Post your PC pics

Bokishi

I'm remaining calm and am actively suppressing my envy of Bokishi's rig. When R600 hits the market, then I'll make my move. No hurry yet. I mean Crysis hasn't even been released yet.

Exactly.

I'm waiting until Duke Nukem Fornever, Alan Wake, Unreal 3, Crysis all come out. Ill wait 1 year until i buy a new graphic card if i have too.

I'm dreading installing Vista too, just for its stupid DX10 support. Meh! Thats going to lick balls. I really have grown to like XP. And then the question is, should i go balls out and get a 64bit operating system when i do bite the dust sometime next year when i buy it(if i do)? What are the benefits of Vista 64, or Vista 32? What would you guys recommend down the road, if i plan to keep my PC for 5 years?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've finally gotten around to setting up the camera on the new computer. The pics are below. For reference, the components are:

CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case

EVGA 680i mainboard (A1 revision)

Core2Duo 6400 @ 2.13ghz

Samsung 18X DVD-R drive (SATA)

Seasonic M12 600W PSU

2 ghz Patriot PC-6400 RAM

EVGA 8800 GTS 320 ("Superclocked" version)

Seagate Barracuda 320GB HD

Netgear WG311v3 Wireless adapter

LITE-ON SK-1788 keyboard

Logitech LX5 wireless USB mouse

Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers

Samsung Synchmaster 941BW 19" widescreen monitor (1440X900)

Vista Home Premium

It's running well, although a bit warmer than I'd like. Temps are on the high side of "acceptable," with the CPU idling around 40C, and the GPU in the low 60s. The cheap PCI slot cooler I added under the GPU has helped a bit, although most of the gain was offset by an unexplained temp increase when I updated to the newest nvidia drivers. I'll turn the fan speeds up as soon as somebody releases a program allowing me to do so in Vista (AFAIK, there is none at the moment). Otherwise, I have had no Vista-related problems yet.

post-619-1177859764_thumb.jpg

post-619-1177859813_thumb.jpg

post-619-1177859855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Enoch

• 2 months later...