You look pretty cute in that skirt. :sorcerer:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

FO:T is a good tactical squad based combat game, but a poor Fallout game.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I made a raging halfling build.

post-17979-1170349851_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1170349887_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1170350675_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

FO:T is a good tactical squad based combat game, but a poor Fallout game.
LOL

It's a tactical squad combat game. It's a Fallout game. By your own admission, it's a good tactical combat game. How can it be a bad Fallout game if it's good?

Doublethink at its finest.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Oh, that is simple. Game mechanics are sound and would be a good engine to use in an actual Fallout CRPG, with some tweaking. The problem it has, for being a poor Fallout game, is that it breaks canon on number of points and fails to keep it in the style of the Fallout setting.

Facts? I am merely voicing my opinion. You may or may not agree with me, but that is your perogotive.

No, I mean, present facts, and then we can discuss your interpretation. Heh, there might even be some obscure stuff in the game that I didn't notice.

Or are you saying your opinion is completely baseless?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You have already made up your mind on whether my opinion is baseless or not and no amount of convincing you otherwise will change that. Suffice to say I played FO:T way back when it was first released and they way it handled the Brotherhood of Steel, the purpose of the Vaults, and the myriad of other aspects of the game's story did not mesh well with what was established in Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

Can you step out of character for just a moment and be more specific?

Because, in fact, it's looking more and more like it's you who is entrenched in a set opinion, that no amount of discussion can affect.

But who am I kidding anyway. You are Hades after all.

Edited by 213374U

I really can't be more specific than that because I haven't played the game for years. Just how they set up the Brotherhood of Steel in that game is contrary to Fallout 1 and 2.

Well, an in-game explanation is given for the way this branch of the BoS operates. An explanation that meshes well with the BoS plot from FO2 in which their sectarian philosophy has caused their numbers to dwindle to the point of having to outright abandon some of their outposts.

I don't see how that's irreconcilable with the canon established in FO and FO2, really.

Obviously there is more to it than just that, numberman, but as I said its been years since I have played it and I have no interest in digging in my closet to go over it again in more detail. Suffice to say that it was not Fallout enough for my tastes and this is way off topic for this thread.