Human sacrifice: Central teaching of Christianity?

roshan

And don't forget about the holy trinity because Jesus IS god, talks to himself in the 3rd person "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" and for the finale sacrifices himself to himself.

Because that is the verbatim text he spoke. :)

Yes he spoke english all the time Meta. Does it even matter really if he did or not : ? We can't prove his existence empirically, not that it matters, what matters is the message we are left with, real or not. :rolleyes

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

"You are confusing the historical Jesus with the religious one."

No.

Jesus was crucified by the Romans for political reasons whether you are religious or not.

Have you spoken to the religious fundamentalists lately?

They are all convinced that the Jews killed Jesus. (But they forgive them because Jesus knew God's plan and wanted to sacrifice himself for "our" sins.)

And you don't need to convince me that Jesus the Christ (pious title that conferred political as well as religious authority) was crucified (a political punishment used by the Romans: the Jewish fathers had every right to stone anyone they wanted to death for trespasses) as a rabble rouser, you need to convince those-that-will-never-believe-you, who have their own concept of Jesus (the religious one).

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Fundamental dedication to Christianity is admireable but their zeal is what is pushing many away from them.

Roman did the deed but Majority of the Religious Jewish leaders wanted him dead.

How would you feel if a guy claims he is THE Messiah and the Son of God?

Most likely, You would think this guy was a nutcase. Howbeit a popular nutcase.

During this time, Many of the Jews were looking for a Messiah due to the Roman Occuaption of Judea.

Also During this time, Many people claimed that they were the Messiah.

This was diffcult for the Pharisees, Due to the many so called Messiah claims.

Even if one of them is true, They don't want to lose their power in which being a religious authority brings.

People who tends to get excited when discussing religion should be forced to watch Life of Brian three times a day...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People who tends to get excited when discussing religion should be forced to watch Life of Brian three times a day...

never heard of it

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!

Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!

Brian: Now, **** off!

[silence]

Arthur: How shall we **** off, O Lord?

---

Ex-Leper: Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?

Brian: Did you say "ex-leper"?

Ex-Leper: That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir.

Brian: Well, what happened?

Ex-Leper: Oh, cured, sir.

Brian: Cured?

Ex-Leper: Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!

Brian: Who cured you?

Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.

Brian: Well, why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?

Ex-Leper: Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the ass to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.

---

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Brian: Look. You've got it all wrong. You don't Need to follow me. You don't Need to follow anybody. You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals.

Crowd: YES! WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS!

Brian: You're all different.

Crowd: YES. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.

Folowr5: I'm not.

Crowd: Ssssh. Sssh.

:devil:

A brilliant movie that mocks the sheep who follow without questioning.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Life of Brian is the second best comedy movie of all time.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Life of Brian is the second best comedy movie of all time.

What is the first? (Hint if you don't say Animal House you're wrong!) :devil:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.

I didn't like Animal House. I am not a fan of crude humor for the most part. Stripes is number three followed by Spies Like Us.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Have you spoken to the religious fundamentalists lately?

They are all convinced that the Jews killed Jesus. (But they forgive them because Jesus knew God's plan and wanted to sacrifice himself for "our" sins.)

And you don't need to convince me that Jesus the Christ (pious title that conferred political as well as religious authority) was crucified (a political punishment used by the Romans: the Jewish fathers had every right to stone anyone they wanted to death for trespasses) as a rabble rouser, you need to convince those-that-will-never-believe-you, who have their own concept of Jesus (the religious one).

:)

Matthew 27:11-50.

I agree with Meta that Jesus was a rabble-rouser. Jesus was very controversial in saying that he was the Messiah, and it's easy to see why the Jews got angry, since they expected a militaristic Messiah to come and free them from Roman or whoever's rule. Jesus didn't fulfill their mind's concept of the Messiah. Pilate would've been in danger of having a lot of angry people under his rule if he didn't allow the Jews to do what they wanted with Jesus (of course, he could've had the deed done himself, but from what the Bible says, it seems like he didn't want to kill a man who seemed innocent to him). I think the death of Jesus was both political and that the Jews killed him.

Matthew 27:11-50.

I agree with Meta that Jesus was a rabble-rouser. Jesus was very controversial in saying that he was the Messiah, and it's easy to see why the Jews got angry, since they expected a militaristic Messiah to come and free them from Roman or whoever's rule. Jesus didn't fulfill their mind's concept of the Messiah.  Pilate would've been in danger of having a lot of angry people under his rule if he didn't allow the Jews to do what they wanted with Jesus (of course, he could've had the deed done himself, but from what the Bible says, it seems like he didn't want to kill a man who seemed innocent to him). I think the death of Jesus was both political and that the Jews killed him.

Just out of curiosity, do Christians believe that the suffering of the Jewish people might be related to their persecution of the Messiah? If you read the metaphor of the vineyard from NT, when the vineyard workers killed the 'son', the 'lord' came back and destroyed them. I wonder how you would interpret that one?