NFL Season 2006

Fionavar

LOMG LIVE PEYTON MANNING!

In your face, Choker Lovers! The only chokers are the Anti Mannings!

"I was about to post the same thing. I do not understand this guy's popularity."

Not whiny; competitive.

If people wouldn't attack him personally, and bash him so much for 'choking'; he likely wouldn't be like that.

He's popualr cause he's a likeable guy, and on top of that he's one of the best QBs - if not the best - to ever play the game. And, now he has a SB ring to slam dunk it.

No more talk about how 'he cna't win the big one'.

IN YOUR FACE MEDIA, IN YOUR FACE!!!

P.S. Grossman played pretty well until the 4th quarter. The Bears defense didn't play as well as they could have.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hey, leave K alone. his team did make the super bowl. How many of OUR teams made the Super Bowl? :blink:

Well for me, it'd be 5... :lol:

But since the Steelers didn't make it the playoffs this year, I rooted for the Colts. So yeah. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dark Moth

Sure I'll play

Scary :thumbsup:
What are ya 12
Not whiny; competitive.
Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, hell even Bret Favre - That is competitive. You do not see these guys rolling there eyes, crying to the sidelines, and genuinely being a gloomy gus because someone had the nerve to drop the ball or call the wrong play.
He's popualr cause he's a likeable guy
? You may be drinking the kool-aid but I say no to drugs.
and on top of that he's one of the best QBs - if not the best - to ever play the game.
Talk to me after he has won 2 or 3 more rings, if you have not overdosed by then.
And, now he has a SB ring to slam dunk it.
He currently is in the top 10 all time, however Mr. Dilfir and Brad Johnson among others has the same number of rings.
GOT HATE ?
P.S. Grossman played pretty well until the 4th quarter. The Bears defense didn't play as well as they could have.
The most intelligent thing you said in your entire rant. However, with Rex at QB you could tell the Bears never had a chance, if they fell behind.

"I would like to see the bears win this game, but I think the colts will most likely take this hard fought contest. colts 24 - bears 21."

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...=46034&st=0

I was close had the winner, however it was not as close as I thought it might me.

The funny thing about this game is you finally saw Manning listen to his coaches and follow the game plan, and they finally won the big game. Congratulations to the MVP Manning and the rest of the Indianapolis Colts :banana:

Edited by Kelverin

"He currently is in the top 10 all time, however Mr. Dilfir and Brad Johnson among others has the same number of rings."

He's definitely top 5. He was already an easy top 10 even with a Super Bowl.

And, hey, people wanted to call Manning a choker before so they deserve to have his victory rubbed in their face. Everyone whined that it wans't about stats; but SB victories. Well guess what? He's got the SB ring so they cshould all apologize to him. Of course they won't; but they should.

Choke? Choke on Manning's SUPER BOWL RING! I'd finish that meaner; but gotta keep it clean.

This is nearly even sweeter than a Giant SB win!!! :blink:

P.S. I am 1 years old. :thumbsup:

"I was about to post the same thing. I do not understand this guy's popularity."

Not whiny; competitive.

If people wouldn't attack him personally, and bash him so much for 'choking'; he likely wouldn't be like that.

He's popualr cause he's a likeable guy, and on top of that he's one of the best QBs - if not the best - to ever play the game. And, now he has a SB ring to slam dunk it.

No more talk about how 'he cna't win the big one'.

It's like watching a psychopath rant about his demented fantasy world.

And until the 4th quarter? Were you watching the game? He screwed up constantly from the start of the second quarter.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

One thing my 'demented fantasy world' and the 'real world' have in common is Peyton Manning is a Super Bowl Campion! I cna live with that. CHOKE ON THAT RING ANTI MANNINGS!!!

P.S. Grossman played well 'til near the end. And, guess what? The Bears D outside of a few turnovers, weren't exatcly playing their best either.

