Jedi Healer

I thought she was an archivist, historian like Atris.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Since Kreia believes in viewing as many aspects of the force as she can it would make sense if she studied many different areas when she was a Jedi. It would also make sense if Jedi Masters who where given Padawans to train would first have to show a good knowledge of all Jedi abilities so they can pass the basics on, and I would guess that a historian might also need to have a fair range of knowledge too. So Kreia could know these healing abilities without having been a healer as such.

Personally I'd never considered Kreia to be a healer, but then again I have no problem with the idea she once was. It's an interesting thought, and could explain how Scon learnt to stay alive-he could have been using a dark side form of some Jedi healing skills (Kreia was his master at some point, so he could have learnt the ability from her).

Edited by Darth Mortis

Well, she is a Jedi Master to start off with. Since Jedi Masters (uber-consulars) can pick up healing right off the bat, I don't understand what so...strange about her being a healer. She WAS a Light Sided Jedi, remember?

She was a healer before she got betrayed by the Jedi and Sith and plot her campagin against the Force.

Edited by SilentScope001

I dont see why she would be a Jedi healer when she is trying to destroy the force, and ironically use the force to destroy the force. I dont see why she would furtherly help someone by using the force.

If we use time as a seporator, you can see that there is a point when she started on her efforts to stop others from using the force. Before that time she was using it for something. It looks correct to say she got into alot of areas of its use, including healing. Then at somepoint she stoped.

There is far from enough to state she was once a healer, though it seems quite possible. It may be that her master was, that would reasonably account for her peculiar knowledge, or perhaps the whole thing is born of her urges of learning, zeal in teaching, and resolve in achieving wisdom and power. There's too much room for speculations on Kreia, I wish the devs would at least say two words about some of them.

Silly EU that's creating new jedi titles all the time. I miss time when there was only Jedi Knights, Jedi Masters and Padawans :rolleyes:

Kreia was Jedi Master, very wise and powerful so its only logical that she knows lot about healing too. Does this make her "Jedi healer" (what a stupid title)? No

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

When did I say strange? I said stupid, not strange

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

When did I say strange? I said stupid, not strange
I meant why would it be strange for Kreia, a EU character, to bear a EU Jedi education such as "Jedi healer". Chriss studied every single tiny bit of SW before making TSL. Was that "stupid" for the whole Jedi healer thing or for the idea of Kreia being one? There's a lot in EU related in some measure to Jedi healers.

Whole Jedi Healer thing.

Kreia has huge amounts of knowledge, wisdom and power. Being great healer (and knowing about healing) doesn't mean you have to be Jedi Healer

Being great healer (and knowing about healing) doesn't mean you have to be Jedi Healer
Not necessarily, but it's a possibility. Few details are far from enough though, as I said, this doesn't hope to get past speculations. There are other possible explanations, but that doesn't make it any less possible that she gained those kind of powers in a first hand education as a Jedi healer

What they say about Morichro, if it even is what Kreia uses on Atton, kind of hints towards high levels as it's forbidden knowledge, entrusted to few Jedi, mostly healers.

True, but since Kreia was once a historian she might well have had access to the Jedi Archives. If she was high enough in the Jedi order her access could have included information about Force powers not normally used by the Jedi-such as Morichro.

I'd be wary about using what Kreia did to Atton (Or for that matter anyone else) as an example of forbidden knowledge, She was after all a Sith Lord at one time and would have picked up a lot of dark side powers during that time.

Kreia was once a historian she might well have had access to the Jedi Archives.
Of course she did, but the reason for the existance of certain specializations is achieving what most wouldn't be able to if they were to spend time on other disciplines. Plus it's not just Morichro and Breath Control, as I said, she speaks of her healing powers as not used in some time, even if she's got Master Heal, implying she refers to different techniques. Also she does mention that the greatest wielders of the Force are those who have honed and mastered particular skills, like Jedi healers or Jedi aces, her skill being Treat Injury so maybe you can see where I'm coming from.
She was after all a Sith Lord at one time and would have picked up a lot of dark side powers during that time.
I said forbidden, not dark, there's a difference. Morichro is mostly unknown to the Sith, it isn't a dark side ability, it's just that prolonged use can be fatal.

Plus it's not just Morichro and Breath Control, as I said, she speaks of her healing powers as not used in some time, even if she's got Master Heal, implying she refers to different techniques.

That doesn't mean much. Maybe the dialogue script just doesn't check if she has master heal or not...

That doesn't mean much. Maybe the dialogue script just doesn't check if she has master heal or not...
I wouldn't have said that if I hadn't checked, there's no alternative line, no conditional, she's supposed to say that no matter what. I think it does mean something: she's talking about different techniques, ones she has not used in some time, maybe ones you only get to learn in a specialization such as that of a Jedi healer. Their knowledge is supposed to be unparalleled when it comes to that sort of thing.
Kreia says this even if she's healed Hanaar on Nar Shadaar before she heals Tobin
This is more interesting, though as I said it can't be a scripting issue. Still she never mentions healing powers with Hanharr, she just revives him, and says the wounds must remain for they would give him strength, Colonel Tobin was mowed by a Drexl and she specifically says that whatever healing powers she employed with him, they're ones she has not used in some time. Edited by jinger