I love shooting

Eddo36

It's pretty different now. A-Line was the name of the range at Parris Island. After Rifle Qual week you went to A-Line for a week to learn the Beretta, SAW, Grenades, and M203. Looks like they dropped it. They have swim qual in week 9. We did that in Forming Week it looks like they dropped forming week all together. Just as well, it's wasted time. They changed the end too. In week 9 we went to the field for BWT for 3 weeks (Gas Chamber, rapelling, land nav, leadership & tactics, etc). After that you come back for week 12 and do the final PFT and everything else on there and graduate. Defensive Driving course? In boot camp? WTF?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A good friend of mine practiced shooting and practiced hunting too. He died a few months ago during a moose hunting "session" (the gun exploded in his face).

I will never touch a gun again after that event.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

How did that happen? Wrong round?

Probably. Maybe there was a problem with the gun itself... Anyway, it is a very sad story...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

This is the handgun I'm thinking of getting it before it gets banned soon one of these days. It's .50 cal and can probably go through body armor, walls, and stop cars cold when aimed at the engine. It's currently going for $1186.00 :(

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=-1&isFirearm=Y

Though I already spent half that much on handgun classes.

s_w500.jpg

That's not an easy pistol to shoot.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No, but it'll make the evil-dooers scream with fear. :(

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

This is the handgun I'm thinking of getting it before it gets banned soon one of these days. It's .50 cal and can probably go through body armor, walls, and stop cars cold when aimed at the engine. It's currently going for $1186.00 :)

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=-1&isFirearm=Y

s_w500.jpg

That's not an easy pistol to shoot.

What makes it not easy? Recoil does not affect your aim, since it goes into effect only after the round is fired.

No, but it'll make the evil-dooers scream with fear.  ;)

I think the most ominous sound in the world is the sound of a single action revolver cylinder rotating as the hammer is locked. That soft little triple click is as loud as thunder, especially when it is coming from behind you.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have fired a .22 caliber handgun and a .50 caliber machine gun.

I like the .50 cal better. :D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

In my experience - having fired several calibre and style of guns and rifles - the FN C1A1 remains most memorable, both for accuracy and durability. Weight was problematic, but the many positives, far outweighed that aspect.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

This is the handgun I'm thinking of getting it before it gets banned soon one of these days. It's .50 cal and can probably go through body armor, walls, and stop cars cold when aimed at the engine. It's currently going for $1186.00 :(

No, no, and no. It's not a death ray. It's just a big handgun...way too big, in fact, for someone who's never fired a handgun before. Get yourself a .22, work your way up through the mid-range calibers which will actually be fun and useful, and and then decide if you really need to go any bigger. Picking one of those as your first handgun is like choosing a Ducatti 1000 for your first motorcycle.

If you came out of them thinking you needed a .500 for your first handgun, for all those armored bodies and charging cars you'll be shooting at, you should ask for your money back.

What makes it not easy? Recoil does not affect your aim, since it goes into effect only after the round is fired.

Do you really think you're going to learn to shoot straight firing hundreds of rounds out of a gun you'll come to hate firing, and will cost you close to a buck a round?

Again, get yourself a .22 and have some fun plinking cans all day, without getting a sore wrist, for a sawbuck. It won't make you any less macho.

Edited by Aram

A good friend of mine practiced shooting and practiced hunting too. He died a few months ago during a moose hunting "session" (the gun exploded in his face).

I will never touch a gun again after that event.

That's kind of an irrational fear. I don't know what was wrong with the firearm or what your friend was doing wrong, but unless you do something really stupid or are shooting something that really ought not be fired, there's really no danger of that happening.

What is the procedure for legally obtaining firearms in the US? Is this method standard across the whole country?

For most places, simply walk in and buy what you like. Most states have waiting periods for handguns. A few cities require you to register and every where you need a permit to carry it loaded and concealed. Anyone over 18 can carry one in their car so long as it is not loaded. To carry it loaded you need a permit. They are not difficult to get. Every state has it's own laws though. There are only a few federal laws and mainly those deal with full auto weapons.

Thomas Sowell

What is the procedure for legally obtaining firearms in the US? Is this method standard across the whole country?

Varies by state, doesn't it?

There might be a Federal minimum requirement (sign up, name check, delay until pick up of weapon).

In the United States, a person must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun or ammunition intended for a handgun from a Federally licensed dealer, which is higher than the age requirement of 18 for rifles and shotguns.

clickie

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

For most places, simply walk in and buy what you like. Most states have waiting periods for handguns. A few cities require you to register and every where you need a permit to carry it loaded and concealed. Anyone over 18 can carry one in their car so long as it is not loaded. To carry it loaded you need a permit. They are not difficult to get. Every state has it's own laws though. There are only a few federal laws and mainly those deal with full auto weapons.

I thought it was something like that but wanted a definitive answer. Thanks. Do you guys think there should be mandatory safety lessons and some kind of course to be taken before being allowed to buy a gun?

My father probaly never would have let me leave the house without owning a firearm. I used to shoot all the time when I was younger. I own a Beretta 9mm that I pretty well only shoot once or twice a year with my father. The novelty of guns wears off pretty quick when you can talk to your father about actually killing another person.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I thought it was something like that but wanted a definitive answer. Thanks. Do you guys think there should be mandatory safety lessons and some kind of course to be taken before being allowed to buy a gun?

Nope just about anyone can own a gun legally if they're not a felon. The U.S. doesn't hold its people to any real level of responsibility when it comes to firearms

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

ahh the decadence.. sweet den of corruption I salute you..

I'm just happy to live in a country that hates firearms..

You would love Singapore ;)

They have the death penalty for carrying firearms.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein