Vista?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to upgrade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, Halo3 requires Vista...
    • Yes, X requires Vista
    • Not untill I have to...

The last option. Since Windows is still the biggie OS, I assume I'll have to get it "someday..." :brows:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No. WindowsXP works fine for me, why change?

O NOES! I need that uber video card that has DX10 and that other bloody nonsense.

Not really. I'm not some techno nerd that has the money to buy the latest new toy.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'll upgrade after DX10 cards are well set in the market and I upgrade my computer entirely. So, that could be a year or two.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'll have it in a week or two, Because that's what come on Dell laptops when you buy them now I guess.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Our university will have Vista on all the computers on campus by the end of the month. I'll give in a whirl, but no way am I buying it in the forseeable future.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Once they tie me up and place me in front of the firing squad unless I swear allegiance, I'm not likely to. Not for "gaming" or "media" reasons anyway. Using my computer for traditional media was/is an added bonus, not the purpose for which I got it. DRM can rot in hell for all I care :(

Since PC games are becoming increasingly rare (at least it appears so), dx10 is not a motivator. I need games, I'll go look for wii, ps3, whatever.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Seems to me like it'll be like the inevitable step in everyone's life that is getting a job. You may postpone it and kid yourself all you want, but eventually you'll have to get around to it...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My current box is doing just fine - has been for a couple of years yet - but it's too old to upgrade efficiently.

So, when I start to really feel the pain of having a two-generations-old gaming machine (I haven't bought a new game in a while), I'll be dropping the cash for a new rig. Might as well dive into Vista then, but I won't be upgrading any of my XP machines (my laptop, my wife's laptop, or my current game box).

I already have it through my MSDN subscription. However, I am not going to install it until SP1 comes out, and even then it'll be on a secondary partition.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Not until I have to, which may be never if I hold out until Vista's successor arrives, like I did when WinME came along. I'll play the wait and see game, and keep my eyes on reviews.

Well, when WinME came out, Whistler was on the horizon. Whistler was the codename for Windows XP. I'm unaware of any other consumer operating system in development by Microsoft at the moment.

Common tongue - no more mega releases ... they are not cost effective and the Open-Source model promises to offer commercial products a more steady and constant stream of income if followed correctly ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Games on Linux: MS - for all of the criticisms - continues to offer the most integrated cross-spectrum stable OS for hardware. Apple pales and Linux stutters in this regard ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Not until I have to. There is nothing about Vista that seems like an obvious improvement over Windows XP. Hefty price included. The machine I am writing this on has been on for 93 days without a crash or a restart. It's Windows XP Pro SP2 Swedish.

I read an article today about a feature in Vista that's supposed to make it possible to update drivers and Vista specific libraries without having to reboot your computer. Vista had six updates today. Five of those needed you to restart your computer! Unbelievably bad! That, together with the insane system demands, the high price point for Vista, the unavoidable billions of bugs introduced with every new OS, the bad driver support, the DECREASE in game performance compared to XP, the non-existent DirectX 10 games, the ridiculously Nazi-like DRM system, the constant battle against pop-up warning windows, and so on and so forth.. really makes Vista seem like a huge disappointment and NOT something an ordinary computer user would need.

I really hope some clever coder manages to incorporate DirectX 10 features into Windows XP. Microsoft says it's impossible (naturally, since they want you to buy their new overpriced OS), but we won't know that until someone has at least tried.

I've never been so underwhelmed by a new OS before. And I even installed Windows ME on a computer once!

Check out this recent comparison (using both games and common applications) between XP and Vista:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/29/xp-...ista/index.html

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!