I love shooting

Eddo36

No sane person would put a gun in Eddo's hands.  :blink:

Are you making a request?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've always preferred rifles to handguns. Like my Winchester .300. There is just something about being able to hit a target 1500 yards away.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Took introductory pistol course earlier today, and am going to a more tactical course tomorrow, and I love it. Never shot a pistol before now. It's fun to have the 2nd Amendment.  :D

How could you be in the Marines and never have fired a handgun?

I think you were lying about being in the marines.

Lying.

This is the handgun I'm thinking of getting it before it gets banned soon one of these days. It's .50 cal and can probably go through body armor, walls, and stop cars cold when aimed at the engine. It's currently going for $1186.00 :)

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=-1&isFirearm=Y

Though I already spent half that much on handgun classes.

s_w500.jpg

Okay, can that air winger or someone tell him why pistol shooting isn't taught to everyone in the USMC?

Heh, that would be me! You fam fire (familiarization fire) the beretta 9mm during A-Line week in boot camp. Just a half a day and each recruit only gets to shoot once 10 rounds, maybe twice if you are lucky. Most of your training is in the M-16, M203, and M249. Until you become an NCO (Corporal or higher) you will not need to qualify with the pistol. But you will qualify with the M-16 every year. There are exceptions. If you are an armorer you must qualify with every weapon and your primary weapon will be the 9mm. If you get assigned to armory duty (a 30 or 60 day stint as a guard) you will need to qualify for the 9mm or the .12GA. Or both. There ae other exceptions I'm sure but those are the only ones that come to mind. After I got out of boot camp I did not even see a pistol again until I made Corporal.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didnt know that. Do they still do A-Line week (special weapons week I think they call in in SD. A-Line is a Parris Island term)? The only weapons training we did in MCT was the M-16, SAW, and M-60. But we used those all the time.

Thomas Sowell