What are you playing now?

Darque

*checks his own install hoping it hasn't deleted his progress again*

I'm pretty sure it's lost 3 or 4 episodes worth this time. I could have sworn I had completed up to 36. Although that's still not as bad as losing everything from 12 up to 63. :)

Thanks to you I've started up again. Which on was 49? Did it have that really annoying one that was basically a three square tall tunnel swarming with mines and homing zap drones? It was either 49 or 59 and it had me stumped for months. I really don't look forward to having to beat that one again. :(

49 is fairly easy until the last room which has switches up against the walls all surrounded by mines. It's easy to see what you have to do, but the slightest mistake kills you.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Dawn of Sorrow for the NDS. Pretty sexy and closest to Symphony of the Night any of the recent Castleroid's have come, but there are still some rough spots. The graphics are slick though the art direction is hit or miss, while the soundtrack is very good though unremarkable. The gameplay is really just an updated and polished version of Aria of Sorrow with some peripheral curiosities, but doesn't really take the game anywhere exciting.

Julius Mode is pretty meh.

Nah, this is more of a text and icon based mmo.

Could you PM me a pic?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Could you PM me a pic?

Many cybering sessions started with such a post.

Heja Sverige!!

It took almost six hours to conquer two, TWO, bloody provinces from the goddamn Blood Ravens. Deep-struck First Company Assault termies are not all that jolly guys to face when all you got are Howling Banshees and Dark Reapers, but once you get Fire Dragons on the road, it's le bloody pique-nique sangre for termies and the godawful unnerfed Dreadnoughts that chew everything for their lunch. I can't believe how the hell anyone could play as Eldars before Winter Assault's new units. Fire Prism rush could have been a viable tactic though, as it is still. Fire Prisms are godly.

*ahem*

Fire Dragons <3 <3 <3

Edit: I'm also doing brief ventures into Chaos Theory co-op. Must be one of the bestest ways to spend time, ever.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

*checks his own install hoping it hasn't deleted his progress again*

I'm pretty sure it's lost 3 or 4 episodes worth this time. I could have sworn I had completed up to 36. Although that's still not as bad as losing everything from 12 up to 63. >_<

Thanks to you I've started up again. Which on was 49? Did it have that really annoying one that was basically a three square tall tunnel swarming with mines and homing zap drones? It was either 49 or 59 and it had me stumped for months. I really don't look forward to having to beat that one again. :(

49 is fairly easy until the last room which has switches up against the walls all surrounded by mines. It's easy to see what you have to do, but the slightest mistake kills you.

Must have been thinking of level 59 then. I only managed to finish episode 32 last night before the game got on my nerves. It seemed like it managed to get my frustrated a lot faster than I used to for the smallest things. It doesn't help that my computer isn't fast enough to run N and a music player at the same time without N lagging. :(

"You seem unhappy about that"

Heh. I was just havin' some fun; but cool. :cool:  :(  >_<

I started the next sequential topic with the last page of the last topic so that people could carry on seamlessly ... or so I thought. :(

Half-Life 2:Episode 1 (with the developer dialog track)

Space Rangers 2 (restarted after my last game was trashed when my harddrive was lost).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Must have been thinking of level 59 then. I only managed to finish episode 32 last night before the game got on my nerves. It seemed like it managed to get my frustrated a lot faster than I used to for the smallest things. It doesn't help that my computer isn't fast enough to run N and a music player at the same time without N lagging. :)

I finally managed to finish level 24, and also the whole 20s column which was a breeze. This means that with the levels I've finished before, I now have all the levels up to 49 completed. :joy:

Heja Sverige!!

Must have been thinking of level 59 then. I only managed to finish episode 32 last night before the game got on my nerves. It seemed like it managed to get my frustrated a lot faster than I used to for the smallest things. It doesn't help that my computer isn't fast enough to run N and a music player at the same time without N lagging. :)

I finally managed to finish level 24, and also the whole 20s column which was a breeze. This means that with the levels I've finished before, I now have all the levels up to 49 completed. :joy:

Nice work. :) Watching the Dilbert cartoon has cheered me up significantly. I should be able to play N again soon, likely without yelling at my brother if I get killed!

Rainbow Six: Vegas is an on and off effort right now... but mostly I've been occupied with Silent Storm again. Finally got my hands on Sentinels.

I'm noticing new details in this game every time I play it. Playing with Grenade Range mod and No-PKs mod makes it real fun, although I don't usually play that long in the original campaign... usually I play until Unknow Factory then start up a new game.

It took almost six hours to conquer two, TWO, bloody provinces from the goddamn Blood Ravens. Deep-struck First Company Assault termies are not all that jolly guys to face when all you got are Howling Banshees and Dark Reapers, but once you get Fire Dragons on the road, it's le bloody pique-nique sangre for termies and the godawful unnerfed Dreadnoughts that chew everything for their lunch. I can't believe how the hell anyone could play as Eldars before Winter Assault's new units. Fire Prism rush could have been a viable tactic though, as it is still. Fire Prisms are godly.

I think it was a case of

1. Build Seer Council

2. Kill everything with Seer Council

Argh, seer council before the witchblade tweak...I used to do that.

Nowadays, it seems like a good Eldar tactic is a case of

1. Build 3 units of Warp Spiders

2. Kill everything with the Warp Spiders

Oh, just took Castellum Incorruptus, the dialogue between Taldeer and Davian was pure gold. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

I see Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is available! (Holmes vs. Cthulhu) I should see if any reviews exist!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played about 8 hours of Vanguard yesterday. It's the best MMO I've played in a long while, and it has definitely made me forget about WoW. The variety of things to do makes me feel like I'm not going to be complaining about the grind anytime soon. You can really focus on four different things.

There's the standard adventuring and questing that you see in every game. The writing is good, but I wouldn't say the quests are revolutionary. You can also focus on harvesting, which is pretty similiar to every other game, except you actually get to chop down trees.

Crafting is the first thing that is very different. It's reminiscent of the game Horizons, which failed horribly but still had a neat crafting system. You take your harvested resources (or you can take work orders and get resources for free) and start a fairly complex crafting system. For example, my artificer/carpenter can make arrows, but if I want to make a boat, I'll need a blacksmith to do the metal parts and a weaver to do the sails. Also their is a minigame involved with the actual crafting. As you do a recipe, you use tools and techniques to complete it. You need to deal with emergencies and there are different grades, depending on how succesfull you are. It's very strategic, as you also have limited action points.

The last minigame, diplomacy, is practically an entire game in itself. It works as a card game like Magic, where you have different response and comment cards in order to win an argument. The dialogue is also extremely well written and surprisingly clever.

If you played early in the beta and had technical troubles, I recommend trying it again. The performance has increased tremendously over just the last few weeks.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

had an associate who got a copy with his video card. He already had it, so he handed it off to me! FREE STUFF!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Baldur's Gate 2 testing mod stuff.

Half Life 2, having fun.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester