God of War II

Pope

I'm not saying platforming, in general. I'm talking about the ridiculously frustrating platforming the first had. Climbing up a rotating cylinder where if you even look at the flat side of a blade out of the corner of your eye you fall down. Or climbing across beams with saws coming at you while Kratos wobbles like he's been drinking all night. Or jumping back and forth 3 bloody times across the same moving platforms and saws, one time from a bad camera angle, and another time on a timer.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm not saying platforming, in general. I'm talking about the ridiculously frustrating platforming the first had. Climbing up a rotating cylinder where if you even look at the flat side of a blade out of the corner of your eye you fall down.

That was hell, but was a good test of the platforming mechanic up to that point. It wasn't terribly hard, but then again, I'm an obsessive player of platformers (since before even Mario, IE pitfall) and so it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. My friend got driven utterly stupid though.

Or climbing across beams with saws coming at you while Kratos wobbles like he's been drinking all night.
I can confirm such segments are in God of War 2 and one in particular looks a bit harder than the first games (You have to avoid burning planks falling down above you).

Or jumping back and forth 3 bloody times across the same moving platforms and saws, one time from a bad camera angle, and another time on a timer.

Yes, that is also present and in fact you even have to swing using the blades from pieces of broken masonry onto them at times.

Both of these I've seen in gametrailers segments that they released. I don't think they'll stick to the stupid rotating blades of clippage death though.

Edit: I like these sorts of challenges incidentally. Especially because on hard it means the environment is a pain, the enemies are and so are the bosses. I'm glad I never played through God of War on easy/medium first before getting to certain bosses, or it would have ruined the almost 'old school' vibe I got from having to rote learn certain patterns. Good times.

Edited by Aegeri

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I got enough of silly, almost cheap, challenges playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy where Shao Khan will occasionally spam that ramming move over and over until you die.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking through some of the gameplay videos over at gamevideos.com and I was surprised you could take on the

legendary greek hero, Perseus,

as a boss. What made me giddy was that

Perseus had his trademark invisibility helm.

I wonder if Kratos will have many encounters like that.

It would make the game very interesting.

Heracles that tries to rape you? ;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gamespot review: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/re....php?pid=932295

And good news for PSP owners:

Foremost amongst Barlog's revelations was new information about the God of War PlayStation Portable game, which was initially revealed by a flyer inside boxed retail copies of God of War II. Unlike fellow PSP fantasy-action-adventure Prince of Persia Revelations, which was merely a reworked version of the console title Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Kratos' first portable adventure will feature an original story.

"We're not gonna do a port," emphasized Barlog. "This isn't gonna be God of War I on the PSP, this is gonna be an all new adventure that ties into the overarching story. So if we go on to make a God of War III, the PSP [version] will tie directly into what we're doing in the overall story. ... My big strategy for this entire franchise is that there's never going to be some solo, separated thing. Everything's going to deal with the overall plot."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ent...estnews;title;0

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Goddammit, I have to wait until April 20th (Stoner's New Year lol)

and my friggin birthday...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have tried the demo..and it kick ***

*Spoiler*

Ine the demo...you are fighting a huge golden statue..that Athena bring to life with her magic

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

boy... this game is certainly a doozie in terms of difficulty again... This will be intersting. (had it for two hours and counting.)

friggin cyclops' got a power boost. Although the pegasus fights are cool as hell.

...just finished me second run-through o' GoW 2 an' I's gotta say holy snappin' Hells this li'l beauty be a blast!!...canna wait fer GoW 3!!... :sweat:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

• 2 weeks later...