What are you playing now?

Darque

Rainbow Six Vegas... easily the best shooter all categories since I dont know when. Ive been playing for an hour and it just makes me want to run over to all my friends and scream at them to try it. Killing people have never felt so good ;)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

FoT: BoS still.

I lost two of my high ranking soldiers. One of them stepped on a mine, blew themself's up, took out another near them and almost ended my life. It had been a while since my last save. :angry:

Save often I say, that was too close.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Noobs I don't mind losing, not my high ranking ones. Those girls were cool. High stats in small weapons, doctor and sneak. They were one rank below me. It's hard to break in a good obedient soldier. :p

Ouch :) I know which two you are talking about then o:)

Yeah, that'd been painful. o:)

I lost two of my high ranking soldiers. One of them stepped on a mine, blew themself's up, took out another near them and almost ended my life. It had been a while since my last save. :angry:

I say suck it up and play on. My best memories from games like it and Jagged Alliance 2 were when I decided to no longer reload after something bad happens.

My roommate is playing that game right now. His main to a rocket to the head last night. A good explosion. I was surprised that his character lived till he told me he cheated with the item replication bug. I should patch his game while he isn't looking.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

After playing about 5 hours, I can say that Dragon Quest 8 is one of the best rpgs(Not only JRPGs) I've ever played. Yes, it's really that good.

It IS the best RPG I've ever played on the Playstation 2.

And I envy you for getting to play it for the first time right now. I'd replay it, but it has ZERO replayability.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I was going to be playing Vanguard, but I think my video card is going pear shaped.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I say suck it up and play on. My best memories from games like it and Jagged Alliance 2 were when I decided to no longer reload after something bad happens.

I did. No reload for me. They get killed that's their problem. They shouldn't have walked ahead of me, traps expert, in the first place.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

How different is it from previous DQ's? Or is it the amount of polish the game has?

I've only played Dragon Warrior 1 and 2, so I don't really have much to compare to (they were basically clones of Final Fantasy), but the thing that grabbed me by my hairy balls was the story. And it just wouldn't let go!! Also, the world is huge, beautiful and you're free to explore it to your heart's content. The game is extremely polished.

One BIG warning though: If you can't stand ridiculous amounts of difficult random encounters, this game is not for you!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I did. No reload for me. They get killed that's their problem. They shouldn't have walked ahead of me, traps expert, in the first place.

You should have had your character scout ahead searching for mines.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've only played Dragon Warrior 1 and 2, so I don't really have much to compare to (they were basically clones of Final Fantasy)

It's actually the other way around :sorcerer: Final Fantasy was trying to follow on Dragon Warrior (Quest in the Japanese official release) and its success. When Dragon Warrior proved to be a hit, Hironobu Sakaguchi took much "inspiration" from Enix's title when he decided to create something that would save Square from potential bankrupcy.

How different is it from previous DQ's? Or is it the amount of polish the game has?

I've only played Dragon Warrior 1 and 2, so I don't really have much to compare to (they were basically clones of Final Fantasy), but the thing that grabbed me by my hairy balls was the story. And it just wouldn't let go!! Also, the world is huge, beautiful and you're free to explore it to your heart's content. The game is extremely polished.

One BIG warning though: If you can't stand ridiculous amounts of difficult random encounters, this game is not for you!

Well, the game isn't for me anyway since I don't have a PS2, but hearing about the series getting some good polish is good news. I'm looking forward to DQ9, which is - incidentally - coming out on the DS.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)