant than me. Just sit back, be patient, build a roller coaster park, and accept whatever they decide to give you.

Oh, how nice, just because someone doesn't completely agree with you, you come up with rubbish like that?

As a matter of fact, apart from the KOTORs I haven't bought anything from LucasArts in the last few years. It's just that I don't feel the need to bash LucasArts for everything they do. If you make an assumption which has no basis whatsoever, I have every right to correct you without you overreacting in return.

Yeah, I guess every company should bring out their top products all at the same time, spending boatloads of money on them, instead of concentrating on one big game and some smaller ones, that definately makes sense. Perhaps George Lucas should have released all three new Star Wars movies at the same date, he surely would have made more money that way...

:(

Thanks for best laughs in long, long time :)

I have no idea if Thrillville is good or bad - it doesn't interest me at all so I haven't played it. It look like its some kind of amusement park management game (opinion based on quick googling). It might be very good in its genre or it can be very sucky one. I don't know.

You however stated it was sucky without explanation and when looking your post as a whole, it looks like reason was that LA was doing game which wasn't K3 and instead some lame "happy Candy land game".

That was biased and unjust claim. Besides, Thrillville has NOTHING to do with K3's development. LA wants to do other stuff too, not just SW. They've stated this, IIRC it was 1 or 2 SW games per year and X number of other games per year.

You get the picture? No? You should if you don't.... :woot:

Secondly, I love Kotor series. K1 is one of my favorite games ever and in its curent state K2 is great game already, but if it had all the cut content it should've had (hence I'm talking about K2 with TSLRP) it would've been at least in par of K1, I say propably even much better. Like K1 it would've been one of my favorite games ever and its not that easy to get in that list.

However, K2 is crippled and horribly hurt game. Only reason we ever may enjoy the game as it was ment to be is because of bunch of dedicated and wonderful people. Only reason Team Gizka is doing their magnificent work is their love for the game. No other. They (and no other modder) have no responsibility to anybody, If they would stop their restoration project you would have no right to bitch about it. They've been doing unimaginable favor to we all without any kind of payment or provision.

After TSLRP (in state game was ment to be) I'm quite sure it is much better even than awesome K1.

I guess I made my point understandable: I LOVE Kotor 2.

However, I don't want ANY game share fate of K2 and definetly not K3. Without proper development time its impossible.

You seem to want game ASAP, preferably with this second. I tell you something: unpatience and greed was what caused terribly short development of K2 and hence its failure.

Now, with K3 they would even have to code new engine and that's is something which is going to take long, long time.

There's no hope we will get DECENT K3 in shorter time than two years of development.

All we can hope is that LA has learned from its mistake (I actually believe it has, besides, OE is much bigger than when they first started to develop K2. LA can't push them around like that this time, they're too big now).

One of the biggest threat to K3 is idiotism that you represent currently. This is known as "everything to me right now right here and on a silver plate". When enough of this kind of whining reaches LA's ears, rushing will be sure.

We all should be grateful if we ever get K3, which we will, since Kotor is best selling series and means cash. However, it's not LA's most important title. Battlefront is.

Kotor fanatics must get things in right perspective. Outside of their circles Kotor isn't biggest thing in universe. It's quite big and remarkable crpg series, but that's it.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Oh, how nice, just because someone doesn't completely agree with you, you come up with rubbish like that?

As a matter of fact, apart from the KOTORs I haven't bought anything from LucasArts in the last few years. It's just that I don't feel the need to bash LucasArts for everything they do. If you make an assumption which has no basis whatsoever, I have every right to correct you without you overreacting in return.

(Edited for language by SteveThaiBinh)

Yeah, I guess every company should bring out their top products all at the same time, spending boatloads of money on them, instead of concentrating on one big game and some smaller ones, that definately makes sense. Perhaps George Lucas should have released all three new Star Wars movies at the same date, he surely would have made more money that way...

Well, if you haven't purchased anything from LucsasArts, then you must certainly agree with me. And I'm not bashing them for everything they do, I'm bashing them for what they have not done. And the movie analogy makes no sense. You had release dates and time frames for all three ahead of time(wow, how courteous).

But please, forgive my sarcasm. It just comes out when and apologist tries to correct me by creating excuses. But even if I did upset you, is that any reason for profanity----there are children who read these things! I will agree to disagree with you.

Xard

My god, that was long. I'm not sure if I calmed down due to your points or if the length of your post lulled me into serenity. Only joking. Your point is taken. However, mine is unclear. I am not one who wants everything---right here right now. If the they simply put the wheels in motion and stated that the process is rolling and it will be available on xx/xx/20xx, I'd be satified. I don't mind waiting if it's worth it. However, we are 3 years from the last one and still nothing. What kind of company doesn't plan years in advance? Even if they were going to start development in 2009 for a 2011 release, that would be in their business plan and it could be made public. My point, and here is where my frustration lies, is that I believe that it's not coming. But why all of the secrecy? They have a monopoly on all of this creative material and they'll just get to it if/when it's convenient. If they aren't making it then they should say as much so i and many others can stop checking to see if their are any blips of news regarding the subject. And if they are, say "We are! Look for it on July 9, 2013." Then I'll just circle the date and play som THRILLVILLE!!!!!!

