the most torrented stuff of 2006

J.E. Sawyer

1.468 exa-bytes. wow. that's 1 quintillion, 468 quadrillion, 611 trillion, 883 billion bytes. OMFG! they only sold what, under a couple hundred thousand, right? yet now it has been DL'd over a billion times. i'm guessing there's a lot of overlap in DLs, however. i.e. i seriously doubt 1/6 of the population of the world has a copy of FO 1/2, hehe...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Even if this site is halfway legitimate, that's a hell of a lot of downloads. Now, barring this is just some prank on the part of some Fallout nut, the things that you guys cite don't change the fact that the number of downloads is huge. For example, you folks cite the types of shows (my wife really loves King of the Hill and she's 42), but this page only claims to give the numbers of torrent downloads. The commentary, both theirs and yours, regarding the downloads is extraneous. The tracking on the downloads is the issue. Moreover, the fact that bungled downloads and other factors might shave a significant amount off of the real total doesn't much mattar as those same factors assuredly had an impact on every title in the list.

The question is, does the link go to a reputable source?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

in related news, the Pirate Bay guys are trying to buy a small island nation to evade international Copywrite protection laws. I think they are currently the BIGGEST torrent site after Supernova got killed.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's not technically an island. Either way, I consider it doubtful they'll be able to purchase Sealand as it's not for sale.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That list was unexpected, to say the least.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sealand is for sale, i read an article about it a couple of months ago. Apparantly there was a fire there, and the Royal Family are broke so they can't fix the damages.

Also that site is not legit, there's no way they could overview ALL torrent sites and there's no way none of the things on that list would be most downloaded. Check any torrent site, any, and see how many seeders the fallouts have. I'm willing to bet it's under 20, or under 10. Check any major movie, they've got thousands. Even new games have thousands of seeders. That's just a prank by fallout fans.

like i said, doubtful 1/6 of the population has the game. i wouldn't doubt if less than 1/6 of the population actually owns a computer.

either way, somebody used a cool number... not often you hear about exabytes. :aiee:

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'd just like to say that I BOUGHT the damn game again recently on DVD, along with FO1, and FO Tactics. Well worth the cash.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I still have my original copies of both games, plus brand new doubles (which i keep skin wrapped) plus the torrent version, mostly because those packages include all the patches (official and unofficial) and related cracks. I think i'm pretty much set. :ph34r:

Edited by Lyric Suite

I'd just like to say that I BOUGHT the damn game again recently on DVD, along with FO1, and FO Tactics. Well worth the cash.

WHERE?! HOW?!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I still have my original copies of both games, plus brand new doubles (which i keep skin wrapped) plus the torrent version, mostly because those packages include all the patches (official and unofficial) and related cracks. I think i'm pretty much set.  :ph34r:

What if there is a fire that destroys your computer and your hard copies? That's why you have to keep a copy buried 6 feet underground in a concrete bunker. Lead lined, of course.

WHERE?! HOW?!

I went looking for it in Amazon, then got distracted by Norah Jones. It was there.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

is Fallout 1 any good? I can't get it to work on my current computer. Only thing left is to take it with me when i visit my grandparrents and hope thier ancient computer can run it. Any tips on how to get Fallout 1 to work on windows XP whould be helpfull.

Edited by Qazplm

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, the best and third best CRPGs ever made.

:)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My female character gets umm... married, then I take her wife out nto the desert for the honeymoon with Suilik, then I cap her in the back of the head and travel to Vault City.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"