BugZ

Fionavar

How many which? Smilies or skins?

Smilies 15-20 before you have to show all.

Skins? 3-4. Half with dark backgrounds and some with lighter backgrounds. I know some people complain about a dark board background with white text.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

We also seem to be missing 10 smilies from the list. When you just go through them by pressing the "Next" button you only get 40 of the 50 smilies.

This should be better now - yes?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

We also seem to be missing 10 smilies from the list. When you just go through them by pressing the "Next" button you only get 40 of the 50 smilies.

This should be better now - yes?

I'm still only getting 40 of them, but someone of them have been swapped out. For example, I can now seen :'( instead of :brows:

Edited by Deraldin

Just a bit in need o' clarification: Do you have to approve friends via email, ala forum registration confirmations, or do you do it here, on the board? I got an email about somebody wanting to be my friend, trashed it (probably something I shouldn't have done) and then came here to approve / deny / whatever. But there was nothing here about friends.

Maybe they just cancelled.

1. The visual theme of the post a message window clashes with that of the board (not so pretty, but I like the new functionality).

LostStraw - could you explain this more clearly please?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

A bug:

When trying to view my attachment (clicking on it) in the "Post Preview" it popped up a new window (which was resized to the size of the picture):

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information."

"The error returned was: Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Edit: However when going back to edit my post, viewing my atachment through the "Post Preview" worked just fine.

LostStraw - can you tell me what browser you are using? Can you recreate this issue in another browser?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I'll respond to both at once :wacko:

1. The white buttons on the blue gradient background stick out like sore thumbs to me. I find it visually unappealing in that it doesn't really flow with the rest of the forums.

2. I was using Firefox 1.5 but I'll chronicle my efforts in IE 6 now (I don't think it's browser specific).

Start a new post:

a. insert picture into post.

b. go to "post preview".

c. click on picture in the "post preview" section to try opening it.

post-1424-1170235286_thumb.jpg

d. get error message in new pop up window.

post-1424-1170235459_thumb.jpg

e. post the message (viewing the picture now works fine)

f. go back into and edit the post and "post preview" again.

g. click on picture in the "post preview" section to try opening it.

h. picture shows up fine and there's no error message.

Just a bit in need o' clarification: Do you have to approve friends via email, ala forum registration confirmations, or do you do it here, on the board? I got an email about somebody wanting to be my friend, trashed it (probably something I shouldn't have done) and then came here to approve / deny / whatever. But there was nothing here about friends.

Maybe they just cancelled.

In every member's My Controls section:

There is a link to Manage your friends list (launches new window). (The mail is just a notification and can be trashed safely.)

One may also select to automatically accept Friend requests in the Edit Personal Portal Information subsection.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, or if it's a problem associated with the new software. But everytime I close my browser, I get logged out of the boards. I'm using Firefox 2.0 on XP Home SP2, and I've made sure the browser does not clear cookies, authenticated sessions and passwords. But I still get logged off, and this is the only forum where it happens.

If you choose 'show all' there should be 61 now ... and for you?

I've still only got 40 that will show up in the little box. Clicking show all does "show all" 61 of them in the separate pop-up window. These are the ones that I'm getting.

post-3491-1170258964_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1170258969_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1170258974_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1170258989_thumb.jpg

Is there a limit on the number of smilies that can be shown there?

Edited by Deraldin

Deraldin - what happen when you click 'Show Al'

So the issues has to do with the 'Next button - that is helpful thank you for taking the time to walk me through this!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I am not sure if it is too much to ask to make quick editor default for "Edit" button.

Editing is 99% correcting a typo.

PS

Like in this post, lol

I have looked for a setting for this Diamond - and cannot seem to find one! I will add it to the 'to do' list, as I too would like this :p

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

LostStraw this should now be fixed - can you confirm?

Visual quirks:

3. The small Obsidian logo that used to be on the browser tabs is now a little blue triangle v thing (see screen shot).

bluev.jpg

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, or if it's a problem associated with the new software. But everytime I close my browser, I get logged out of the boards. I'm using Firefox 2.0 on XP Home SP2, and I've made sure the browser does not clear cookies, authenticated sessions and passwords. But I still get logged off, and this is the only forum where it happens.

This is the first time I have heard this one Role Player - could you empty your temp cache and see if it continues?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

LostStraw this should now be fixed - can you confirm?

Visual quirks:

3. The small Obsidian logo that used to be on the browser tabs is now a little blue triangle v thing (see screen shot).

post-1424-1170188819_thumb.jpg

Its still a blue V for me. I've refreshed and clear the cache manually and its still there. I use FireFox 2. I can see the V in IE 7 too.

Edited by Surreptishus

1. The white buttons on the blue gradient background stick out like sore thumbs to me. I find it visually unappealing in that it doesn't really flow with the rest of the forums.

In what window - in the post window? Such as, 'Insert Special Item?'

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)