Addressing your other topic, I like K2 better as a whole than K1----and I only have an XBOX. I'm considering going PC because all of your restoration talk intrigues me. But, as is, I really enjoy it.

I will say one thing: If the first (significant) thing about KOTOR III is in the form of a commercial (teaser trailer), you're going to see 35 clips of it on Youtube in the 24 hours following its airing

DAWUSS

According to you they ARE; as they WERE making K3 internal... before that idea got scrapped.

@JWEBSR: The reason why no releasedate is given is because that is impossible. First they need to find a dev to make it; then that dev has to buy/make an engine... then write down the plans... and only THEN you might have a planned amount of time it might take.

Otherwise it just gets pushed back and back and back; and do you want K3 to "go DNF" or even "S.T.A.L.K.E.R."?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I will say one thing: If the first (significant) thing about KOTOR III is in the form of a commercial (teaser trailer), you're going to see 35 clips of it on Youtube in the 24 hours following its airing

And I will be right there watching every one of them :teehee:

According to you they ARE; as they WERE making K3 internal... before that idea got scrapped.

@JWEBSR: The reason why no releasedate is given is because that is impossible. First they need to find a dev to make it; then that dev has to buy/make an engine... then write down the plans... and only THEN you might have a planned amount of time it might take.

Otherwise it just gets pushed back and back and back; and do you want K3 to "go DNF" or even "S.T.A.L.K.E.R."?

Actually its unclear how much LA was making K3 by themselves. They were planning it but nevertheless I still believe they would've given ultimate production of game to outside company (which atually means OE). IMO they were just doing preproduction in house.

It's not have been 3 years JWEBSR, K3 WAS UNDER DEVELOPMENT FEW YEARS AGO. However team got fired because LA greatly changed themselves internally. K3 team wasn't only who got fired, they were just "victims" of LA's evolution. To be objective they've published some good games. Mercenary kicked as and Empire of War was far from bad. That's why I'm more positive with LA now than (lets say) 6 months ago. And they can't push OE around like they could when with K2. For OE it was their first project which was vital for their surviving. Now however, they're bigger. Not nearly as big as Bioware, but not depentant of LA. Besides, I really believe they've learned their lesson.

However we're talking about LA so maybe just as stupid as before... :teehee:

And there's nothing special in K3 team getting shoe. They were (pre) developing HUGE title which would cost millions for LA. However it was in very beginning so it was only reasonable to cut such team. There was nothing special against Kotor. Many other projects shared the same fate.

The problem with what LA has said is that it could mean several things;

"We discuss this every few weeks but keep putting a decision off"

If they keep putting the decision to make KOTOR 3 too long, they will eventally get to the point where they start to argue that its no longer worth the time and money to make it. Why? Because no one seems interested......maybe because everyone who would have been interested in buying the game will have forgoten all about the KOTOR series, and attempting to re-release the first two games would be pointless-anyone who was going to buy it would have done so years ago.

"We're just not interested in making the game, but we'll let everyone think we are so they will continue to keep an eye on things we are developing"

This is a somewhat cynical view, I'll admit it. But they might figure that the people who would buy KOTOR 3 would also be the same people who would buy anything with 'Star Wars' on the box. In a way this would be an attempt to get free advertising as anyone looking for information on KOTOR games is highly likely to run across whatever new titles they happen to be making.

"We want to see which platforms it would be worth releasing the game on"

When the first two games came out there were, effectively, only three platforms LA would have considered producing games for-X-Box, Playstation and PC (and games released for the X-box tended not to be released on the PS as well). Now, however, LA has X-box, X-box 360, Playstation 3, Wii, handhelds and PC's to name just those that come straight to mind. All of these platforms are either new or have altered since the last KOTOR to the point that they might as well be new.

This creates several problems. First the more platforms you want to release your game on, the longer it takes-both for programming and for testing. As time equals money LA would want to have a good idea as to which of these platforms are likely to be more popular, and hence which have a better chance of selling enough games to make LA money. It would be understandable if LA was waiting to see how these new platforms do before deciding which ones to make the game for.

The second problem is experience. To get the very best out of a system you need to have an idea not only what a platform is capable of doing, but how to make it do what you want. Again, LA might be holding off deciding which systems they will release the game on until they have a better idea of what all the systems can do-which would mean sitting back and waiting for other games to be released. This would also allow them to get a better idea of how long it would take to program the game on different systems, which would give them a much better idea of how long it would take to produce the game.

"We don't want to get burned again"

After the complaints about the bugs and rushed development of KOTOR 2 it would be understandable if LA was wary of making a new game. What they might be doing is developing the basics of the game-getting a plot together, doing the basic designs for planets etc on the quiet. What they could be worried about is that if they do answer the question; 'Are you making KOTOR 3?' They will instantly be asked 'When is it going to be out?'. LA might have decided to play it smart by not answering the first question so they don't have to answer the second-that way there is less pressure to bring the game out early before it is ready. Part of the reason KOTOR 2 was released before it should have been was down to being asked when the game would be ready, and marketing pushing them even harder to release it now rather than later. If no one is asking 'When' It is out they can set a release date that is more realistic, and it doesn't matter if the game is not going to be ready for Christmas if no-one even knows its being worked on.