Human sacrifice: Central teaching of Christianity?

roshan

Ive realized something very interesting about Christianity - human sacrifice is the foundation of Christianity.

The premise of Christianity is that man is born condemned by sin passed down from the first two human beings. Now, God sent us the greatest human being, Jesus, his son, and had him sacrificed for the sins of humanity. Now, if Christians accept this sacrifice, they are forgiven for their sins and many be admitted to heaven. Those who do not accept this human sacrifice are condemned to eternal suffering.

So Christianity can basically be summed up as human sacrifice.

Ive realized something very interesting about Christianity - human sacrifice is the foundation of Christianity.

The premise of Christianity is that man is born condemned by sin passed down from the first two human beings. Now, God sent us the greatest human being, Jesus, his son, and had him sacrificed for the sins of humanity. Now, if Christians accept this sacrifice, they are forgiven for their sins and many be admitted to heaven. Those who do not accept this human sacrifice are condemned to eternal suffering.

correction: sacrifice of yourself for the community

IB1OsQq.png

correction: sacrifice of yourself for the community

Christ agreed to be sacrificed - but Christians need to accept this human sacrifice to be saved! Thus, human sacrifice is the basis of Christianity.

if you go with the Lavey verison of Satanism, then you are wrong.

it is hedoistic atheism.

They use Christian symbols to mock Christianty.

To me: Christianty is about self sacfirce for the greater good. Basicly the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few.

LaVey dismissed all gods as being "creations of man" in The Satanic Bible - including the Devil - and he further suggested that no Satanist in their right mind would ever worship or pray to any "imaginary deity."

The above is from the link that is below...

http://www.theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/satvsdw.html

Haven't read all of it.

But what god isn't a human invention? :crazy:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

What do you think all those witch burnings were for? :aiee:

Not so much. Being a Witch, I've obviously looked into this just a bit. :brows:

'The Burning Times' or 'The Terror Times' ( depending on who you talk to ) were most a mob action that got out of control largely because the Mother Church had it's thumbs conveniently up it's ass at the time. Besides the obvious benefit of 'spontaneous conversions' that the church is always so pleased with, it also offered the benefit of a chance to purge local goverment position of heretics that would not further the Church's goals. Mostly a political action on the Church's part. While a witch-finder might decry a Witch for the Greater Glory of God!!, he also got 1/4 of the 'witch's' property ( the Church got 1/2 ). He also got to partake in the 'questioning' of said 'witch'. 'Questioning' often involved rape. If a man was refused in suiting an attractive woman, an accusation of Witchcraft would gain him the 'piece of ass' that she wouldn't give him because he was simply a cretin. A widow without a son to claim the land/posessions of her husband was particularly vulnerable. A man could court her simply to gain her holdings and if she refused him he could accuse her of Witchcraft and would gain 1/4 of the property.

Not so much as 'For The Greater Glory of God' as much as "Now what can I take that I didn't earn?"

To me: Christianty is about self sacfirce for the greater good. Basicly the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few.

If not taken to extremes, this is a goal worthy of any faith as long as the individual is not forgotten. A small cost to the 'Many' that saves the life of the 'Few' should also fall in line with a faith based on the emotional/spiritual improvement of it's followers.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

DeathScepter,

Exactly, but just because there is no proof that something exists doesn't proove it does exist.

But logic is often elusive to religious people. In the area of religion, people believe things that they cannot logically prove - and yes, even those who follow LaVey fit neatly into this category (for while LaVey might have dismissed Satan as "imaginary," he certainly did take the subject of "magic" very seriously). And it is the folly of religious people to argue and accuse others of being "wrong" and "misled," when we ourselves cannot prove that our own beliefs and values are objectively correct. This happens within all cultures of faith; it happens in Christianity, it happens in Islam, and it happens in Neopaganism. If you don't believe that it happens in Satanism, too, then you seriously need to wake up and smell the brimstone

From the link I posted.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Christ agreed to be sacrificed - but Christians need to accept this human sacrifice to be saved! Thus, human sacrifice is the basis of Christianity.

uh, actually, as far as i've ever heard, christ agreed to sacrifice himself so that the rest of humanity would not have to...

very false analogy (and otherwise flawed logic).

not that i believe in the whole christ/god thing anyway.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The purpose of Christ was to mandate that no more suffering was necessary for salvation.

Tell that to St. Augustine of Hippo.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

uh, actually, as far as i've ever heard, christ agreed to sacrifice himself so that the rest of humanity would not have to...

very false analogy (and otherwise flawed logic).

not that i believe in the whole christ/god thing anyway.

taks

Perhaps he meant that for Christ to cleanse our sins with His blood, He must first acknowledge the ritualistic powers behind a human sacrifice, which IMHO still sounds a bit :crazy: . If you accept Christ as your personal savior, His blood washes away your sins; and if you are born before His time or born on Mars, well, tough luck there, mate...

Christianity is not about human sacrifice.

On the contrary it attempts to place a positive environment around our experience of suffering - experience which causes many, if not all, to doubt God.

Big topic.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Not so much. Being a Witch, I've obviously looked into this just a bit.  ;)

'The Burning Times' or 'The Terror Times' ( depending on who you talk to ) were most a mob action that got out of control largely because the Mother Church had it's thumbs conveniently up it's ass at the time. Besides the obvious benefit of 'spontaneous conversions' that the church is always so pleased with, it also offered the benefit of a chance to purge local goverment position of heretics that would not further the Church's goals. Mostly a political action on the Church's part. While a witch-finder might decry a Witch for the Greater Glory of God!!, he also got 1/4 of the 'witch's' property ( the Church got 1/2 ). He also got to partake in the 'questioning' of said 'witch'. 'Questioning' often involved rape. If a man was refused in suiting an attractive woman, an accusation of Witchcraft would gain him the 'piece of ass' that she wouldn't give him because he was simply a cretin. A widow without a son to claim the land/posessions of her husband was particularly vulnerable. A man could court her simply to gain her holdings and if she refused him he could accuse her of Witchcraft and would gain 1/4 of the property.

I read somewhere that heresy and witch trials were a good way to get rid of a community member nobody wanted around. If I'm not mistaken, that is the origin of the expression "fired" used in so many work places today.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I used to buy into faith, god, and the whole Jesus thing when I was a kid.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

God creates people imperfect, Then blames them for being imperfect.Then sends his son(himself) to be murdered by these same people, to make up for how imperfect those people were, and how imperfect they will inevitably be!

And don't forget about the holy trinity because Jesus IS god, talks to himself in the 3rd person "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" and for the finale sacrifices himself to himself.

Christianity is a paradox, that is why its based on faith.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig