BugZ

Fionavar

I'm using what I think is the default skin; black/dark gray background with dark blueish bars, etc. The Upload, Toggle Side Panel, and various post editing buttons (the ones with text labels) have the text in a color very much the same as the button's background color, which makes the text hard to read. I have no trouble seeing the buttons with icons (instead of text) on them.

Edit: when using quick edit, the following buttons are hard to read: Complete Edit, Cancel Edit, Use Full Editor.

Edited by Wistrik

Wistrik:

Quick Edit: Those buttons should be quite clear as they are white in contrast the blue skin - can you confirm?

Toggle button, et. al.: Is it possible to get a screen pic, as this echoes my confusion as above. What browser & version are you using Wistrik?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Here is a sample screenshot.

I have this issue with IE 6 (with all security updates, etc), IE 7 (all security updates, etc.) and Firefox 2 (current version).

Another one I found while adding the screenshot: the filenames in the Manage Current Attachments dropdown menu are also hard to read: light gray text on slightly lighter gray background.

Thanks for this - admin is currently working on addressing the new elements that are not currently part of the skin prior to the upgrade. I would ask that you keep this challenge close at hand and let me know, once the tweaks/new skinned .gifs are put in place whether things are better - okay Wistrik?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

There are two smilies with the "ninja" tag.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Will do, Fionavar.

I take back what I said about Firefox and IE7

Firefox 2.0.0.1 (screenshot), IE7 (looks identical) Quick Edit controls look just fine.

Firefox 2.0.0.1 (screenshot), IE7 (looks identical) "Manage Current Attachments" dropdown menu (light gray on light gray still persists.) You can also see that the Upload button is a bit hard to read.

Firefox 2.0.0.1 (screenshot), IE7 (looks identical) forum selection dropdown menu. It looks great on these browsers, but is hard to read in IE6 (what I use at work)

This may be an issue with (X)HTML compliance; IE6 isn't as compliant as IE7 or Firefox.

Edited by Wistrik

• 2 weeks later...

The :)" smiley doesn't need the quotation marks ("). As a result, all I need is eyes and a nose to make someone whistle!!! :-

This is unforgivable, and without immediate fix WILL result in action. Action of a very hostile nature!

Edited by alanschu

The :)" smiley doesn't need the quotation marks ("). As a result, all I need is eyes and a nose to make someone whistle!!! :-

This is unforgivable, and without immediate fix WILL result in action. Action of a very hostile nature!

690px-WhistlersMother.jpeg

She is not happy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The :blink:" smiley doesn't need the quotation marks ("). As a result, all I need is eyes and a nose to make someone whistle!!! :woot:

Not only that but :sad: is now : sad :! That's three more keystrokes than :(. Don't even get me started on how many extra keystrokes there are for :p. :)