Edited by Volourn

He's definitely top 5. He was already an easy top 10 even with a Super Bowl.
Nope :thumbsup:

Kelverins Top Rated Quartebacks

1. Joe Montana 1979-1994

2. John Elway 1983-1998

3. Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983

4. Tom Brady

5. Dan Marino 1983-1999

6. Dan Fouts 1973-1987

7. Warren Moon 1984-2000

8. Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964

9. Johnny Unitas 1956-1973

10. Payton Manning

11. Brett Farve

12. Otto Graham 1946-1955

13. Bart Starr 1956-1971

14. Troy Aikman 1989-2000

15. Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974

16. Joe Namath 1965-1977

17. Bob Griese 1967-1980

18. Roger Staubach 1969-1979

19. Jim Kelly 1986-1996

20. Steve Young 1985-1999

21. Len Dawson 1957-1975

22. Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978

23. George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975

24. Bobby Layne 1948-1962

25. Sid Luckman

EDIT - Forgot Brett Farve

Edited by Kelverin

I'd switch Steve Young and Jim Kelly. But that's really just nitpicking. :o

The most important thing about the Super Bowl was that Prince tore it up. Seriously, that girly man can shred on the gee-tar.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The most important thing about the Super Bowl was that Prince tore it up. Seriously, that girly man can shred on the gee-tar.

I concur.

Also important: the officiating was quite good. Nobody wants to go through the round of (quite legitimate) griping about the refs that followed last year's big game.

The Bears D outside of a few turnovers, weren't exatcly playing their best either.

They were on the field practically all game. Remember Tillman's strip and recovery? Grossman fumbles it out of the snap the next play. You can't do that and win.

The run defense was suspect, a symptom of being tired, but their secondary was generally good (surprisingly)

The run defense was suspect, a symptom of being tired, but their secondary was generally good (surprisingly)

Except for the play where Danieal Manning decided that it wasn't necessary to be within 10 yards of Reggie Wayne while he was running a deep post route.

Would it be wrong to make an MVP vote for Rex Grossman, IND? Once Indy realized that Evil Rex had come to play, they went very conservative, happily taking FGs and squibbing the kickoffs beause they knew that the Chicago offense was no threat.

Edited by Enoch

Ah, don't blame it all on poor Rex. His offense didn't see the field too often - as was mentioned earlier - and when they did they lost the line of scrimmage constantly. He might have killed a drive by slipping on his drop once or twice, but that alone doesn't lose the game for the Bears.

The Indy O-line really destroyed the Bears up front, as evidenced by the Colts' rushing tandem of Rhodes (113 yards rushing) and Addai (77 yards rushing, plus 66 more on 10 catches). It really is harder to shed blockers when you can't get good traction on the turf, but the weather is the same for both defenses.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Rex Grossman didn't really have a chance. He's like a young QB going up against one of the best who had everything on the line. Grossman will be back one day. The Bears should definitely stick with them unles they can get an upper echelon QB for a y ear. Perhaps someone liek Garcia who is likely depsite beinga wesome gonna be thrown in the trash by Philly.

Rex Grossman didn't really have a chance. He's like a young QB going up against one of the best who had everything on the line. Grossman will be back one day. The Bears should definitely stick with them unles they can get an upper echelon QB for a y ear. Perhaps someone liek Garcia who is likely depsite beinga wesome gonna be thrown in the trash by Philly.

Garcia is only a legitimate option for teams running a 'West-coast' style offense like the Eagles do. He'd be pretty useless in the deep-ball centered passing game that Chicago uses.

They could chnage it to suit him unless the coaches are thaqt inempt. What hurt the Baesr this year offensively were the turnovers which is something Garcia is really good at avoiding espicially this season. Remember, with Chicago, a QB doesn't have to win on their own, they just can't lose it.

congrats to manning and the colts ...... although i believe that either of their running backs deserved mvp over manning, you could of guessed from the get go who was gonna be mvp.

still nice to see the colts finally win a superbowl ....... not just manning but the whole team as it truly was a team effort