BugZ

Fionavar

Line 'em up and we'll find a way to lay 'em out ...

Aesthetics

• Profile Section: White background for User, Last Visitors & Friends (Likely CSS Menus setting)
  • The buttons ("Add Reply" , "New Topic" etc..) are now a little off color from the background so they don't blend in. This is intended to be presented in this fashion To Admin: This is also a GIF that could be adjusted to blend should it be desired.
  • Smilies: Some have a weird 'white' rim about them The emoticons in question are designed for a light skinned theme.
  • The small Obsidian logo that used to be on the browser tabs is now a little blue triangle v thing (see screen shot).
  • The highlight colour in Comments in Profile makes it very difficult to read the text and is VERY bright (does not mesh with Obsidian skin)
  • Original Post
    I don't recall this being mentioned yet:

untitled.JPG

I'm guessing the green outline around forum subsections that have been minimized should not be there. Happens for all the sections except the "Board Settings" at the bottom. I'm using FF2. An intentional feature to draw attention to the fact that a section has been collapsed.
  • In the friends list, friends who are still pending the approval of the other person still have the difficult to read white background. Example below.

friends.JPG
  • The visual theme of the post a message window clashes with that of the board (not so pretty, but I like the new functionality).

• Forum Icon: Difference between new post post/no new posts too similar in 'brightness'
  • In Reply window, the post topic button is not immediately accessible w/o scrolling - anyway to tighten up the spacing of all of the new options?

• Possibility to have a lighter skin option?
  • The 'edit' button has 2 editor choices: Full & Quick. Is there a way to default one?

BugZ

• Ignore function does not work in-thread.
  • When trying to view my attachment (clicking on it) in the "Post Preview" it popped up a new window (which was resized to the size of the picture):

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information."

"The error returned was: Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."
    Edit: However when going back to edit my post, viewing my atachment through the "Post Preview" worked just fine.
  • Original Post
    There seems to be an issue with the smilie box and the use of the 'next' button. Not all of the smilies are displayed when using this feature.
  • Unread post marker/function does not update properly.

Edited by Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Some emoticons have a white border around them. Also, :)) does not show the correct smiley.

Edit: Either friends aren't working properly, or I don't know how to use them. Every time I try to add one, nothing happens.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Add Friends seems to be working fine for me. It only adds a name to your profile list - it doesn't auto-add your name to their list.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Add Friends seems to be working fine for me. It only adds a name to your profile list - it doesn't auto-add your name to their list.

Apparently, for me it only works with IE.

"Topics Posts Blog Comments Friends Settings"

Also, all the tabs in the profiles only work with IE. I'm using Firefox 2.0

Heja Sverige!!

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1, works both w/profile buttons and in the userpanel options area.

Using any possible add-ons that could be blocking something?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't think so. Would Dom Inspector make a difference?

Edit: I have no idea what just happened, but after uploading a personal photo to my profile using IE, everything started to work as normal in Firefox. :)

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

The friends and the tabs issue is resolved, the smiley isn't.

The smiley I'm seeing when I post

:))

is the same as when I post

:)

(except for the white borders). I'm guessing this problem is universal, and not exclusive to me.

Heja Sverige!!

Visual quirks:

1. The visual theme of the post a message window clashes with that of the board (not so pretty, but I like the new functionality).

2. The buttons ("Add Reply" , "New Topic" etc..) are now a little off color from the background so they don't blend in.

3. The small Obsidian logo that used to be on the browser tabs is now a little blue triangle v thing (see screen shot).

post-1424-1170188819_thumb.jpg

A bug:

When trying to view my attachment (clicking on it) in the "Post Preview" it popped up a new window (which was resized to the size of the picture):

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information."

"The error returned was: Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Edit: However when going back to edit my post, viewing my atachment through the "Post Preview" worked just fine.

Edited by LostStraw

I don't have that icon problem in the tab. However, one thing I've just noticed is that topics with developer posts no longer show the appropriate "O" icon.

Heja Sverige!!

:sorcerer::))

Pidesco I do not seem to be experiencing the issue - what browsers are you using for this? As well, could you humour me and empty your browser's cache?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I cleared the cache, and the problem persists. Also, after clearing the cache, the tab icon turned into the blue V loststraw mentioned in his post.

@Rosbjerg: LINKY

Heja Sverige!!

Which browser Pidesco? Can anyone repeat Pidesco's problem?

Both Firefox 2.0 and IE6 have this problem. :sorcerer::))

Here's an image to show what I'm seeing.

Smileys.JPG

Heja Sverige!!

Link to the smiley.

Heja Sverige!!