Vista?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to upgrade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, Halo3 requires Vista...
    • Yes, X requires Vista
    • Not untill I have to...

Yes, that's commonly known history. I meant to say I currently consider Vista to be an unnecessary upgrade, like I did WinME. There'll be another edition of Windows so long as Microsoft continues to exist. It's just a matter of when. I see no reason why they should stop now; they've had a regular upgrade schedule (more or less) since releasing their first DOS product back in the 1980s.

Except that ME was kind of squeezed in between releases. It was easy to avoid purchasing ME because there was talks of Whistler already out there.

Edited by alanschu

Another site's pole had less than 5% of the members voting to upgrade in the near future, so I think there's a general consensus that Vista isn't worth the money at the current time...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

... there's no way in hell I'm letting that piece of Malware get within miles of my PC ...

I felt the same way about Windows when it was first released - it took a long time before I believed that Windows was anything more tnan a virus they made you buy. Ultimately it came down to being able to do some work at home and compatibility issues.

If you can afford to not have faith in "the man" - and I know the issue is way more complex than that - more power to you. I'm happy that the open source community is alive and well, but Black Hat hackers and conspiracy theorists (yes, I know many of the conspiracies are based in some fact) are more scary to me than "big brother".

I'd still like to build a more next-generation pc soon, since I'm still on an older one, but I'm kind of deciding that since I haven't been using the pc quite as much lately, it may wait until I do need Vista for something, which probably won't be too soon.

I've been resistant to changing the MS O/S every single time...but I always do it eventually, thus I never say never.

Unified OS upgrade is no longer something most users care about or want to go through.

I know I don't want to go through it and never did and I'd agree that the general public is probably pretty tired of it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Aw crap, I hope I don't get shafted. On the plus side, I do get a free upgrade to Vista Premium.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I am backing up all my important files before installing. Then I am going to do a clean install, not a upgrade install.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I wont be getting Vista until I cant run the software I need on XP anymore. I love the look of Vista, but its bloated and the copy-protections built into it scare me.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Both probably.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I wish they'd just write a good operating system and quit trying to play police. Linux is getting more and more user-friendly while Windows is going the opposite direction. I can see myself switching in the next few years at the rate things are going.

I wish they'd just write a good operating system and quit trying to play police.

I don't think it has anything to do with writing a good operating system or playing police. I think it has more to do with monopolising the distribution and use of digital media. [/scepticism]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein