Light vs. Dark Sentinel

I have been thinking to myself for a long time which one is better. The Light side sentinel has more survivability with the plus 6 con, but the dark side gets plus 6 dex which is the core attribute of a sentinel. Also, the dark side has the ability to get lv 10 sneak attack. Although they dont have as much access to stuns as light siders making it less effective. So my question to you is which is better? I understand preference comes into play, but when looking at it ability wise which one comes out on top. My opinion is dark side for the capability for higher dmg.

As always, the Dark side holds the easier path here. What you have to consider is that when you take the dark side approach, you inherently assume the dark side role along with it.

I mean, you can play out the LS of the game with DS stats, but you will have a hard time making the LS choises and keeping your force bar all the way to DS.

Me, I always play LS. Maybe I take the game too seriously, but I dont like being the villan of the plot.

What really bugs me is how pathetic they paint the Jedi Masters. Every time you see one they're getting whooped on. Just for once I would like to see them showing a Jedi Master owning some Sith. Maybe we'll see a little in Kotor 3.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I almost always play dark side. I guess I sympathize with the antagonists of story lines, mainly because their products of their environment and ultimately fail in the end. I to like you take the game quite seriously. I agree the jedi masters are portrayed as weaklings. I get less satisfaction from killing them because none offer much of a challenge. Similar to the question which side is better for a sentinel the darker path is easier to accomplish. Yet through my experience the light side does not yield a better power in the end. The dark side while easier is much more of an internal struggle than the light side. So it is debatible which path is the shorter one. I too hope to see a more challenging jedi enemy to kill in a future kotor game.

then how can you tell where the line is drawn?

Good question. I would say it is based on the person, becuase everyone has their own limits to moral flexibility. A true sith would draw the line where ever he /she pleases. Think of it this way, if you had the ability to do anything, absolutely anything, such as kill someone or steal without consequence, wouldn't you be completely free. You don't have to want to kill someone or commit crimes because thats just sadistic, but it's the simple fact knowing there is no limit to what you can do. A true sith aims to achive this power over himself and the universe. Then it becomes his responsibility to draw the line where he sees fit and have others follow until another rises up and achieves a similar power taking his place and establishing a new line if you will. Example: Palpatine was in complete control over the majority of the galaxy and established a new set of laws which were to be followed, the crime of an individual against another would be severly punished. Palpatine set a line for the galaxy he conquered and removed any line(or restriction for himself). Palpatine therefore had complete freedom.

Good question. I would say it is based on the person, becuase everyone has their own limits to moral flexibility. A true sith would draw the line where ever he /she pleases. Think of it this way, if you had the ability to do anything, absolutely anything, such as kill someone or steal without consequence, wouldn't you be completely free. You don't have to want to kill someone or commit crimes because thats just sadistic, but it's the simple fact knowing there is no limit to what you can do. A true sith aims to achive this power over himself and the universe. Then it becomes his responsibility to draw the line where he sees fit and have others follow until another rises up and achieves a similar power taking his place and establishing a new line if you will. Example: Palpatine was in complete control over the majority of the galaxy and established a new set of laws which were to be followed, the crime of an individual against another would be severly punished. Palpatine set a line for the galaxy he conquered and removed any line(or restriction for himself). Palpatine therefore had complete freedom.

But does a Sith really gain any freedom? As with real life power tends to corrupt, no matter how noble your intentions are when you gain-or set out to gain-power. There is always a point at which power becomes a means into itself. Instead of having any freedom all your actions start to revolve around power, gaining more and keeping hold of whatever power you already have. Anything that you think challanges your power, be it a rival or just a friend who disagrees with you, becomes something to be crushed or subjegated.

It is a paradox that while the Sith believe that "The force shall free me" any power they gain limits their freedom. For example owning a car gives you freedom of sorts but at the same time it limits you-you have to pay for fuel, insurance road tax etc leaving you with less money to do things with.

A wise Sith would understand that before jumping in that situation.

For a Sith, power that enslaves the user is a form of slavery aka Nihilus with his force hunger ability.

DS sentinel vs. LS Sentinel is simply Offensive vs. Defensive.

what is your play style?

Edited by DeathScepter

A wise Sith would understand that before jumping in that situation.

For a Sith, power that enslaves the user is a form of slavery aka Nihilus with his force hunger ability.

DS sentinel vs. LS Sentinel is simply Offensive vs. Defensive.

what is your play style?

True, I guess I was comparing apples to oranges. Dark sentinel = offense

Light side = def. I also agree with your quote. A true sith would not allow his power to enslave him. Nihilus was weak in that he was addicted to power and would do anything to get it ( hence he became a slave to his own power) Although all sith goal is to obtain more power, the wisest ones control the power, not letting the power control them, which has happened to so many sith.

But does a Sith really gain any freedom? As with real life power tends to corrupt, no matter how noble your intentions are when you gain-or set out to gain-power. There is always a point at which power becomes a means into itself. Instead of having any freedom all your actions start to revolve around power, gaining more and keeping hold of whatever power you already have. Anything that you think challanges your power, be it a rival or just a friend who disagrees with you, becomes something to be crushed or subjegated.

It is a paradox that while the Sith believe that "The force shall free me" any power they gain limits their freedom. For example owning a car gives you freedom of sorts but at the same time it limits you-you have to pay for fuel, insurance road tax etc leaving you with less money to do things with.

Sure, but Kreia is a Sith and she TURNED away from Power. She had the galaxy at her thorat via Revan, and turned away. True power is the ability to keep the freedom to choose what you want to do, and, well, at least one Sith, Kreia, was able to choose how to do things, and was able to do what she wants to do. Kreia knows how to gain power, but she does not want it, in fact, her main goal is to fight for the freedom of the Human race from the Force, who she hates for manlipuating both the Jedi and the Sith.

Kreia is more in keeping with the ideological spirit of the Sith fighting for freedom than Darth Nihlius, who is consumed by his hunger, and Darth Sion who is consumed by his pain.

But I think this is totally offtopic. Kreia is a rare example of what you say may usually be the case. Or maybe not. If you are in power, you cannot be enslaved. The only way to make sure you are not having your face crushed by a boot...is to be the boot itself.

There is a third option, A sentinel that has both yet none of the weaknesses.

Horray for the Grey Jedi!

Debate on Playing as DS in K2

Playing Dark Sided in K2 is much more funner than it is in K1, and more rewarding too. Forget credits, you only kill for credits to gain DS in K1. In K2, you get to Mind contorl people to jump off bridges, subvert a refugee camp to get them to surrender to the Exchange (so that you can arrange a meeting with the Exchange boss), secretly off three military Generals for General Vaklu by exploiting their fears and weaknesses...Being Dark Sided is great. And the DS ending for K2 is also great, as you now take contorl of the Sith Order.

You did save the galaxy from Darth Nihlius, and you get to slowly build a Sith Order, to fight against the True Sith. Sure, teh galaxy is wrecked, but it was Revan who did it, and you could rebuild it how you will. You get to secretly run the galaxy now as a Sith Lord. But, even if the galaxy is ruined...

"It is better to rule in Hell than it is to serve in Heaven"-Satan
Edited by SilentScope001