Human sacrifice: Central teaching of Christianity?

roshan

Faith is lame.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It's a funny thing about faith. If you do not have it, no one can ever explain it to you. If you do have it, no explanation is necsassary. I read that one somewhere too.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Christianity is not about human sacrifice.

On the contrary it attempts to place a positive environment around our experience of suffering - experience which causes many, if not all, to doubt God.

Big topic.

Whats the meaning of suffering to a Christian and why is it positive?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Sounds a bit masochistic. Is God a sado-masochist? He promotes suffering as being a good thing and torture to those who don't believe/follow him.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

God creates people imperfect, Then blames them for being imperfect.Then sends his son(himself) to be murdered by these same people, to make up for how imperfect those people were, and how imperfect they will inevitably be!

And don't forget about the holy trinity because Jesus IS god, talks to himself in the 3rd person "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" and for the finale sacrifices himself to himself.

Christianity is a paradox, that is why its based on faith.

Not only that, Christ spoke in parables so that those who arent supposed to be saved wont understand him.

Christianity doesnt work unless the Christian God is assumed to be a sadist who does these things for his own perverse pleasure.

Although, once more, paradoxically, he is a God of love! (w00t)

Edited by roshan

atheist.jpg

Atheist is Deacon's cyber-doppelganger. Deacon and Atheist hold equally fervent, though diametrically opposed beliefs about religion, and both feel compelled to share those beliefs at every possible opportunity. Should an unsuspecting forum member make even a passing comment about faith or spirituality of any flavor, Atheist will descend like one of the Furies, mercilessly hectoring all of the ignorant and delusional believers about the sordid history of the church and the pernicious effects of religion on society. After a few of Atheist

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Xard wins the thread.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

God creates people imperfect, Then blames them for being imperfect.Then sends his son(himself) to be murdered by these same people, to make up for how imperfect those people were, and how imperfect they will inevitably be!

And don't forget about the holy trinity because Jesus IS god, talks to himself in the 3rd person "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" and for the finale sacrifices himself to himself.

Christianity is a paradox, that is why its based on faith.

God created Man with freewill and a chance to express his freewill since the Garden of Eden.

God didn't make Man to sin, just give him the tools and the chance to choose God or something else.

Man by nature is very curious regardless of the sin/imperfect factor. Whom doesn't want to be independant from your parents.

God bridge the gap between Man and God.

The willing sarfice was indeed. If Jesus Christ was unwilling, And God force him to do it. Then Jesus Christ dying on the Cross would be invain.

Jesus Christ was a willing sarfice but it does mean that he liked that path.

In the Garden the night before his execution, he was praying to God to find another way because he, like the rest of us despite he being the Son of God, didn't want to die a brutal death.

God gave man free will, then set up the rules stacked against the nature of man. The nature He imposed on us. This is the one thing why I will never worship God nor follow any of his prophets and progeny. Of all the sins of this Earth, of all the evil mankind can do to itself and to the Earth there is no sin, no evil, that warrants eternal torture and eternal damnation. Until God learns this I will have nothing to do with Him or his ilk.

Parents, good parents, don't eternally punish their kids with pain and torture if they misbehave.

Then Hades might be happy to know many Christians don't encourage believe in Hell.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Then Hades might be happy to know many Christians don't encourage believe in Hell.

I like those Christians.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For there to be light, there must be dark. For there to be good there must be evil. For there to be Heaven there must be Hell.

edit: That was a bit over dramatic, wasn't it. :)

Edited by Sand

Christianity is not about human sacrifice.

On the contrary it attempts to place a positive environment around our experience of suffering - experience which causes many, if not all, to doubt God.

Big topic.

Whats the meaning of suffering to a Christian and why is it positive?

I didn't mean to imply that suffering is positive. It isn't.

Christianity mostly tries to focus on the positive that remains when suffering is removed - a positive that is present to some extent, although not always appreciated, even when suffering is the focus of our experience.

I can only speak for my understanding of Christianity.

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Well, everyone has a right to their [sic] opinion.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

For there to be light, there must be dark. For there to be good there must be evil. For there to be Heaven there must be Hell.

edit: That was a bit over dramatic, wasn't it. :blink:

Oh my! :aiee:

You want a fight don't you?! :bat:

Well, nah, nah, nah. :)

No fight for you! :p

You are not worthy! :D

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Yeah, remember, there is no such thing as good, just the absence of evil.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, remember, there is no such thing as good, just the absence of evil.

Which only supports my claim that good people are deficient.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I read somewhere that heresy and witch trials were a good way to get rid of a community member nobody wanted around. If I'm not mistaken, that is the origin of the expression "fired" used in so many work places today.

Myth.

"Fired" was worse than getting "the sack" because one's tools were incinerated rather than given (in a sack) to take away on the search for new employment. (I think you had to steal something, or worse, to get fired.)

Because that is the verbatim text he spoke. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You are confusing the historical Jesus with the religious one.

For some people its the same Jesus.