What are you playing now?

Darque

They're reasonable if you're using a decent economy. What I'm playing now, I can barely even afford shields!

I should download and play Scorched 3D. Looks very interesting.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They're reasonable if you're using a decent economy. What I'm playing now, I can barely even afford shields!

I should download and play Scorched 3D. Looks very interesting.

Scorched 3D is a lot of fun. I played it religiously for nearly a month, but then stopped once the server that I played on went away. :'(

I'm currently playing the Supreme Commander Demo! It would be a lot more fun if I could actually run it properly. The first mission nearly killed my system, especially the big explosion at the end. I'll definately be buying the game, but I don't think I'll be playing it until I get a new computer. >_<

I hope my computer can run the Supreme Command Demo. UPS dropped off my new card 5 minutes ago.

My only complaint was that the command bar along the bottom was huge. It takes up nearly a third of the screen and when your mouse hovers over a unit, another pop-up bar appears that gives information on the unit, but also takes up even more of the limited screen space. I suppose that it might just be me trying to play at 1024, but I could really go for a smaller bar. :confused:

Edited by Deraldin

I'm currently playing the Supreme Commander Demo! It would be a lot more fun if I could actually run it properly. The first mission nearly killed my system, especially the big explosion at the end. I'll definately be buying the game, but I don't think I'll be playing it until I get a new computer. >_<

What's your specs and where did you DL it from? Gamespots DL is piss poor

What's your specs and where did you DL it from? Gamespots DL is piss poor

I'm right around the minimum specs so it's not as though my trouble running the game is unexpected, but one can always hope. :confused:

I managed to get in line at Fileplanet when it was first put up around 12:30 EST today. I managed to get in when the line was only 5 minutes long. Got great speeds. I usually figure that even with the usual 30 minute wait at Fileplanet, the speeds I get from them more than make up for it in the long run. >_<

EDIT: If you really wanted to know my specs:

1.7GHz P4

AOpen MX4B motherboard (I totally got screwed when I bought this computer...)

768MB generic ram (literally no name)

Radeon 9600 Pro

160GB Western Digital HDD

Soundblaster Audigy 2

Logitech Z-640's 5.1 setup

LG CD-R/RW + DVD-ROM

Crappy 19" CRT (It says TTX on the front...)

Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Edited by Deraldin

Never a fan of the gatling laser in that game.

I prefer the Gauss Gattling gun but the gattling laser seems to be more effective against robots.

Energy weapons in general are more effective against the robots. The only ballistic weapon that can actually tear the robots a fresh one, are the various Gauss weapons. Everything else pales in comparison. The MEC Gauss Minigun / Pistol / Rifle is absolutely wonderful when you enter Vault 0. Too bad there always seem to be a shortage of Gauss-clips around but bucketloads of fusion cores for the Plasma / Laser rifles and the Sunbeam Gatling Laser.

Anyway, back on topic. :)

Gears of War, on Hardcore.

Enchanted Arms now and then. It's interesting enough but I kind of think every one of these RPG's (or similar ones) suck or don't hold up to the standards of Phantasy Star IV. *shrugs* Maybe I'm just getting old. 8)

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I prefer the Gauss Gattling gun but the gattling laser seems to be more effective against robots.

Energy weapons in general are more effective against the robots. The only ballistic weapon that can actually tear the robots a fresh one, are the various Gauss weapons. Everything else pales in comparison. The MEC Gauss Minigun / Pistol / Rifle is absolutely wonderful when you enter Vault 0. Too bad there always seem to be a shortage of Gauss-clips around but bucketloads of fusion cores for the Plasma / Laser rifles and the Sunbeam Gatling Laser.

You forget about the Browning M2 (especially if one has some depleted uranium rounds). Best gun in the game.

You forget about the Browning M2 (especially if one has some depleted uranium rounds). Best gun in the game.

The 50 cal is pretty good, especially with that ammo. Thanks to a mod, you can have a limitles supply of whatever ammo you want. Also you can have any weapon you want.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The 50 cal is pretty good, especially with that ammo. Thanks to a mod, you can have a limitles supply of whatever ammo you want. Also you can have any weapon you want.

Really? Got a link to that mod? Very keen to try it out. And yes, Browning M2 and .50 Cal gun is pretty sweet with DU bullets.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Still playing lame-sauce Burning Crusade... meh

Burning Crusade? Is that like when a church official gets a nasty rash or something? Do they have an ointment for that? :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Still playing lame-sauce Burning Crusade... meh

Burning Crusade? Is that like when a church official gets a nasty rash or something? Do they have an ointment for that? :yucky:

No, the only cure is to get a army of boys to march on the "holy land"

Vanguard

Supreme Commander Demo

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic