KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

Welcome to Kotor3: Ideas and Suggestions part 22! It's continuing mission is to have a place for the on-going discussions relating to K3. There is a lot of continued interest on this topic and keeping input centralised will have more impact and possible influence than multiple threads scattered throughout the forum. :o

While I know members who've been here a long time may find this discussion a somewhat elderly and done-to-death topic, please keep in mind that there are new members arriving all of the time, and to them, this might be a new and current topic of interest that they wish to discuss. Courtsey and hospitality to all members enhances the community and makes me smile - spam and trollish behaviour does not. So let's keep the posts on-topic, respectful and constructive in nature. If you don't wish to participate in K3 discussions, then DO NOT POST. :D

Have fun!

Here are the links to the past threads:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I would like to fight the "true sith". It is very rare that anyone in the Sci Fi universe ever thinks on a scale like multi-galaxies. But I do admit that all to often they fall short of the scale of it at this point. "The Last Star Fighter" had 30 very poor (and small) ships try it, but it was good for its time.

The correct scale would be in the hundreds of millions. I mean, we have about 40 million troops on Earth and we are not even space age. Multiply that by 1,000 planets (I think it was suppost to be alot more) and fleet that looks like a dense cloud (40 billion troops). By the time you get close enough to see the ships clearly, the cloud seems endless. One man can't pull the trigger enough times to shoot them all even if he hit and destroyed a ship with every shoot in rapid succession. And that has the makes for a truly awsume story!.

Of course our Jedi hero need not fight them all. He need only do his part and take out the top of the command chain and thus save the day. :o KOTOR 3 has the chance to be great. :banana: :starwars: :banana: :joy:

Like what, the Republic Armed Forces and Mandalorian Clans vs. the True Sith? I'd love to see that take place over Coruscant heh heh

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I think I'd certainly like to see a grand final battle between the Mandalorians and Jedi order versus the Sith Empire. Except not over Coruscant, make it over Korriban or some planet within Sith space.

Edited by Dace_Acier

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Come on Lucian, tell us what's going on! :starwars: <--- what an awesome smiley

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Ok, so this ties into the above. The parallels between the kotor trilogy and the 4-6 trilogy are pretty clear. Where: (LS CANAON)

Ep 4 ends with destruction of death star, a republic celebration, and a new set of heroes (luke, han, leia, chewy, etc)

kotor I ends with the destruction of star forge, a republic celebration, and a new set of heroes (revan, bastilla, carth, etc)

Ep 5 ends with a "cliffhanger", where han is captured, vader and luke are headed towards confrontation, last scene is of the ship...

kotor 2 ends with a (very mild) cliffhanger, where exile finds truth at malachor, and looks for the missing revan, last scene is of ship...

Ep 6 ends with plot resolution, confirmation about vader/luke, climax of luke turning vader, space battle and vader defeating palpatine, han and leia, republic celebration, etc

So based on history we should expect kotor 3 to contain

plot resolution about revan and his purpose as well as revan and bastilla, a final "big" battle (perhaps in multiple locations) between true sith and republic/jedi/mandalorians, hopefully more about exile and true jedi, as well as some sort of duel between revan and ultimate sith master, with the required republic celebration at the end

I'm sorry but Episode VI does not end with plot resolution the way it should've. If you take into account that Palpatine comes back the next day and all. If you choose not to show the Expanded Universe as part of that then yes, Episode VI did have plot resolution. But seeing as how that pattern does have some weight, I hope you're right.

Edited by Dace_Acier

The most important suggestion that Obsidian should consider is that they should set attainable goals that can be achieved before their deadline. Cool perks are nice but if they don't have time to complete them, those stuff'd probably end up in the cold storage just like the AK51 robots.

I think I'd certainly like to see a grand final battle between the Mandalorians and Jedi order versus the Sith Empire. ...

Ya, we know that the Mandalorians days are numbered, it would be cool, considering how they helped to start this mess, if they had a finnish that worked to restore pace in the galaxy. A last act of the Mandalorians at the end of K3 that restores the honor of the Mandalorians and gives them the greatest fight they ever had. I could dig that. :(

Come on Lucian, tell us what's going on! :starwars: <--- what an awesome smiley

Myself nor any of the moderators of this message board have the "inside scoop" of Kotor 3 being developed by Obsidian or anyone else for that matter.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ah well, it was worth a try. I didn't think you could tell me anything anyways.

- It would probably be easier if they had Revan and the exile(having found revan) return to republican space with the old sith empire at there heels, the threat which Revan was preparing for. This would negate the need to create a new galaxy or even new planets.

