Need Help @ Polar-Telos

Hi all *Wave!*

I am currently in the semi-beginning of this game, and I'm in a stuck point. I am in the polar academy, trying to get the ebon hawk free. I have already spoke with atris or whatever her name was, and dueled with some of the ladies, and asked all kinds of questions.. Here's my question..

I can see that the horny-headed dude is in the "prison" area. Are krea and atton supposed to be there too? Cause they are sitting by the door that we came in(to that part of the level) through... When I try to initiate any dialogue with krea the screen just kind of jumps, but nothing will happen. When I try to initiate dialogue with atton, it has two options, both of which appear with [Cheat Node in front of them:

1.) something about a conversation with krea which does nothing when selected

2.) something about a conversation with atris or whoever the jedi lady is (with your light saber? that hates your guts for whatever reason?)

If you choose option 2, you do the dialogue part with her all over again.. I'm really confused and I can't figure out how to break these peoples out of "jail" and continue on with this story! I don't know if my game is glitches or if there is something I was supposed to say in my convo. with Atris or whoever, to instigate the rest of the storyline or what, but I've tried everything in dialogues by now, with no change.. Any tips or advice? I really don't want to have to start over, that asteroid place sucked! (lol)

Nice forums! If any of you are into computers really, then try www.thebestcasescenario.com , it's all about PC Modding, and Helping those who need the help. Sorry if that's considered spam, since this is my first post, but I try to put it out there, to whoever, in case someone needs help for whatever reason

Thanks everyone! :joy: (<- gotta love that one!) :joy:

-Jeremy

EDIT:

I thought maybe some screenies would help. Sorry if they are big, but I play on a 24" Dell CRT @ 1600x1200 res..

190892830qj.th.jpg

713351992km.th.jpg

201911581dg.th.jpg

-sW33t

Edited by MintyMadness

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=41038

This is a common problem. "Common", you would think I would be able to find the topics that have decent advise.

I am not good at tech stuff but the above link might help.... I really should pay more attention, it will probably happen to me eventually. Hope it helps if not wait around a bit longer. Oh :joy: ;)

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Hey thanks a lot for the quick reply! I will try option 4 since my last savegame *before* the academy is right before I go into the mercenary camp bunker thing (with the big assault robot tank thing.) So hopefully it will work.. Thanks again!!

I will have to try tomorrow after I get home from work, but thanks for the link, I don't know why I didn't find that when I did a forum/topic search ;)

-Jeremy

There should be an autosave later on than when you saved yourself-it normally saves when you enter a new area and haven't manually saved for a while. The auto-save *should* either be just before you fight the HK-50's on the messa or even just as you enter the academy. I'd check that out first.

There should be an autosave later on than when you saved yourself-it normally saves when you enter a new area and haven't manually saved for a while. The auto-save *should* either be just before you fight the HK-50's on the messa or even just as you enter the academy. I'd check that out first.

Oh yeah! I wonder why I didn't think of that! Well I will definately give this option a try when I get home tonight (I have a 2 week old baby girl so..), time permitting.

Thanks again for the help people!

-Jeremy

Congrats.

Yeah I had the same bug last playthrough and was a problem that made me scratch my head, Kreia, Bao-Dur and Atton should all be in the prision cells, but what happened to me was Kreia and Atton where at the front door after the talk with Atris and when I talked to Kreia I got 2 [Cheat Node] options. So to combat this, I just loaded the last Autosave which was when the shuttle landed on the polar caps, unfortunately you have to fight the HK-50's again.

I think the cause of this problem is perhaps the dialogue you first say to the handmaidens when you first enter the academy.

It is the dialogue choice you pick when you enter the academy that results in this glitch. The way around it is to pick the "who are you?" dialogue option when the handmaiden's challange you, then "ok, I didn't come here to fight".

Thats exactly it. DO NOT say you'll lower your weapons when handmaiden asks. If you say anything else it will trigger dialog from kriea and a cutscene.

If you dont get that dialog and cutscene you have to reload.

Just to be on the safe side, I always save before I enter the academy.