The Music Thread

Darque

Wow... slick stuff. I love the bassline. So "umi" is "mother" in Arabic?

Yeah - Black on Both Sides is an absolute triumph; I don't believe there was a more beautiful, ambitious album in 90's popular music - an hymn to the sounds of times gone by, and a critique to society's conceits: bordering his mic on its figure, he tackles everything from rampant materialism to rampant inequity; make no mistake, it's personalized art, be it embedded in his own character or the entire diaspora's; it's serves primarily as a tale, a reproach, and - why not - an uplift; it's history, of course, but he's after greater things: inspiring the future and seizing freedom of mind, body, and soul for him and his. (Heavy stuff.)

-- Pomposity aside, it's fun, energetic, eclectic, personal, and beautiful. --

I do believe he was studying under a certain Weldon Irvine at the time, God bless his soul.

(Mos Def - Mathematics.)

Ahem.

Man, Draken, I forgot about that song. It wasn't on the album, if I remember right, just the movie. It's like a fleshed-out version of "Empty Spaces."

Correct, sir. Very cool, if I do say so, and I was a bit huffed it wasn't on the album, but what the hell. Great piece.

I am listening to the movie version of

, by Pink Floyd. I prefer this version's sound to the album's, but the original does have the whole continuous loop thing going on with the "isn't this where..." thing, so it evens out.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Pixies - I've Been Waiting For You  :blink:

A first rate B side.

That's one of the only songs on that CD that I just skip everytime the CD is on. The other song is Winterlong.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

That's weird, Lou. I've always heard people say "Winterlong" is one of the better b-sides. It's a Neil Young cover, right?

The Twilight Singers -

High quality live video, the volume's a bit low, but it's mixed very well. There's a bit of a "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" tease in there too.

I wish that guitar solo was on the album version. Damn!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

SubhumansCradle.jpg

Man, was 1984 a good year for punk; you had this (From The Cradle To The Grave), Double Nickels on the Dime, Zen Arcade, Intellectuals Are The Shoeshine Boys Of The Ruling Elite, My War, Meat Puppets II, Let it Be, Bad Religion breaking up for the first time, et cetera, et cetera.

Is Psychic... Powerless... Another Man's Sac stretching it?

Reposted because misspelling "breaking up" is just shameful. PS: Us Fish Must Swim Together.