- The Mandalorians final blow out could be as part of a grand coalition of forces rallied to meet this new threat. This could include jedi's, the remaining old republic forces and even sith forces, the sith being leaderless and scattered due to no figurehead(Sith lord)

- The new alien threat would be the old sith empire who cannot wield the force but are immune, however this should be somewhat limited for the game. Material on this new threat(old sith empire) can be found in books and comics I think.

- There should be a new Jedi character who is the playable character, or even the disciple who is now a fully fledge jedi master. This would allow the exile to be actually named. New character could have some historical connection to Revan or the exile if it isnt the disciple. Perhaps a grey jedi who neither had much to do with the council or any jedi for that matter. A old pupil of jolee bindo when he went into self imposed exile.

- As for a new dark side nemesis, You could have an sith lord who was an aspiring sith lord during the first game and second game who took no part in the events but opted to observe and wait. This sith lord would have benefited from Kreia's teaching at Malachor V and Revan's as well. He/She could use the new situation which will be chaotic at first to further there own agenda's. For example siding with the new threat. He could even survive the whole ordeal, later to become palpatine's teacher(the knowledge of preventing aging etc). His patience, manipulating and behind the scenes behaviour having rubbed off on his future pupil. Though I admit that is probably taking a major liberty. Still though just a idea.

- The new threat are actually an alien race hence are neither Jedi nor Dark Jedi because these are different ideological forces of the same thing.

- The outcome of all of the above would be a victory for all allied forces against the old sith empire but at a cost....The mandalorians are 1 step closer to extinction, The sith and old republic armies are near non-existent and are in rapid decline hence paving the way for a weak republic which palpatine later exploits(the films original stories). No armies hence how he was able to take emergency powers and create chaos to which he was the apparant answer. This would canonize the whole thing a bit I feel.

-Hopefully the game is being deeply considered for production and will appear on either Xbox 360 or PS3 formats as I feel there definitely is a interest and market for this franchise.

-Dark side ending somewhat different, You rule the entire galaxy with a iron fist alongside the old sith empire etc.

PS> I apologise if many of them points have been mentioned before, I did not read all previous threads. In fact I hope they have been mentioned hence more weight has been lended to them.

Edited by JohnJay85

Hi JohnJay,

Welcome to the Obsidian forum. I guess it had been mentioned before but no worries, your idea's are good. What also had been mentioned before is that we probably wast our time on this thread since most of us believe the developers aren't reading this thread and we also never recorded one posting on it but sure, we do hope we are wrong and sometimes we just hope we are right.

I mean, some forummers come with IMO ridiculous idea's like they want to play as a non jedi. Well, I guess they haven't played Jedi outcast which clearly showed that a non jedi simply doesn't stand a chance against a Sith lord. Other proof of that is found in The Empire Strikes Back. As if Han Solo is a match for Darth Vader.

Anyway, I haven't posted on this thread for some time but I guess it wouldn't hurt to make a few points.

For storyline purposes I think it would be wise that we go a new main character who, unlike Revan and the Exile, somehow has the ability to destroy the True Sith. It is important because the main character, in every game (and I expect Kotor III not to be any different to that) is the most important character of that game because you are the one controling him/her.

To many they would think this person to be more powerful then Revan / the Exile. That however doesn't have to be the case. Maybe the Sith have some techniques in the Force which allows them to defeat / turn into ally / demoralize stronger opponents, who knows?

And who knows, our new main character may be able to resist or is immune to this technique the Sith have. Okay, this may be one strategy.

Others have come up with the plan that Revan went into the Unknown regions on his own because he wanted to create a Civil War among the Sith, or perhaps let the Sith believe Revan was the Sithari who would according to Sith legend destroy the Sith to let them become more powerful.

All good idea's IMO. We just have to wait what the developers will come up with.

For the rest of the game, I would like to see us being able to:

1) Like in Kotor II be able to say what Revan was in Kotor I in terms of gender and alignment being the most important. Optionals include face selection, lightsaber selection etc.. The same goes for the Exile.

Some have argued we should have both Revan and the Exile fall to the Dark side so Revan can wear his old mask yet while the Exile could wear Nihilus's mask. It would do, but I don't think we should underestimate the knowledge and power of the developers who are able to make different appearances the way we like it. Maybe I am not to demanding and would accept fixed male and female faces of both Revan and the Exile. A fixed alignment and gender however, that is a no go and would make me mad.

Why? because there are people (including myself) who are able to write a story which makes is possible to play the game without going Canon alignment and gender

2) In terms of gameplay I think it would be okay if we have certain improvements like:

A) Being able to chose your own species.

B) Being able to truely create your own lightsaber. I think Kotor II failed in this since you had to complete a few quests and really, how would people like Lorso or Husseff or Zherron come in the possession of Lightsaber parts. I think SW Galaxies did a good job with it. You had to find and harvest raw materials and from these materials create your own lightsaber. The quality of the materials defined how powerful the lightsaber would be. Another option would be to customize the style of the lightsaber with each it's own unique abilities but IMO that isn't a requirement but certainly a good upgrade.

C) Better graphics might suit the new gamers well but I think if Kotor III needs to be done to quick, like Kotor II, it isn't a necessary upgrade.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect

As you most likely know hawk, I agree with all of the above, except for a fixed male face for Revan and a fixed female face for the Exile. As you said, developers are creative. They can come up with heaps of excuses to keep their faces hidden or allow us to select their faces since it isn't much of a hassle or time consumer for the devs to implement anyway.

As just one of the many examples, they could say that Revan and the Exile had to wear protective gear (which includes covering their faces) because the surface of 'the dark places in the unknown regions' they explore contain poisonous fumes in which you need to wear protective gear to survive/explore the areas. Meh, something along those lines, you get the picture.

I would LOVE to see character like the high class prostitute from Queen's "Killer Queen". Just read lyrics and you understand why.

She keeps moet et chandon

In her pretty cabinet

let them eat cake she says

Just like marie antoinette

A built-in remedy

For kruschev and kennedy

At anytime an invitation

You cant decline

Caviar and cigarettes

Well versed in etiquette

Extraordinarily nice

Chorus

Shes a killer queen

Gunpowder, gelatine

Dynamite with a laser beam

Guaranteed to blow your mind

Anytime

Recommended at the price

Insatiable an appetite

Wanna try?

To avoid complications

She never kept the same address

In conversation

She spoke just like a baroness

Met a man from china

Went down to geisha minah

Then again incidentally

If youre that way inclined

Perfume came naturally from paris

For cars she couldnt care less

Fastidious and precise

Chorus

Drop of a hat shes as willing as

Playful as a **** cat

Then momentarily out of action

Temporarily out of gas

To absolutely drive you wild, wild..

Shes all out to get you

Chorus

Recommended at the price

Insatiable an appetite

Wanna try?

You wanna try...

How goddamn awesome romance option that would be!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

As you most likely know hawk, I agree with all of the above, except for a fixed male face for Revan and a fixed female face for the Exile. As you said, developers are creative. They can come up with heaps of excuses to keep their faces hidden or allow us to select their faces since it isn't much of a hassle or time consumer for the devs to implement anyway.

As just one of the many examples, they could say that Revan and the Exile had to wear protective gear (which includes covering their faces) because the surface of 'the dark places in the unknown regions' they explore contain poisonous fumes in which you need to wear protective gear to survive/explore the areas. Meh, something along those lines, you get the picture.

I hope you are right and true, it would be better if we could select their faces.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered something. In Kotor II we were able to select the Exile's lightsaber type and color. Now, how different is it to select a face? Not a big difference IMO

Edited by hawk

Master Vandar lives!

Uhm... yeah

"Hi, I'm random NPC X! What face did main character of previous title (which you might've not played) have?

Male face 01?

Male face 02?

Male face 03?

Male face 04?

.... And if he was she, what then?

Female face 01?

Female face 02?

etc."

:verymad:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Or they could have KOTOR 3 looking on the memory of the computer/console at any saved games from the first two games and take the faces from them, clothing is hardly a problem as it can be assumed Revan and the Exile changed clothes at some point. If there are no saved games then the computer can always randomise a face for Revan/Exile thats connected to their gender and alignment.

Randomizing just because there are no save files is a really bad idea. There are lots and lots of players who don't have a save game available, no need to anger customers by telling them what their characters looked like.

Letting the player choose the appearance can be done quite easily, even incorporated into the story without missing a beat. There are lots of options availalble, both before the game starts or during play.

Yeah, I don't really know why I didn't think about this sooner. We could choose how the Exile's lightsaber looked so why shouldn't we be abl;e to select a face for Revan and the Exile. Essentially, it is the same thing. A face or the model and color of the lightsaber? For a game, they are the same thing: they are objects!

This also menas that in a possible Kotor III plot Revan and the Exile doesn't necessarily have to fall to the DS in order to wear a mask which makes it easier for the developers, they just have to include some dialogue and maybe a screen where you could select a face. As for clothing? I think we can assume they both wear some customary robes. Perhaps different robes if they are DS or LS.

Master Vandar lives!

Yeah, but there are many faces that have to be taken into consideration. And how will you be able to see what your Revan/Exile/Whoever looks like until you meet them? What if you pick the same face as your current character. Lightsaber color is fine, but I think people's faces are a little hard to intertwine into the mix.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus