Vista?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to upgrade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, Halo3 requires Vista...
    • Yes, X requires Vista
    • Not untill I have to...

Well, I am buying my new PC in piecemeal and I am starting with the OS. So, I will be buying Windows Vista, may the Gods of Computing help me! :o

Better watch it, installing the OS on an old computer and upgrading it after could be a problem. You may find it will not tranfer and get revalidated. I have heard of 3 instaces of this already. (but not with your exact situation) Try the OS last to be safe.

Also, right now, there are alot of problems with custumer service and keys given on the family discount. The keys were bad and Microsoft refused to fix it. I think Vista is a problem child right now. I'll look at getting it..., later.

Edited by Watchman

Well, I got Vista installed on my pathetic little eMachine. No problems... yet.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Are you aware that if you activate it on the eMachine, you won't be able to activate it on another computer without a MAJOR hassle?

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I imagine it won't be any bigger hassle when I transferred my Office programs to the eMachine. Had to call a service rep in India to get it activated. Not that big of a deal.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I'm sure vista will be a huge pos so I doubt i'll get it unless I absolutely have to and I wont be paying some inflated 200 dollars for it or however much it is.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I will say this much so far, it is definitely faster than XP getting around on the computer.

Unless your XP was also freshly installed, that's probably an illusion caused by a clean install.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Unless your XP was also freshly installed, that's probably an illusion caused by a clean install.

Its not a clean install. I installed Vista over XP because I didn't want to reformat my harddrive.

One thing that kind of disturbs me is that Vista thinks NWN2 is a rated M game. ;)

Edited by Sand

My OS pwns your OS

desk2.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My OS owns you all! (Linux is catching up behind Vista in eye-candy department)

Introducing Beryl: OpenGL accelerated desktop.

Transpareny, blur, "wobbly windows", fade effects for drag, minimize/maximize, etc.

transparencyxu8.jpg

wobbledragyb9.jpg

Taskbar previews are animated. So are the Alt+Tab previews.*

animatedtaskbarze5.jpg

Expos

Yes, but can the new Linux run NWN2 without additional software?

Edited by Sand

Ive got a friend who does the same thing and also run XP on Vista with VMware. VMware lets you run XP in a virtual machine and thus, every program that is supported by XP. Its great :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Diamond, scooped me on Beryl. I should probably get that running on my 200MMX, try that with Vista AeroGlass--which isn't even included in the basic package :lol:

Cooler unnecessary effects: screenshottt7.th.png

Most importantly the 3d Desktop:

cubewh0.th.png

Speaking of new operating systems...great word of mouth on PCLinuxOS (I think it's KDE-Beryl as default). First release version hitting soon.

Edited by Lokey

Just what I needed, another forum to keep up with.

Neversummer PW

Without additional software? No.

With Cedega? Yes.

But unlike Vista it doesn't cost $240 =]

$240 my friend? No no no. Go to newegg.com and you can get Home premium for $119. I'm not an all out Vista fan, but hey it is the new OS and you gotta get it to use DX 10. So while I dont plan on upgrading right away, I'm sure I will in the near future.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg